make it failrp to taze someone shooting at you
(01-22-2013, 05:35 PM)Toxic Wrote: A taser is still considered a projectile weapon, shooting prongs into you and zapping you senseless with 500,000+ volts of electricity.
Officer's choice for a lethal or nonlethal takedown.

I agree with this, to be honest. I can see where the opposite side is coming from, it feels quite reckless, when compared to the real life or otherwise realistic, to just run into a guy/gal, bulky and tough though your self-description as an officer may be, and just taze them in the face of lethal threat but one must consider this game-wise too.

It ought to still be balanced and disabling a police-officer from being able to choose between pistol or tazer is quite a bit too rough for the class if you ask me.

Also, running in and "doing it rambo-style" could be an option given the circumstances. Are their distracting third parties? Are there vehicles, walls or other world props, if not regular props to effectively hide behind and think up a maneuver? It's hard to decide upon something like that if not at least most possible circumstances can be accurately predicted, let alone assuredly known.

I'd hate for those who should be protecting us citizens to feel less authoritarian than they should by stripping them of a capability they technically, but not lawfully (or indeed, neither by means of server-rules) are allowed to use.

I'll give this some more thought - interesting.

Messages In This Thread
RE: make it failrp to taze someone shooting at you - by Tribal - 01-22-2013, 06:07 PM