Clans. Used for RP or an excuse for violence.
Serious topic, please stay on it or please don't post.

I've noticed that the trend in clans seems to be Mafia/criminal element, company that says it has a lot of passive areas but mainly only shows it's "protection" or "security" forces, or some form of military, paramilitary, or counter terrorism group.

Most of the clans I see tend to promote violence or use violence to attempt to promote passive RP. The second case usually causes more chaos as victories are short lived. The only clan I've seen that doesn't seem to go out of its way for violence is SAA, though they still get in gunfights every now and then. At least when they are shooting at people it's usually because mingecore crew attacked or raided them. Rarely appears to be clan on clan with them.

I was excited to see Evocity News in the forum but never got to see them in action. Sadly I feel that some of the more violent groups that haven't taken the time to even list themselves on the forum would just attack them for fun.

In the time I've spent on this group I've only applied to one clan and denied three clans that asked me to join up with them. I should say two clans because I think the third was just two or three minges that tend to eat bans anyway.

This being said, I'm giving the clan I applied to a little more time, though I think by now the answer is no. While I wait on them to figure out what they want to do, I'm working on a clan idea of my own incase my app gets rejected.

As for replies to this thread, I'm looking for your opinion on the current state of clan trends overall and if you think it's an aggressive trend or if I'm just missing out on something. This isn't here to call out other clans for being this or that, nor was this intended to attack the current existing clans. I'm sure other clans have a passive side that I just haven't seen, SAA only came up because I've seen them do passive RP.

My current clan idea is to form the Evocity Merchants Guild. A collection of business men and women that work together for mutual profit and the betterment of the city. I would reside as the founder for purposes of overall clan management (the admin aspect of the clan on the forums, aka managing the clan thread) but the actual guild president would be decided by votes from all members and would have a system to allow for leader changing via motions and votes. The clan would work together on prices, business plans, and city events such as faires, boxing matches, fund raisers, concerts and whatever other ideas they wish to bring to the table. We will also have a rent-a-cop section for a system of light security - heavy security. The only time we would use any security other then light would be for celebrities and wealthy investors. The investment system will have to be worked out but my idea for it would be you invest x money for x days of investor benefits. benefits would include taxi service, vechical rentals and a body guard if availible / required, at market cost shopping, exclusive rights to anything availible, and complete confidentiality for all transation, rental, and security services.

Feel free to comment on this clan idea while your at it. Please be respectful at all times to all posters of this thread or I will ask that your post be removed. Thanks for reading, your time, and any feedback given. And please, no pictures of stuff like meme or spiderman. -Jokhah
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • ilikeballsacks

Messages In This Thread
Clans. Used for RP or an excuse for violence. - by Old Man Jokhah - 01-11-2013, 03:59 AM