Government officials - what you should and should not do
(09-30-2012, 01:29 AM)Killjoy Wrote: Let me make this clear once and for all: Special Services = tactical unit, same as SWAT, SAS, SRU, QRF and the others.

Their primary function is to be a tactical unit, dealing with high risk situations, barricaded suspects, heavily armed criminals, officers under fire, etc operations. Their main function is not to wear suits and protect presidents.

Aye, that is why I stated that they are an emergency response unit.

But (thankfully), the server is not in a 24/7 state of war. Truth be told, there is a situation which requires SS support every 45 minutes, at best. The rest of the time, when the city is fairly peaceful, they have nothing to do.

Now, in those peaceful times, is it not best for the President to have his most elite units guard him? I do agree that real life SWAT units sit on their bums all day long until they are called, but can we expect that from players? Especially if you take into account that 70% of the people who play SS are kids (not age-wise, they are just not mature) who want to be cops with bigger guns.

All in all, I feel that by having them sit in one place, and do something, the SS is prevented from patrolling the streets and causing an uproar with the general player base. And, ofcourse, if an emergency situation arises, they should be on the scene, doing their job.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Government officials - what you should and should not do - by DoomDude1 - 09-30-2012, 10:49 AM