A sense of accomplishment...
Hey everyone my name is VerteX. I felt like posting this and I know some if not all of you will not really care but you know.

So basically, I've been working with a Mental Healthcare group for almost two years now and it's actually been my first real job. Before this I worked in a Pizza shop and a Nightclub. I'm 19 now going on 20 but I started working with Mental Health at the age of 18. I never really saw myself getting much out of it and I always kept saying to myself that I need to get out of here and work for a better company if I'm going to stick this Mental Health work out.

I never really pushed myself to do anything and it was just out of sheer luck that I got the job in the first place because to be honest, I knew nothing about Mental Health at the time... just did a lot of research before my interview.

Ok so I'm now almost finished my 2nd year here and I woke up one day and decided I'm gunna work for a better company, so I started looking for positions with the NHS. I got so many application rejections that it was knocking my self confidence down but I had a lucky break... I was offered an interview for a Medium Secure Service and because of the work I'm already doing, I'd learnt so much that I actually nailed my interview with them and was offered a position.

As if, after a year of grafting and searching, I'm 4 weeks away from finishing my notice of resignation from my current employer... and then I start working for the National Healthcare Service in Mental Health (NHS). This is such a step up and it's such a hard company to get into but I did it and I really feel a sense of accomplishment in myself. Like all my work and effort has finally paid off!

Sorry to bore you with this Smile

Just wanted to share it... it is off-topic afterall Cheese
The following 2 users Like VerteX's post:
  • Adman, Gamesdude109

Messages In This Thread
A sense of accomplishment... - by VerteX - 09-20-2012, 03:35 PM
RE: A sense of accomplishment... - by Adman - 09-20-2012, 03:44 PM
RE: A sense of accomplishment... - by VerteX - 09-20-2012, 03:47 PM
RE: A sense of accomplishment... - by Dr Tomorrow - 09-20-2012, 04:00 PM
RE: A sense of accomplishment... - by VerteX - 09-20-2012, 04:12 PM
RE: A sense of accomplishment... - by StillAlive - 09-21-2012, 09:18 PM