DeadDonkeys UB request.
Apologies in advance for a potentially long post.

Punches are hardly noteworthy, I was just getting his attention and seeing if it would unstick him, rather futilely.

When he told me he couldn't disconnect, and we were thinking of ideas, I was the first one to propose the plan of killing him, and he agreed. To have bothered the sole admin on the server shortly after a restart over something so small would only have served to annoy him. We were on skype, yes, but we most definitely were not metagaming, and he hadnt even been in the server long enough to read the rules, let alone get his grasp on them. He hardly deserved a ban. You could argue that I did, because the actual kill was, of course, breaking of rules.

To insist and argue that we were both metagaming and deserve bans partially or because of that is ridiculous, and brought about by assumption. I quote from the rule definition of meta "don't talk in OOC ( Out Of Character) while in IC (In Character)." Yet, you still claim I didn't even 'skim' the rules at any point in 10 or so months of on-and-off playing on this server.
We were metagaming about as much as people in OOC discussing skyrim can. To further claim that skype counts as an IC chat is expecting me to talk to my RL friend and neighbor as if I am a character in a gmod server the moment I get into the server and he is still connecting is preposterous. As a result, there is really no situation where you can say I was possibly metagaming. Nor was I even discussing anything RP or gameplay related.

Claiming I was backseat administering (and yes, thats the correct term), which, by default almost implies defiance of admins, and sounds very bad, is also petty and untrue. I made no attempt to influence an admins decision, or mete out justice, or sort out a problem which by default an admin must solve. I had been helping him troubleshoot the whole time, and this was simply an extension of that.

No one was hurt by any of it, no one had their game experience deteriorated, it affected no one but me and the person who only wanted help so he could try the server. Enacting 'justice' has no value to anyone in this situation. No one has been wronged, or righted.

You can still argue that killing is killing, yes, but it's just being so unbelievably petty. But of course, now that you aided Grub in making the choice, you will probably feel as if you should defend his actions, but hey, I don't know anything about you as an admin apart from these forums, and thats usually things like bans, admin complaints and the like, so it would be very unfair to judge someone solely off of the negative parts of their responsibilities, so I'm not going to make any assumptions about how you will treat this - that would be unfair.

You and I both know that far worse things happen every 45 seconds on the server, and this has only been escalated by pettiness and pride on the part of everyone involved, I feel.

Messages In This Thread
DeadDonkeys UB request. - by DeadDonkey - 07-24-2012, 02:59 PM
RE: DeadDonkeys UB request. - by Ruxandra - 07-24-2012, 05:51 PM
RE: DeadDonkeys UB request. - by DeadDonkey - 07-24-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: DeadDonkeys UB request. - by Ruxandra - 07-24-2012, 08:00 PM
RE: DeadDonkeys UB request. - by Grub - 07-25-2012, 08:50 AM
RE: DeadDonkeys UB request. - by Killjoy - 07-25-2012, 02:26 PM
RE: DeadDonkeys UB request. - by Grub - 07-27-2012, 04:21 AM