DeadDonkeys UB request.
Your name: sG | DeadDonkey [L2]

Your ban ID: Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:6210908 Ban ID: 12828

Banned by: [FL] Grub

Server: V2d

Involved: Me, Grub, Iamtree

Why we should unban you: Basically, Iamatree and I were banned for me 'randomly' killing Iamatree and 'metagaming' by talking to him using skype.

Now, I know iamatree IRL and this was his first time playing on the server. We'd been in that skype call for about 4 hours, hopping from game to game, as he had got many new source games in the steam sale and I was showing him around. I decided to show him the FL server, and first time he was playing it he got stuck in the wall upon spawning, and after fixing many other issues, we were tired of bugs. He couldnt just reconnect to the game because his disconnect button was blocked by another bug of some sort, where the RP menu blocked his pause menu. He asked me to kill him, so I quickly obliged.

Grub saw this, and from where he was standing, obviously it must have looked mingey, which is reasonable, and some admins would have banned on the spot for minging/RDM. But he took me up on the roof of a building, froze me, and tried to talk it out. I explained everything, then he asked Iamatree if this was true, who told him it was, then I he went afk, I believe to consult someone else about it, then timed out of the server. About half an hour later we were both suddenly banned.

I believe I should be unbanned because this is enforcement of rules in a vague, sideways manner without taking into account the reasoning behind the rules being in place, and not really using common sense. I don't believe I did anything wrong per se, I was just trying to show my friend the server for the first time and sort out his bugs, but now hes banned before he can even get started.

Messages In This Thread
DeadDonkeys UB request. - by DeadDonkey - 07-24-2012, 02:59 PM
RE: DeadDonkeys UB request. - by Ruxandra - 07-24-2012, 05:51 PM
RE: DeadDonkeys UB request. - by DeadDonkey - 07-24-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: DeadDonkeys UB request. - by Ruxandra - 07-24-2012, 08:00 PM
RE: DeadDonkeys UB request. - by Grub - 07-25-2012, 08:50 AM
RE: DeadDonkeys UB request. - by Killjoy - 07-25-2012, 02:26 PM
RE: DeadDonkeys UB request. - by Grub - 07-27-2012, 04:21 AM