Admin Protocol
No i do understand that sometimes an admin feels there is no other option but to enforce a ban, but I however do not believe that in any situation there isn't a solution. For Example:

Player begins to prop push players and vehicles - Admin attempts to talk to player but then admin is on the receiving end of the prop pushin: Result : Freeze the player (if that option isn't available then it should be) - Once frozen he is completely harmless and then the process can begin.

"You are being banned for prop pushing players/admins/vehicles and adding a negative atmoshpere to the server community" - Obviously the player can not deny it because that player will have been caught red handed by the admin and the ban can take place.

-------------------------------------------------

Another example: Player runs over another players that was standing on the pavement - Admin attempts to talk to the player by asking them to get of the vehicle and then teleporting them over to a quiet area :: Bare in mind that this possibly could have been an accident. Whether the person was on the pavement or not. It is actually possible to have had a frozen game and lost control (You cant deny that it has never happened). :: Deal with the situation calmy, ask them what happened and enquire as to whether it was deliberate or accidental. Obviously they will most likely tell you it was accidental whether its the truth or not but unless you actually have sufficient proof (not word of mouth, sorry but words rarely mean anything and could be biased) don't instantly ban. Put them on observation.

(Where I work IRL, we have patients on Observation levels 1-4:
Level 1 - Check back to the person every hour
Level 2 - Check back to the person every 30 minutes
Level 3 - Check back every 10 minutes
Level 4 - Constant observation (Line of sight) )

For instance: Just to ensure you are following our rules, I'm going to be checking up on you every "10 Minutes" for a period of 30 Minutes. If within the 30 minutes I feel that you are behaving, I will pursue no further action. If however it seems that you are not following the rules in place, you will be banned for a period of time.

It doesnt have to be as formal as I have made it but I feel that if players realise admins are not jumping to conclusions and are actually following a certain protocol giving them the opportunity to redeem themselves, it may offer a better future for Fearless.

Admins I understand you have jobs and a life outside of garrys mod but you must also remember that you did choose to take on the role as an Administrator and therefore you have the responsibility to set an example. If a child IRL was misbehaving would you give him/her the worst form of punishment straight away or offer him/her a chance to settle down and behave?

Please take this into consideration. It could work. It should work

Messages In This Thread
Admin Protocol - by VerteX - 07-12-2012, 07:37 AM
RE: Admin Protocol - by Rain999 - 07-12-2012, 08:18 AM
RE: Admin Protocol - by VerteX - 07-12-2012, 09:22 AM
RE: Admin Protocol - by Fultz - 07-12-2012, 12:02 PM
RE: Admin Protocol - by VerteX - 07-12-2012, 02:25 PM
RE: Admin Protocol - by Jamie - 07-12-2012, 02:57 PM
RE: Admin Protocol - by SoulRipper - 07-12-2012, 03:04 PM
RE: Admin Protocol - by VerteX - 07-12-2012, 03:07 PM
RE: Admin Protocol - by Dark Shadowfall - 07-17-2012, 02:45 PM
RE: Admin Protocol - by Theblackshadowofgod - 09-27-2014, 10:19 PM