The great religion discussion thread
Question 
*note* I know we had a thread somewhat like this previously, which asked "what religion (if any) do you belong to?". A ton of discussions about life, religion and cultures popped up on that thread, but unfortunately that was not OP's wish, so he had it closed. It is my wish though. Debates are healthy and incite interest in other viewpoints etc.

So..

My opinion on religion is akin to that of my opinion to monarchy. It is useless, stupid and redundant in this age of ours. I understand why people seek refuge in the belief of a god that wants to help you (especially in poorer countries), but most safe people really don't have a reason to be religious. I think religion holds civil rights back (homosexuality, equality), in some cases can incite discrimination (gender and sexuality), and I just think that is fucking barbaric in our time. I think anyone who has a problem with homosexuality because "LAWL THE MAN IN THE SKY SAYS SO", shouldn't be allowed a voice or vote in our society (well that is a bit of an exaggeration, but you catch ma drift), because that is just not constructive (because lets face it, what reasons are there, for homosexuality not being allowed?)
With that being said, I am still totally fine with people being religious, I just wish they weren't. Now you will scream "DEPRIVATION OF FREEDOM!", and that would be completely wrong. While I wish people didn't believe in the man in the sky, I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER force anyone to be atheist.

So.. What is your general opinion of religions and stuffs?

Messages In This Thread
The great religion discussion thread - by Dylan - 06-27-2012, 04:47 PM