Some new scam on Steam?
So I haven't been a affected by this besides the annoyance of my inbox being spammed, but there appears to be people posting links on my steam profile to a website which will try and download something onto my computer.

Here's a pic.

[Image: kxjlmCd.png]

I've been getting these every time I log onto steam, and the people appear to be normal users as they have tons of games, so maybe they've been hijacked. Few seconds after I clicked the link (*People begin to sigh*) AVG picked up a Softsonic download, so most likely a virus or something. Just thought I should share. Smile

Also, upon inspection of the actual person he had the links on his page too. Maybe some sort of chain virus? Idk.

[Image: iwhvSAf.png]
People actually still click on random links from random people? Geez.
The following 1 user Likes Feffe's post:
  • GRiiM
It's nothing new, I get about 10 a day when trading. It's bots that send to everyones profile or when they add you. It's basically a key logger so they can access your account and take all your steam inventory. My idea is just block anyone with a steam level of 0 and ignore them if you do add me.
Kind Regards,
Arxxy
Fearless Donator

(01-16-2015, 12:02 PM)ZedsDead Wrote: People actually still click on random links from random people?  Geez.

I've been targetted too, sometimes is related on TF2 and some times , my GMod addons dissapear for no f*cking reason.
Mexico is not safe
I've been getting this on my profile:

Hey,sorry for trouble you. I unbox my first unusual,but i noob in tf2,and i need your help.Check please screenshot,it good or bad unusual? and maybe you know price? i could trade with you? {LINK REMOVED - Please don't spam, and be wary of scams.} (STEAM Name: Richard) and I busted him attempting to phish me, AKA: Scam me and hack me account
Mexico is not safe
The following 1 user Likes TheImpossibleTruster5's post:
  • Tandy
New? No. This has been around for awhile, just becoming more common.

As always, done click links from people you don't trust. If you get a link like this, delete it from your profile as well so others do the click on it.
[img=0x250]http://i.imgur.com/rd1bm3k.png[/img]
The following 1 user Likes SirCrow's post:
  • Tandy
Watch out for this as well: 
My friend got it today and i don't know if he can get rid of it...

Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
I got a knife in csgo lately and suddenly you get 10 friend requests in 10 minutes. Never click on those links, even if it's your friend or someone you know.
We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever.