Unfair banning
Your name: James Carter

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:38470495

Banning Admin:Whoop

Ban Length: 4 days

Reason for the ban: RDM, not yelling raid

Why we should unban you: Because it was not a RDM. Just because you do not know the reason, or even agree with it, does not mean this is not one. This is why admins should speak to people and not be so quick to ban. I was just unarrested, killing the mayor was an act of revenge. As for not yelling raid, well it was not a raid. I seen the mayor openly standing in nexus lobby so I pulled my gun out.

(08-03-2011, 11:24 PM)JamesCarter Wrote: well it was not a raid. I seen the mayor openly standing in nexus lobby so I pulled my gun out.

That is a raid.
(08-03-2011, 11:28 PM)Storm Wrote:
(08-03-2011, 11:24 PM)JamesCarter Wrote: well it was not a raid. I seen the mayor openly standing in nexus lobby so I pulled my gun out.

That is a raid.

Perhaps that should be make more clear. My understanding of a raid was breaking into a private area to kill/steal. Mayor was in public area.

Still, you cannot pull out a gun in public and shoot someone because of 'revenge'
(08-04-2011, 12:05 AM)Whoop Wrote: Still, you cannot pull out a gun in public and shoot someone because of 'revenge'

Very well. Your server, your rules. I did go over the rules, I may have missed the one that said murder in public places is a violation of server rules. In any event I am glad I learned how your server operates before I donated Cheese. You may as well extend my ban to perma, because if banning people for innocent mistakes and with out warning is how you decide to treat your players, then I will spend my time else where. Good bye
I think you should calm down before you ragequit the community,
Killing a president because you got arrested is pretty stupid, fair enough hunting down the cop or whatever but the president wasn't really involved as he only warranted you.
Look at it from whoops perspective, a president is in a public area and you just pop up and blast him, no RP, no yell, just violence.
That is not an "Innocent mistake" That is you not rp'ing well.
We could shorten the ban to 1440 minutes (A day) If you spend that time rehearsing the server rules, and calm down a bit.
Dealorino?
(08-04-2011, 12:44 AM)Storm Wrote: That is not an "Innocent mistake" That is you not rp'ing well.
We could shorten the ban to 1440 minutes (A day) If you spend that time rehearsing the server rules, and calm down a bit.
Dealorino?

Ok, fair enough. I can see that it would be a pain to watch over 50 people and keep track of who you did or did not warn about something, on top of the fact that people are prolly PMing admins with endless complaints. Had I known my actions where a violation of the rules, I would not have done it. As for "not RPing well", that to me is arbitrary. It may seem common sense to people that have been playing on the server for a significant amount of time what behavior is deemed acceptable, but please remember to people some what new it may not always be clear what is expected. From my point of view, Mayor issued warrant, I seen him standing openly with no security or witness around so it was the perfect chance to off him. With out a list of what are or are not valid reasons to kill someone, it is left arbitary in which case I believe a 4 day on the spot ban was a little extensive. I do truely appreciate you being willing to reduce the time on my ban even after my bit of a rage post. I expected a insta perma for that. You must however forgive me for being a little hesitant to invest a significant amount of time on a server building up money and inventory when I have a fear of being banned and losing it all over a rule I do not know I am breaking. Thank you for taking the time to review my post.