Cannot Join server Lots of errors
I've been playing on FL for a very long time on both V2d and V33 but lately I've been getting error's which are resulting in me unable to play on any server I've been getting the errors:
cannot load lump 34 *********** bytes failed to load
the instruction at "**********" referenced memory at "**********" the memory could not be read
Failed to lock vertex buffer
CMDL cache: out of memory

I've been getting all these errors and its becoming a real pain in the ass seeing as all my friends play on FL but i cannot any help would be greatly appreciated i have tried to uninstall and reinstall and change my launch options to :
+r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 -heapsize 1745728 +cl_cmdrate 100 +myinfo_bytes 2000 +cl_updaterate 101 +rate 30000 -dxlevel 80 -w 1024 -h 768 +mat_antialias 8 +mat_forceaniso 16| but this does not help

sincerely
Bobjahoho
Sounds like corrupted memory. Are you sure your memory sticks are still alright ? Or do you even have enough memory free to run GMod ?
How much gb ram does u have?
and try set launch option with this -dxlevel 98
and if u have 6 gb ram or over try launch with this
-heapsize 6291456 -dxlevel 98
(this did so i could join Tounge)
We could help further if you could possibly post all of you system specs. I can agree with Darkkel, sounds like a memory problem. If you have any other compatible sticks somewhere in the house, Try swapping them out for a test, see if you can run gmod with them.

Also, Try -dxlevel 81. Usually fixes all of my problems, I dont know if -dxlevel 98 works, buts its definitely worth a try.
(01-25-2013, 02:00 AM)Jarz Wrote: Also, Try -dxlevel 81. Usually fixes all of my problems, I dont know if -dxlevel 98 works, buts its definitely worth a try.

Dxlevel 81 is an little upgrade of Directx 8, this should help in some things
Dxlevel 98 is an downgraded version of Directx 10 that have most gamefeatures fixed, that Directx is causing.
(just some info :3)
Just a quick update i can join the server but only if it had recently crashed or restarted here is some of my specs: AMD Phenom™ 9950 Quad-Core processor 2.60 GHz, 3.50 GB of ram. I'm running on windows xp home service pack 3 if that is any help I have 28GB of memory left but whilst i have 50 and 100gb i still got the error
(01-27-2013, 04:11 PM)bobjahoho Wrote: Just a quick update i can join the server but only if it had recently crashed or restarted here is some of my specs: AMD Phenom™ 9950 Quad-Core processor 2.60 GHz, 3.50 GB of ram. I'm running on windows xp home service pack 3 if that is any help I have 28GB of memory left but whilst i have 50 and 100gb i still got the error

Memory is different from HDD. Memory is what you call RAM in that post. HDD are HDD or disk space ...

3.5 GB is an odd amount, I hope it's 3 sticks of 1 GB and one of 512 MB, and even that way, it tends to be buggy under certain circumstances or with certain old motherboard not being smart enough to deal such specs.