Banned for prop climbing - unfair?
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
Your name: Mellow

Your ban ID: 5747

Banned by: [FL] Shadow

Server: rp_EvoCity v2d

Involved: (see quote below)

Why we should unban you:

I was driving around on the server when I spotted a base of sorts. It had a gate with a keypad on it. Outside the base there was a dumpster. I saw some people talking so I thought I'd jump on the dumpster to get over the gate. I said hi to the guys and they told me I propclimbed.

I thought this meant spawning a prop to jump over a barrier, and that if the object was a part of the map, I could do it legitimately. I told him that "I actually didn't, there was a dumpster outside! I can show you."

The person told me to show him, so I walked out and pointed to it and said "There it is!". He said "That's prop climbing". I responded "But I didn't put it there!". Before we could discuss it further, I was banned.

I didn't intend to break any rules, so if this was a broken one, I wanted to be informed that I was not allowed to jump over the gate despite there being an object already there. There was no need to jump to a ban, as it could have been solved through a simple "don't do that anymore" and an elaboration on the rules. I looked through the rules (on this website) but could only find one reference to propclimbing in the vehicles section, so I am rather confused.

Here is a quote from the server.

Quote:Mel Gusta: You fukcing propclimbed
(Local OOC) [FL:RP] SantaPrune: That's climbing?
Disconnect: Kicked by Console : Reason at fearlessrp.net.

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:14496843
It isn't allowed to jump over walls, even if there is an object there to do so..
and no, before you join the server, downloading the server stuff, it says clearly to read the rules before joining/playing.

You propclimbed... and instead of saying sorry, I didn't know, you went like, "oh there was already a prop tho.." Doesn't matter if there is a prop, you broke a rule. Simple.

Warning Point given & Closed for this reason:
"3. If you are banned for less than 24h/1 day, you are not allowed to make an unban request."