Human Augmentation
I believe they have a "prototype" Of that kind of technology in the military (No idea if its in use or not) But its essentially a nanoskeleton that helps lift very heavy objects like ammo cans so soldiers dont face fatigue so often. But yea, As Flame said, Sounds good. Just dont add the weapons.
[Image: IMG]

Beflok is my idol

Interesting to say the least. After watching this I do believe that the technology will be coming faster than anyone will expect. I am not against the expansion of trans-humanism, sometimes it is a scary thought when you start to talk weapons though lol. I cannot wait to see what will happen in the near future.

Now... this technology cannot be cheap. I wan't to hear a little bit about the economic situation for this stuff.
(11-18-2011, 05:47 AM)elder189 Wrote: Now... this technology cannot be cheap. I wan't to hear a little bit about the economic situation for this stuff.

I've read that the power knee cost $100.000 dollar
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Aye. Of course, with insurance, that's not much. A heart transplant costs $787,700 (http://www.transplantliving.org/beforeth...costs.aspx), and this is just as major a surgery. Although I doubt we'll be getting upgrades by choice any time soon with that cost, it'll only be for amputee victims.

Of course, in Deus Ex there were people who actually amputated their own limbs to get insurance to pay for an augment - I wonder if that'll ever happen if we get the technology good enough.

Also as well as the optic nerve brain-computer interface they made in the video, they've actually made a chip that acts like the brains neuron connections. It looks incredible so far.
Remember Moore's law, this stuff doubles every 18 months.