Appeal I guess, and explanatory
Your name: Vierkantdel

Your ban ID: 48976

Banned by: [FL] Enzyme

Reason: Massive propminging

Involved: Unknown
Why we should unban you:
So yesterday evening SOMEBODY accessed my account, and now all the blame is shoved on me in all of the sudden.

Yesterday evening (between 9, 10:45 PM) UTC+01:00 I left our house to go to a friend, before doing so I've shut down my computer, which is mind you not password protected, which I SHOULD be doing after this whole incident.
After I returned at home, I find my computer up and running which I'm sure is NOT caused by a AC failure, as my browser was open on a blank page (doesn't autostart), and a few other windows. Some other friends asked me if I liked to join the server which I did.
I started talking a bit in OOC, suddenly somebody shoved a lot of hatred on me and I asked the guy to explain what he was talking about.
He then told me I was minging like no tomorrow, which I swear I haven't done.
This is obviously a case where I haven't got any concrete evidence on.
I've asked my mom if there was anyone at home at said time, there wasn't. So at this point I'm checking my computer thoroughly for any potential malware on my computer (remote controls), and disabled my wake on LAN function in the BIOS settings of my PC.

But my whole point about this is one thing: Why is the blame being shoved on me just because someone took access to my computer? I'm not expecting that some guy feels to trace my IP address, possibly injecting some worms here and there, ONLY to get access to the server from my account. Considering this whole crap happened I'm doing about everything possible to get my computer secure again.

I just want to say this: The gameplay is great, sometimes I do have the tendency to be a bit naughty (I've driven over certain people a time or two because I got distracted at times), but THIS is over the top. Sometimes jumping to conclusions very fast just because you get some evidence shoved in your face doesn't work.

Also to get you all happy, I'm looking around for potential security logs on our router to see if I can find out who took access.

If you want more elaboration, please contact my brother Recurracy to show you that I was out of home that time.
I hope somebody is able to fill me about this whole question. If you have any questions, please ask.
This is the ban request which resulted in your suspension:
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=46889

As you can see in the evidence, it is quite clear that your account was breaking the rules and in fact to quite a large scale. The behaviour seen in the video is not acceptable and resulted in a permanent suspension from the servers. As it stands, your account is your responsibility and unless clear and proper evidence can be provided which shows that your statements are true then there is no possibility of this being revoked. Even if your statements are proven to be true, it may not be possible for the suspension to be removed because at the end of the day, your steam account broke our server rules. As far as community players and staff members are concerned, that warrants a punishment.

Vierkantdel Wrote:Why is the blame being shoved on me just because someone took access to my computer?
This is because your steam account broke server rules and it isn't possible for us to know at that time that your computer was potentially compromised. As I have said before, unless we are one hundred percent sure that it was not you, we can only say that a player Vierkantdel (STEAM_0:0:31571183) broke the rules, thus making you liable to suspension.
Regards,
aviator
That makes sense, but please be aware that this is EXTREMELY frustrating as I can't even seem to have a good time with a friend without someone taking over my damn computer and causing this crap behind my back. I just checked my router's settings, the damn device doesn't have any security logs to find it.
My phone doesn't have anything useful either to prove that I've been away from home, as I haven't got the location reporting enabled set up yet. (I've recently installed a new Paranoid Android version on my phone, so configurations have to be done yet)
The problem is that the scenario happened at the least moment I'd expect I need potential backup evidence.
So tell me, what should I even try to do at this point? I really liked the time playing on this server. (Minus the trouble I've caused by unintentional CDMs, sorry for that)

Eitherway, I've been checking some settings again, and I at least managed to patch security weaknesses on our end, so I think that's secured now.

But realize that I'm basically standing next to a brick wall, as making a Steam alt just for this is not worth it and a bannable offence.
All I can propose at this point is a compromise like a PTE blacklist of maybe 2 weeks of playtime. But I highly doubt that will be accepted considering the gravity of the situation. (Saw the ban request that got posted about 'me')
So you're telling me that someone got on your computer/got access to your account and then went on FL to play?
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
How fishy it sounds, yes.
I've checked my entire computer if I could find something if that guy did something more on my computer, I can't find any other traces than except I've been banned here. Which makes this whole thing even more unrealistic than it is.

I do know, a other friend of mine couldn't stand me playing on this server, but that's merely a suggestion. I'm not gonna jump to conclusions here, that's the only thing that's remotely relevant to this case.
Claiming someone was on your account does not prove anything and won't get anyone unbanned as it would be quite simple for everyone to claim this.

We have a saying that says "Your account, your responsibility".
Your account was used to break the rules, and that account has been suspended, and that's just how it is.
Sincerely, Enzyme
I already did know this would be questioned that people can throw these statements.
But understand that it's too simple to say ''Oh, it has been done using the account, let's ban that''.
It's like sending a gun to prison instead of the perpetrator.
I do know my account has been used as the 'tool' here, and I know darn well that these pranks can be pulled off, therefore requests that are serious are getting denied.
I'm sorry to say, but the evidence system it just awful and unreliable, considering proving evidence can be impossible at some times.
About the only thing that can be said as evidence is actually questioning my brother, which was home and on the server at the time of this whole thing happening. It's just really weird that he hasn't noticed my account was online while I was gone.

I might as well ask this reversed: How could you prove that I'm actually lying my way out of this whole thing? Obviously this whole story looks suspicious and can be full of holes, but these days a lot of such stories develop, how weird and 'artificial' they appear to be.
The evidence shows "you" breaking the rules.
There is more evidence to prove that you broke the rules than there is that someone was on your computer doing this without concent.

You saying something doesn't make it true, and as an admin who is being told lies all the time; I have to be critical with information I'm given from people.

Do you have anything else to add in your case? Unless you have any evidence of some sort, then I fail to see why your ban should be removed/shortened.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Your brother is not a substantial piece of evidence as witness testimonials aren't hard proof. Since you have no way of proving to us that it wasn't you who accessed your account, this unban request is denied.

P.S. Our system works just fine, perhaps you should have taken better care of your account instead of putting the blame on us (if indeed a third party abused your account).