Ban Request
Name of player: Moviair

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:13393151

Time in GMT: 6. ‎march ‎2013, ‏‎23:24:41

Server: v33x

Summary: Video 1 - Metagaming, an exact quote from his thread - http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=27659
(03-09-2013, 01:09 PM)jlsp1996 Wrote: Name of player:
[FL:RP] Green

SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:62582270

Time in GMT: 6. ‎marts ‎2013, ‏‎23:24:41

Server: v33x

Summary: was raiding with my friend and talking skype.

Evidence: http://youtu.be/AxopTG1h4FI
Also on a side note, all this guy does is raid and promote aggressive rp.

Evidence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...xopTG1h4FI
Using Skype or any other voice chat program for ingame information is Metagaming.
(03-10-2013, 03:49 AM)Jokhah Wrote: Using Skype or any other voice chat program for ingame information is Metagaming.

Who's that meant to be to Jokhah? I know it's metagaming, it's the basis of my BR :3
(03-10-2013, 03:49 AM)Jokhah Wrote: Using Skype or any other voice chat program for ingame information is Metagaming.

Then people that are playing together and talking in FLs server on teamspeak are metagaming too? (If people still do that)

I've been banned for metagaming when I posted a ban request long time ago and I was talking in Skype yet I see countless of ban request where you clearly hear people talking in skype together and no punishment is made.

Where does the line of metagaming via voice chat go? If I just do passive RP with people and uses skype/teamspeak is that still metagaming?

Sidenote: I rarley use voice chat now, I hardly use my mic in the game either. Feels better to type so I recommend all to type in game.

Sorry for "stealing" the thread and posting without sufficient rights and this may not fit here but while on the subject...
(03-10-2013, 03:13 PM)Humla Wrote: -snip-

It is perfectly fine to use TeamSpeak/Skype or any similar program while playing on our servers as long as you do not talk about IC information using these programs. So you can use FL's TeamSpeak server while playing on our RP servers as long as you do not talk about IC information. If someone talks about IC information, then it will be considered as metagaming and is bannable offense.

I have not seen the ban request you got banned from, but I assume you were talking about IC stuff using Skype, which is not allowed. Those ban requests that you saw people using Skype while playing, does not necessarly mean they are metagaming. It is more than allowed to talk about whatever you would like to as long as it is not IC information. In some other cases the metagaming offense might be minor, and not enough for a suspension to be issued. If you have spotted a ban request in which the poster, or anyone else was violating the rules and the administrator who reviwed the request has not noticed that, please send him a forum PM.

As for Roleplaying passively - It does not give you the right you can go ahead and violate the rules, so nope.

Hope this clarifies.
As ghost has summed it up there is no issue with this example of skype..

I have already banned this user for promoting aggressive RP.

Denied.
Need some builds for RP? Click here!