When people say "FLRP Scripting" what exactly do they mean?
I am fairly good with computer but I do not know how to code or script. I knew a bit of an old code called BASIC but I believe I have forgotten that also.

What is coding? I understand that we use a program to make the model and then use scripts to bring it to life, but how are they made? Do you make them in notepad? Where do you put them? How do they get to the whole server? If someone could explain this to me I would be MORE then pleased. I wish to learn to code even if its just basic and I fear I cant do that if I dont even know how it works. I hope soul sees this lol
I prefer using notepad++. You can install a so called "gmod lua" language. The coding is also lua. I've learned the basics of it. Can script some weapons, but i think that's it. :p
Yeah its quite easy, use some Youtube lua guides and Notepad++ it has an option for Gmod and lets you use some basic templates which save alot of time and stop spelling mistakes / getting a symbol wrong and ruining everything you just did.

This guys tutorials are quite useful when you first start out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-dvHFIyL5o
(04-15-2011, 02:59 PM)Saint Wrote: Yeah its quite easy, use some Youtube lua guides and Notepad++ it has an option for Gmod and lets you use some basic templates which save alot of time and stop spelling mistakes / getting a symbol wrong and ruining everything you just did.

This guys tutorials are quite useful when you first start out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-dvHFIyL5o

Thank you saint! You know, if I learn to code I now owe it all to you Cheese thanks so much and I will give it a shot.

(I had to wait 11 seconds to post this -_-)
From what I hear LUA is pretty similar to C++

C++ is an amazing language to learn, and has like a LOT of applications Smile Plus it's good fun to learn and there are literally hundreds of free tutorials on it on the web.
I would start with C. Ever tried programming in C, C#, C++ or Lua sniper. If you start with C++ you're brilliant. I prefer sticking with C for the beginners and when you're experienced with it, move on to C++.

[Edit]
And no, there is a difference between Lua, and the Gmod Lua. I don't see they have so much in common though. All different commands etc.
(04-16-2011, 09:35 PM)Biowulf Wrote: I would start with C. Ever tried programming in C, C#, C++ or Lua sniper. If you start with C++ you're brilliant. I prefer sticking with C for the beginners and when you're experienced with it, move on to C++.

I did start with C++ Tounge

I didn't think it was too bad Smile
(04-16-2011, 01:15 AM)-Leo Gallante- Wrote: Thank you saint! You know, if I learn to code I now owe it all to you Cheese thanks so much and I will give it a shot.

(I had to wait 11 seconds to post this -_-)

No worries, I found the Lua tuts really helpful
So guys you have me confused, so far we have established:

Sniper is a genius
There are too many forms of "C"
Gmod Lua and Lua are the same
Lua is pretty similar to C++
And C++ is amazing and has alot of cool apps

Which one? C? or LUA?