Camera
Is it meta gaming to use the camera tools to check inside bases as police or SS? I'm kinda curious cause its kinda same as spy camera's that's been used before , you can't look inside the houses but you can look into fortifications
Depends on how you use it, you can rp "bugging" someone's base ( if you can make it hidden but not invisible ) but if your simply using your physgun to look over walls or putting it though windows etc then yes it is metagaming. The key to checking whether your metagaming or not is by thinking to yourself "Would i be able to do this in real life?".

Hope this helps and thanks for checking Tounge
The following 1 user Likes Von Tempski's post:
  • Adman
Well Tempski explains it really well. If you are ever unsure about something you're doing and there is an admin on at the time you could politely ask them whether what you're doing is acceptable. Although keep in mind that using a phys gun to 'hover' it over the wall would be metagaming.
Would it still be Metagaming if you were to have a camera shipped in on a Tides truck, then set up a small scaffold and weld it to the wall of a base? :3

Presuming the scaffold is also on a truck.
thanks for the info i was already wondering how to do it without metagaming it so yeah i understand just hovering over it is metagaming but attaching it to a base wall is more realistic thanks for the info
(07-30-2012, 09:29 AM)Twilight Wrote: Would it still be Metagaming if you were to have a camera shipped in on a Tides truck, then set up a small scaffold and weld it to the wall of a base? :3

Presuming the scaffold is also on a truck.

I think this could be acceptable but at the end of the day I'm not the one deciding this. A lot of the rules, such as ones like these, can be open to interpretation. The best thing to do is to ask an admin either on the forums or in-game to check it up.