Can't Access Server: Mac OSX Error
Do not under any circumstances say "get a PC or run bootcamp" - Steam says the game is mac compatible so I expect it to be Mac Compatible

I re-downloaded Steam on Mac OSX and got Garrys Mod again along with the Half Life series, TF2, Portal and CS:S. I tried to get on the server and everything went smoothly... UNTIL:

I downloaded the Cache file and it didn't even get to the end. In fact I never even saw Sending Client Info. Instead it just said "hl2_osx not responding"

It does this all the time on your server and in fact... all the servers.

I've changed my DX level to try that and also tried changing graphics settings. Not the slightest bit better. I know Garry hit issues with Garrys Mod recently, but it's been months... this should have been fixed!

It won't get past cache download. At one point it wouldn't get past downloading rp_evocity_v2d.ain
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
Because Mac.
The following 2 users Like Flux's post:
  • Dubwub, MuLLeY
(07-21-2012, 12:02 AM)Flux Wrote: Because Mac.

Terrible answer. There is nothing wrong with my Mac and it has had them working before. But since the last known update (garrys mod) everything has just fucked up...

(07-21-2012, 12:04 AM)DumbAssss -_- Wrote:

Terrible answer. There is nothing wrong with my Mac and it has had them working before. But since the last known update (garrys mod) everything has just fucked up...

Also last time I checked, this was a Help & Support forum... not "Be a cocky &%@£" Forum

Great job not helping and being a douchebag in the section titled: "Help and Support".
The following 2 users Like Dylan's post:
  • VerteX, Ms. Mudpie
Finaly another mac user, I can help you for sure. Add me on steam as soon as possible.

zindri_01

And Flux, next retarded comment like that from you and I will ban/take your post access for one week. I wont tolerate that, he asked nicely and you came with that retarded answer. Now you know it..

Peace.
<3<3 I will never forget you grandfather 14.9.11 R.I.P<3<3

Same to me. Happens after all updates
(07-21-2012, 07:52 AM)Andreas Wrote: Finaly another mac user, I can help you for sure. Add me on steam as soon as possible.

zindri_01

And Flux, next retarded comment like that from you and I will ban/take your post access for one week. I wont tolerate that, he asked nicely and you came with that retarded answer. Now you know it..

Peace.

Thanks very much Andreas. Just moved to a new house at the moment and Virgin Media are coming to fit our new Fibre Optic Broadband on saturday so if it is OK with you, I will add you the minute we're up and running.

Another issue, I somehow managed to gain access to the server 2 days ago and when I did there were some major graphics issues that I did not experience when I had bootcamp last month. The brightness and contrast was very sluggish and dark. Also, the screen at one point completely blacked out and took up to 5 minutes to regain some form of clarity.

It's an Intel HD3000 (Yes not the best chipset for graphics but ive never suffered a single performance or graphical issue up until the two days ago). All my drivers are up to date.