Revised Unban Request
Your name: SilentGamer

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:20601769

Banning admin: Killjoy

Ban length: 1 month and 4 days

Reason for the ban: I was exploring the city and wandered into what I now know is something called the Nexus which I had no idea I was not allowed to be in. I was killed several times by whom I thought to be troublemakers, whom I ignored and continued to explore, as there were no written signs saying the area was restricted. (if there were I apologise, as I cannot see many textures within the map due to my lack of Source games e.g. Half Life 2).

I was kicked from the server and then realised that I should not have gone in the Nexus, and so made a promise to myself that I would never go in there again, which I have not.

Later, I was working in my cafe as a chef when suddenly the city came under lockdown. I tried to hide but then I was told that I must leave the city, so I went outside where I was tranquilized, arrested and then shot unnecessarily by policemen, only to respawn behind the fast food restaurant. I was dragged out of the city by guards with physics guns. I realised that the lockdown was probably going to last a long time and so I was going to disconnect but then I realised that my cafe door was still owned by me, so I tried to get back inside the city by jumping over the barriers to sell the door so that it would available for other people to purchase when I was disconnected but this did not work as I was simply dragged outside again. While I was thinking of how I could solve the problem I was run over by a car, and I died and respawned within the city, and tried to avoid guards to try and sell the door of my cafe but got lost amongst buildings covered in missing textures. Suddenly I was banned.

I feel that although I may have been tresspassing I was completely unaware of this and did not know I was breaking the rules, I was simply trying to do good. Even for what I now understand to be not allowed in the server, I feel that being banned for over a month is an unfair punishment and I would be more content to be banned for a time duration such as a day or two, which I would use to carefully read and comprehend the rules.

I deeply apologise for any misunderstanding,

Yours sincerely,
SilentGamer
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Idea
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Seems like you're sorry enough and deserve a ban shortening, however the ultimate decision falls to Killjoy as he's the banning admin Smile
I'll discuss the details of this issue with you over PM.
(08-21-2011, 07:52 PM)killjoy Wrote: I'll discuss the details of this issue with you over PM.

Thank you, I'm very grateful for you to discuss this with me. I would like to convey my sincerest apologise for my disrespect to your server's rules.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Idea
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Ban lifted, staff made a deal with the user in question.