Your name:

Jack
Your ban ID:

Banned by:

[FL] DoomDude1
Reason:

Breaking FailRP
Involved:

No one else is involved which is why I am confused, I did nothing wrong.
Why we should unban you:

First of all I would like to say I have absolutely no idea what I did to break FearRP. I was playing on v2d and had no run in with a cop at all or anyone with a gun. The server I was playing on before my ban was v2p and I didn't once break FearRP on there either.

I am not sure if the wrong Jack got banned, or maybe this is one big mistake. I have no idea why I am banned, this is very confusing.
You were provoking the police sergeant to shoot you, but first you broke FearRP several times when he ordered you to leave the area, under tazer point.
(05-19-2013, 12:44 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: You were provoking the police sergeant to shoot you, but first you broke FearRP several times when he ordered you to leave the area, under tazer point.

I was trying to prove a point that I was on public property and he couldn't order me to leave. I wasn't trying to role-play I was just trying to explain this to him. And if you were watching the whole situation happen why didn't you intervene? You could have explained to us exactly what we did wrong instead of the 3 day ban, plus why didn't you do anything when he was repeatedly tazing me and handcuffing me. Can you please shorten the ban even though I don't completely agree with it in the first place, I think it is a tad harsh.
If he points a tazer at you and tells you to leave, you leave. You do not decide to open up a debate club. FearRP is a very basic rule, one which I thought was simple and easy to understand. Let me quote it for you, to refresh your memory:

13. Follow FearRP. You can't attack a person who has a gun (or tazer) pointed at you, while you are unarmed, you must roleplay being afraid of the gun.

Not a hard one to understand. What you did was loiter around there for a while, taunting him and breaking FearRP. When he decided to leave, you started insulting him, even with a pistol to your face. He then killed you (he got suspended as well).

Any evidence to post as why you should be unbanned?
(05-19-2013, 05:02 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: If he points a tazer at you and tells you to leave, you leave. You do not decide to open up a debate club. FearRP is a very basic rule, one which I thought was simple and easy to understand. Let me quote it for you, to refresh your memory:

13. Follow FearRP. You can't attack a person who has a gun (or tazer) pointed at you, while you are unarmed, you must roleplay being afraid of the gun.

Not a hard one to understand. What you did was loiter around there for a while, taunting him and breaking FearRP. When he decided to leave, you started insulting him, even with a pistol to your face. He then killed you (he got suspended as well).

Any evidence to post as why you should be unbanned?

I don't have any evidence, but can we at least agree to shorten the ban. It seems like the rule is more opinionated because I don't consider a tazer that scary, if he was holding a real gun like a pistol etc. that would be a different story. And is a taxer even considered a gun/weapon?

The rule says to role-play being scared of the gun, I role-play differently than most and show fear differently. I didn't break the first part of the rule which says you may not attack whilst a gun is pointed at you. However the second part of the rule is kind of controversial in that you may view showing fear differently than others.
Don't try to apply subjective opinions on this matter. This is a very simple rule, I'll show you the part which tells you to be afraid of the tazer:

Hope you can see it now. Note the enlarged text in bold.

I'd be bloody scared of 50,000 volts coursing through me body, causing my muscles to contract uncontrollably in a very painful and humiliating manner.

Nothing controversial about this.
Any closing remarks?
(05-19-2013, 08:12 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: Don't try to apply subjective opinions on this matter. This is a very simple rule, I'll show you the part which tells you to be afraid of the tazer:

Hope you can see it now. Note the enlarged text in bold.

I'd be bloody scared of 50,000 volts coursing through me body, causing my muscles to contract uncontrollably in a very painful and humiliating manner.

Nothing controversial about this.
Any closing remarks?

I will admit when I am wrong, sorry for wasting your time. Next time someone points a gun/knife/tazer at me I will act scared of it.

In the mean time could you shorten the ban, or is the standard ban time for breaking fear rp 3 days?
No. The ban stays due to your interpretation of the rules which was not only bnot obeying FearRP, but provoking him as well.

Denied.