Zykaz unban request
Your name: Zykaz

Your ban ID: 31850

Banned by: Grub

Reason: 'Hostaging in public, Hostaging as BMD'

Involved: BOT Matt + Grub

Why we should unban you: Gonna keep it short and cute. I was banned for doing wrong, I accept that. I just didn't understand that an underground group couldn't hostage members of the public even though they may have caused damage upon them.

Of course, as usual, I didn't get enough time to explain that I learn from my mistakes easier than being banned, which usually gets me enraged rather than learning right from wrong.

TL;DR: I understand that I was banned for breaking the rules, but I don't really think a ban was necessary considering I didn't know the rule up until that moment. Being taught the rule would mean it would never happen again.

P.S, I believe admins should be more lenient towards players if they clearly don't understand the rule and just allow them to acknowledge that there is a rule they have broken and let them learn from that mistake.
The consequence for a rule break is in the hands of the giving admin. If they feel it should be a ban then it should.
(05-18-2013, 12:13 AM)Fultzy Wrote: The consequence for a rule break is in the hands of the giving admin. If they feel it should be a ban then it should.

I feel that there shouldn't be. Isn't that the main point of an unban request?
The point of an unban request is if you were wrongfully banned. Read the rules in the important threads.
(05-19-2013, 01:02 AM)Fultzy Wrote: The point of an unban request is if you were wrongfully banned. Read the rules in the important threads.

And I feel as if I was.
Of course, as usual, I didn't get enough time to explain that I learn from my mistakes
You have 177hours, thats more than enough time to understand that BMD's cannot hostage people and that you can't hostage on the open streets.

Quoted directly from the rules:You may not hostage people in the streets, you may hostage people close outside your base, but only if you have a decent reason for it.

Also, just because someone rams your vehicle, it doesn't give you the right to open fire on them and attempt to kill them.

ban was necessary considering I didn't know the rule up until that moment.
You should of known the rule. Pure ignorance will not be accepted here.

P.S, I believe admins should be more lenient towards players if they clearly don't understand the rule and just allow them to acknowledge that there is a rule they have broken and let them learn from that mistake.

You have 177hours which means you have experience on this server and are no longer under the wing of being called a newer player to the Fearless Community. We, the admins, are quite lenient in situations but, there comes a point where one breaks too many rules and or should know the rule by a certain time. You have absolutely no reason to not understanding what I banned you for because when you join the server, there is the list of rules. Plus the rules are also listed on the website.

Denied.
[Image: grubsiggy.gif]
"A man must stand in the eyes of fear and march on to lead those who follow him to victory. Through these battles, a man will build himself a home, a place of refuge and happiness for those he cares about." - Grub