What has happened to server?
Your name: Wavie-Davie
Your ban ID: 29454
Banned by: [FL] Narcotic

Reason: Because I was member of mafia and tried to steal a police car.

Why we should unban you: Since when does every single person on server have to give reasons to admins? Mafia took hostage... admin over saying what is reason for taking hostage. Mafia tries to steal a car... admin why are you stealing a car?

Wtf has happened to server? Do admins have to go around asking every single person in the server why they do stuff now? What is point of having a police force to enforce the law if admins interupt every single piece of role play?

I just dont understand why every single person must explain their actions to admins now rather than letting police deal with it? Is all the role play from the server gone? Every single time I see a police incident the admins get involved and wisk them away. Happened 3 times since I joined the server with multiple people.

Is it a rule that every single action has to be told to the admins now? I'm so disappointed cause server was once fun. On the sorpranos if tony was taking a hostage, stealing a car or doing some sort of deal and some guy came up to him and said: why are you doing that? For what reason are you doing that? I wonder how well the sopranos would have done on TV. Am I wrong in saying this? Does every single action a person does on server now have to be told to admins? SHOCKING!?!?!

to give a bit more insight to the ban admin wisked me away after 3 other people already being questioned `why are you doing this'. So when he took me I tried to explain to him that I dont need to explain my actions, he said you do. You must explain why you do things?

HOW IS THAT ROLE PLAY? In real life do you go and explain why you do things before you do them and do you have to explain yourself for every action? NO YOU DONT. Why has the role play gone from the server and why is it so unrealistic that every action that people do on the server now has to be explained?

oh and to add the police had already tassed and cuffed me and were asking for my arrest. Because i refused to explain to admin why i was taking the car he wisked me away, asked me again, i went on further to try to explain that im in the mafia and i dont need to explain my actions. He then immediatly banned me for 24 hours.
In real life, you get shot with a single bullet, you will probably die (if it hits a vital spot). In real life, you walk before crossing the street. In real life, if you drive your car over 50mph and crash into a wall you will be tangled in a mass of steel and blood. In real life, you don't go around saying "Fuck the police" without any consequences. In real life, you can't pull an AK-47 out of your pocket.

Also, in real life, when you die it's game over, permanently.

Because this isn't real life, you are supposed to answer to the administrators when they ask you what you were doing.
(04-10-2013, 04:39 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: In real life, you get shot with a single bullet, you will probably die (if it hits a vital spot). In real life, you walk before crossing the street. In real life, if you drive your car over 50mph and crash into a wall you will be tangled in a mass of steel and blood. In real life, you don't go around saying "*** the police" without any consequences. In real life, you can't pull an AK-47 out of your pocket.

Also, in real life, when you die it's game over, permanently.

Because this isn't real life, you are supposed to answer to the administrators when they ask you what you were doing.

the admins ask every single person every action they do now. EVERY SINGLE ACTION. Come on thats over administrating the server!?!
These rules have always been there.
i agree the rules have been there and that has what has made these servers my favorite over the years. they are the only garrys mod servers i enjoy playing on. However people never once had to explain every action they do, that is definitely new. Admins fly around asking why do this, why do that, why are you doing this? Why not let the police ask those questions if they feel the need to? Everyone needing to explain every action they do is very very extreme admining. Surely you see my point of view if only slightly?

Narcotic, please dont feel this thread is directly solely at you. I am simply trying to explain that some of the admins are over policing the server. I wish for you not to feel any insult from my comments, no matter how upset I may appear in them.

I simply want the server admins to stop forcing everyone to explain all their actions and let the role play proceed with a bit more freedom.
I tried to explain the rule for you, but you constantly denied the fact that you need reasons for doing things likes those (as also stated in the rules, and have always been).

Therefore, I decided punishment was more than just.
When questioned by an admin, you will need to provide an explanation. This ban is valid and could have been prevented if you had been more cooperative with our staff.