Problem joining the v2d server for the first time
Hello! I saw the server on Garrys mod and thought it looked really cool! I really wanted to join in and try the server out! So I came to this site and downloaded all the stuff I need from the content packs on the post so that I would be able to play and now whenever I try to log into the v2d server it tries to install something graphs/evocity or something like that. And after a while my Gmod will just crash... Can anyone help me solve this problem?
Hopefully this will clear somethings up. When you join the server for the very first time you will have to download textures. I don't believe it is 'installing' but please clarify this upon reply. In addition, when it is downloading I recommend not tabbing in and out of Garry's Mod and also to not use Steam browser. I recommend the leaving it to download, this is because sometimes when connecting to a server it may crash Garry's Mod due to too much memory being used. This should stop the crashing.

I hope this helps, if still no avail just re-post here and I will see if I can help further.
Regards,
aviator
I was never using the steam browser and I didnt tab out. I've already downloaded everything but the first time I tried to join after downloading everything it said "Map not installed" so then I downloaded the stuff I need from this site and now when I try to join the server it tries to install something but it doesnt work and then my Gmod crashes
Have you moved the downloaded files into the correct Garry's Mod files? You need to move the v2d map into the file 'maps' or else it can't load the map. Double check and I will see if I can help further
Regards,
aviator