DeadDonkeys UB request.
Your name: sG | DeadDonkey [L2]

Your ban ID: Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:6210908 Ban ID: 12828

Banned by: [FL] Grub

Server: V2d

Involved: Me, Grub, Iamtree

Why we should unban you: Basically, Iamatree and I were banned for me 'randomly' killing Iamatree and 'metagaming' by talking to him using skype.

Now, I know iamatree IRL and this was his first time playing on the server. We'd been in that skype call for about 4 hours, hopping from game to game, as he had got many new source games in the steam sale and I was showing him around. I decided to show him the FL server, and first time he was playing it he got stuck in the wall upon spawning, and after fixing many other issues, we were tired of bugs. He couldnt just reconnect to the game because his disconnect button was blocked by another bug of some sort, where the RP menu blocked his pause menu. He asked me to kill him, so I quickly obliged.

Grub saw this, and from where he was standing, obviously it must have looked mingey, which is reasonable, and some admins would have banned on the spot for minging/RDM. But he took me up on the roof of a building, froze me, and tried to talk it out. I explained everything, then he asked Iamatree if this was true, who told him it was, then I he went afk, I believe to consult someone else about it, then timed out of the server. About half an hour later we were both suddenly banned.

I believe I should be unbanned because this is enforcement of rules in a vague, sideways manner without taking into account the reasoning behind the rules being in place, and not really using common sense. I don't believe I did anything wrong per se, I was just trying to show my friend the server for the first time and sort out his bugs, but now hes banned before he can even get started.
That still doesn't excuse the fact that you metagamed. Grub presented me this case last night, and before killing him, you also punched him a few times.

You broke the following rules:
-Metagamed on Skype, use the ingame chat system.
-RDM'ed him. It doesn't matter if he was glitched or not, you need an RP reason to kill someone, otherwise it's either backseat administrating or RDM.

Your friend:
-Metagamed also on Skype.
-Asked to be killed, which is against the rules.

This shows you clearly did not bother to at least skim through the rules when you joined, resulting in you two getting banned.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
Apologies in advance for a potentially long post.

Punches are hardly noteworthy, I was just getting his attention and seeing if it would unstick him, rather futilely.

When he told me he couldn't disconnect, and we were thinking of ideas, I was the first one to propose the plan of killing him, and he agreed. To have bothered the sole admin on the server shortly after a restart over something so small would only have served to annoy him. We were on skype, yes, but we most definitely were not metagaming, and he hadnt even been in the server long enough to read the rules, let alone get his grasp on them. He hardly deserved a ban. You could argue that I did, because the actual kill was, of course, breaking of rules.

To insist and argue that we were both metagaming and deserve bans partially or because of that is ridiculous, and brought about by assumption. I quote from the rule definition of meta "don't talk in OOC ( Out Of Character) while in IC (In Character)." Yet, you still claim I didn't even 'skim' the rules at any point in 10 or so months of on-and-off playing on this server.
We were metagaming about as much as people in OOC discussing skyrim can. To further claim that skype counts as an IC chat is expecting me to talk to my RL friend and neighbor as if I am a character in a gmod server the moment I get into the server and he is still connecting is preposterous. As a result, there is really no situation where you can say I was possibly metagaming. Nor was I even discussing anything RP or gameplay related.

Claiming I was backseat administering (and yes, thats the correct term), which, by default almost implies defiance of admins, and sounds very bad, is also petty and untrue. I made no attempt to influence an admins decision, or mete out justice, or sort out a problem which by default an admin must solve. I had been helping him troubleshoot the whole time, and this was simply an extension of that.

No one was hurt by any of it, no one had their game experience deteriorated, it affected no one but me and the person who only wanted help so he could try the server. Enacting 'justice' has no value to anyone in this situation. No one has been wronged, or righted.

You can still argue that killing is killing, yes, but it's just being so unbelievably petty. But of course, now that you aided Grub in making the choice, you will probably feel as if you should defend his actions, but hey, I don't know anything about you as an admin apart from these forums, and thats usually things like bans, admin complaints and the like, so it would be very unfair to judge someone solely off of the negative parts of their responsibilities, so I'm not going to make any assumptions about how you will treat this - that would be unfair.

You and I both know that far worse things happen every 45 seconds on the server, and this has only been escalated by pettiness and pride on the part of everyone involved, I feel.
He couldn't disconnect? You have got to be kidding me.

CTRL + ALT + DELETE and kill the process from the Task Manager. I don't really care if he was really stuck or not, you should NOT have killed him in a first place, rather ask an Administrator for help.

Metagaming also includes using any 3rd party software including Steam Chat to agree on actions that affect the gameplay.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
A few punches..

It went like this

Two Punches, The gun dealer sprints away
~Comes Back~
Throws another punch runs away
~Comes back~
Back stabs the guy and then sprints away as fast as he possibly can...

I presented the case to Ruxandra because apparently you thought no other admin would of warned/banned you...

* When I asked how about Killjoy you simply said he's far to strict...
So I simply asked Ruxandra...
[Image: grubsiggy.gif]
"A man must stand in the eyes of fear and march on to lead those who follow him to victory. Through these battles, a man will build himself a home, a place of refuge and happiness for those he cares about." - Grub
* Killjoy chuckles.

Oh also,
Quote:far worse things happen every 45 seconds on the server
That's because punchwhoring and RDM'ing your friends gives other people the idea that this is okay, so they go punch or shank some people down the road for the laughs.

You can't really bring the argument "no-one was wronged" - our rules and public order was. You seem like a fairly understanding person, so you should see what I mean by that.
I might as well become a DA here and prosecute rulebreakers on the behalf of 'The People.'
Denied.
[Image: grubsiggy.gif]
"A man must stand in the eyes of fear and march on to lead those who follow him to victory. Through these battles, a man will build himself a home, a place of refuge and happiness for those he cares about." - Grub