Toolgun Glitch - Lightning
My name is Lightning

Ban #: 12238

Banned by: ruxandra

Servers banned from : V33x and V2d

Involved: Me, and Speedboy.

Why i should be unbanned (or ban shortened):
As far as i am aware, I did no hack or glitch I was aware of. it started off small, me as the president, trying to build a fancy looking baracade, when a SS got in the way and changed colour. I thought it was something the president could do as he is the boss of the SS and Police. I experimented further, and changed a rebel to a Stone man. I was quite surprised and thought that the whole thing was something the admins put in. So we had about 4 minutes of people zapping each other, the entire server pretty much did it. Then i realized that if this was a glitch, i would be banned for it, so i started to attempt to remove the paint works, which were quickly reapplied by other toolguns. I decided the best i could do was to step down as president, and clean my SS up. I think the glitch occurred due to my client being at a higher version, since an update for Garry's Mod was just 15 minutes before the incident, and i had connection issues. I take full responsibility for the starting of the incident, but i deny forcing the glitch or hacking the game. Anyone could have started this, and i find it slightly unfair how i found it, and being new to the server (under 15 hour playing time) I doubt I have any real awareness of bug reporting and glitch reporting. There is (as far as I am aware) no report bugs here: www.fearlessrp.net/bugreport in the game 10 minute messages, making it hard for me to know where to report the glitch in the first place.

I apologize for making this such a hassle for you all, but I really love the server and i wish to continue playing it!

Lightning
I forgot to add this in my previous post,

My steam ID is: STEAM_0:1:5260675
Video showed you switching through materials, not removing them.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
hard to know how to report?
well you come too the website .. its a forum .. you look at the areas, oh there is the bugs 1
who would try too guess a url?
I agree with Ruxandra, I never saw you trying to turn people back to normal.

I was the one making the ban request on you two, I clearly saw both of you, especially you, changing material and color of all your SS and citizens at the parking lot. Why did you even go out of your office? To change more people because you thought it was fun?
(07-13-2012, 12:55 PM)KethDenja Wrote: I agree with Ruxandra, I never saw you trying to turn people back to normal.

I was the one making the ban request on you two, I clearly saw both of you, especially you, changing material and color of all your SS and citizens at the parking lot. Why did you even go out of your office? To change more people because you thought it was fun?

I didn't go out to have "Fun" I went to see as I said in the unban request i was trying to see if it was President only, which it wasn't. My riling made it public, and then made more people do it. Using the logic of me turning them to solid textures, why isn't Discord banned? He said himself he was changing to more solid colours... Anyway, after the riling the SS still rp'd well, so i looked on Google how to reset textures, and changed them both back. If you didn't see them as solid figures, someone else changed them

(Out of reply: How long is the ban, and is the toolgun glitch fixed?)

(07-13-2012, 08:33 AM)Ruxandra Wrote: Video showed you switching through materials, not removing them.

IF you look closely at the video, I am not ONCE shown in it. I am not shown switching through them, I am not even shown removing/applying them, Notice how only Speedboy and Discord are shown with names even though I "supposedly" was firing my on colour shots. Surely they would have been heard, and investigated?
(07-13-2012, 09:09 AM)Temar Wrote: hard to know how to report?
well you come too the website .. its a forum .. you look at the areas, oh there is the bugs 1
who would try too guess a url?

This part I cannot deny, but i didn't really know what the site was until the ban message said "Kicked by console: Reason at fearlessrp.com". I went on, spent 10-15 minutes creating an account and finding my ban in the Bans section. Then i looked at the ban request cases, then filed my unban request.
You did absolutely nothing to undo the material glitch on the players.

Unban request Denied.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.