Fearless Forums
Gamemode TTT Server - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: CityRP Server (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Forum: Declined (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Gamemode TTT Server (/showthread.php?tid=100263)

Pages: 1 2

TTT Server - dig - 11-02-2022

Title of Suggestion: TTT Server

Description
Title of Suggestion: TTT/Prison Break/Death Run Server 

Description
The addition of a new server with a different game mode, either TTT prison break or death run...

Why?
Why?

It has often been mentioned that FL lacks the ability to attract new players, this might be because CityRP as a whole has become less popular or it is simply harder to find the FL server without having known about it beforehand. So to remedy this I'm recommending the addition of a 'side' server to funnel new players into the community, who then might take interest in the City RP servers. TTT and the other gamemodes I mentioned have always been simple staple gamemodes of Garrysmod. Furthermore younger people might sooner take interest in playing TTT / Death Run than a CityRP server, but if they enjoy the TTT server they may make an account on the forums and eventually join the CityRP server. When someone stumbles across the FL server they join, realize they have to download 11 gigs of content and lose interest because they know nothing about FL, but if there were a seperate server where they could hear about the City RP servers they might be more inclined to wait and download everything. The TTT server could be used to advertise the CityRP server, letting players know ingame that we have a CityRP server and the download is worth the wait. It would also be good if members of the community tried to populate the TTT server for a while to get the motor running. I also heard that FL once had a TTT server but apparently it was never listed on the forums, why not? I am also suggesting Prison Break or Deathrun because again these are staple gamemodes of Garrysmod, they have quick download times ( without a lot of anime model content ) and tend to be fun and entertaining. The first server I ever joined on Garrysmod was a jail break server.

EDIT: I should note that placing the server on the fearless website so as to not detract from the main CityRP servers. The main idea is to advertise the CityRP servers through a side server. Finding random people on Gmod and inviting them to the CityRP. Just using the side server as a billboard while having a bit of fun at the same time. ( granted i've forgotten how to TTT )

RE: TTT Server - L Y N C H Y - 11-02-2022

Deathmatch server with all the old stuff on, CityRP for all the "new and improved" shite ?

RE: TTT Server - Rossi - 11-02-2022

A prison break idea sounds fun, but maybe later on since all the attention should be centered on the current game mode.

RE: TTT Server - Nadrickk - 11-02-2022

Good way to get new members, as theyre quite popular. good way to attract new players to the Fearless community. However, soon someone will post here to shoot down the idea without any alternatives.

RE: TTT Server - Nacreas - 11-02-2022

+Support.

Would be awesome to see a TTT server with player models from CityRP.

RE: TTT Server - Yonno - 11-03-2022

+support

RE: TTT Server - JT2017 - 11-04-2022

+Support

RE: TTT Server - Pollux - 11-04-2022

We were talking internally about potentially doing small servers like this, but it really comes down to if we can do it while also focusing on the cityrp server. We'll discuss this more in our meeting later this week, however, it'll come down to if we're confident we're able to do something like this without distracting from our cityrp effort.

If anyone does have suggestions for what we could do feel free to mention it here and we'll see if we can - it doesn't have to be gmod. The ideal thing would be something low maintenance without much administration involved, as that way we can ensure it won't take away any effort from cityrp.

RE: TTT Server - dig - 11-04-2022

(11-04-2022, 05:29 AM)Pollux Wrote: We were talking internally about potentially doing small servers like this, but it really comes down to if we can do it while also focusing on the cityrp server. We'll discuss this more in our meeting later this week, however, it'll come down to if we're confident we're able to do something like this without distracting from our cityrp effort.

If anyone does have suggestions for what we could do feel free to mention it here and we'll see if we can - it doesn't have to be gmod. The ideal thing would be something low maintenance without much administration involved, as that way we can ensure it won't take away any effort from cityrp.

For this reason I put an edit in the OP that I don't think it should be listed with the other CityRP servers with a connect button, just maybe a forum post letting people know that it exists so as to not detract attention from the primary servers. Overall the goal is to garner interest in the community from random Gmod players who have never heard of FL, and to advertise the CityRP servers and hopefully entice them to join and wait out the download, having already interacted with some FL community members. As for delegating time and effort to an additional server, TTT is a very basic gamemode and I would assume to my knowledge that updates would not be necessary, but I would recommend a base gamemode TTT without any useless addons; I have joined many servers with so much random unnecessary content that the download took longer than FL and it still lagged when I finally joined.

RE: TTT Server - Pollux - 11-04-2022

(11-04-2022, 08:46 AM)dig Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 05:29 AM)Pollux Wrote: We were talking internally about potentially doing small servers like this, but it really comes down to if we can do it while also focusing on the cityrp server. We'll discuss this more in our meeting later this week, however, it'll come down to if we're confident we're able to do something like this without distracting from our cityrp effort.

For this reason I put an edit in the OP that I don't think it should be listed with the other CityRP servers with a connect button, just maybe a forum post letting people know that it exists so as to not detract attention from the primary servers. Overall the goal is to garner interest in the community from random Gmod players who have never heard of FL, and to advertise the CityRP servers and hopefully entice them to join and wait out the download, having already interacted with some FL community members. As for delegating time and effort to an additional server, TTT is a very basic gamemode and I would assume to my knowledge that updates would not be necessary, but I would recommend a base gamemode TTT without any useless addons; I have joined many servers with so much random unnecessary content that the download took longer than FL and it still lagged when I finally joined.

I don't think we can really get away with doing the bare minimum though, especially in a gamemode space like TTT which has a lot of competition. The goal of any secondary server should be to gain additional players who wouldn't have otherwise found the community, and for that it has to be a decent server. Like sure we could easily throw up a base TTT server, but that won't attract anyone apart from those who already are on FL as nothing would set us apart from all the other servers out there. My main concern with any additional server is it taking away time or effort that could otherwise be put into the cityrp server, especially when it comes to development time.

I don't personally think a TTT server would be ideal just because of how much competition there is now, but other gamemodes or even games could work. I feel like it'd have to be short temporary stuff though rather than a permanent new thing.