Lewwings
(05-08-2021, 12:09 AM)Link Wrote: - Snip -
Quote:This was a last resort, and was superseded by multiple verbal warnings; every attempt was made by my part to resolve the situation in a passive manner.

In my recording you say "Please exit the store", and after waiting 7 seconds or so you pull out a shotgun at which point my friend flees.

Where's the multiple verbal warnings and the passive manner attempted?

This is in reference to the whole situation, raid one and two; I concretely remember asking multiple times and giving them (the perpetrators) multiple warnings to leave, only for them to either not listen, or run back, hide, and return.

If I was more hasty in the second situation, this would have been because, after the first situation ended, it was clear to them that the behaviour was not accepted.

I'm sure I gave more than one warning the second time though, so perhaps your recording is incomplete.

Quote:If the police actually reached out to me via pms, I would have obliged to unlock the door as it was a passive dupe, I was not basing, and had nothing to hide. However, no attempt was made by the police to contact myself to open up.

They attempted to contact you by yelling at you from outside. You did not do anything from what I recall.

Your footage shows the first call from the police at 21 seconds, and I unlock the door and walk out at 34 seconds; in my opinion, not a neglectful timeframe.

I believe this was the first time I realised I was being raided, and would have happily obliged sooner if they used a more robust means of communication.

Quote:In regards to Lewwings' response, I personally feel it was completely justified.

By the time the police got there, the situation was already over,

By the time the police raid started, it was already over?

Yes, I believe the perpetrators were out of the building and my gun was holstered by the time the police arrived. I was aware of some police presence outside, but I had no idea it was on my account.

Quote:the police officer confirms that they know that no gun laws had been broken.

You mean the officer that then initiates the actual raid, and who was also informed after that we had guns pointed at us?

Not sure why you would assume he was completely aware of the situation, and also not sure why you'd ignore that he was the one trying to go doorbusting.

If you're confirming that the same officer who confirmed no gun laws had been broken (8 seconds "it's not open carry if he's inside his house") initiated the actual raid, then I would assume he was completely aware of the situation as he took a leading role in the first raid and was there when I was cleared, and at 8 seconds advises the rest of the officers that no gun laws had been broken. I am not aware of any accusations that were made in this second instance which differed from the first situation.

Other than the raid being an unnecessary occurrence, assuming you're right in that he was leading the raid due to perma law 9, the raid was unjust, as he confirms verbally that it had not been broken.

The only other perma law that they could have potentially raided for at a stretch (other than gun possession, which he confirms is a non issue) was perma law 10, "Do not seriously endanger the lives of others through assault".

If you are correct in saying he was leading the raid and wasn't aware of the situation, then they couldn't raid as per rule 6.7, as they did not have a search warrant.

[Image: TSLGnIh.png]

They needed a warrant as no officer lives were at risk, they knew I did not have any hostages (confirmed by the police raiding the property without asking me for my demands, and I did not put out an advert or communicate I had a hostage), and I could not retreat into a building I was in when the incident took place.

If he was completely aware of the situation, then he would have known that no one had been assaulted, so the raid was invalid.

So, to add to the reason that it was disrupting in the RP, from what you suggest, in all scenarios, the forcible entry at the point of recording was invalid.

I don't have enough information on the full accusations that were made to suggest which scenario this raid took, but in every situation, given the man you confirm was leading the raid actually was, there were no grounds to raid in the capacity attempted.

Edit: Someone keeps repeating 'he pointed a gun at us', which suggests they're not raiding for perma law 10, but perma law 9, which I've already mentioned is invalid.

In the first instance, I willingly gave myself up outside, so a search warrant wasn't required.

Quote:I feel a second raid would have been a pointless exercise, and would not have happened if certain players were more considerate, and not trying to ruin the roleplay.

Sounds to me like you were trying to get out of an RP scenario here?

As I said in the OP, I'm not speaking for Lewwings, this is just my personal opinion. I didn't really care either way if I got searched again or not, it just would have messily disrupted the RP unnecessarily again, and, as per my point above, I feel the raid was invalid; we'll have to await Lewwings' response. However, from my experience, it's not unheard of for admins to intervene in passiveRPs being disrupted.

I think we also have to keep in mind that this is a semi-serious roleplay server.

Many thanks,
Link

Messages In This Thread
Lewwings - by Cygnus - 05-07-2021, 10:28 PM
RE: Lewwings - by Blaz - 05-07-2021, 11:05 PM
RE: Lewwings - by Cygnus - 05-07-2021, 11:24 PM
RE: Lewwings - by Blaz - 05-07-2021, 11:41 PM
RE: Lewwings - by Cygnus - 05-08-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: Lewwings - by Link - 05-08-2021, 12:09 AM
RE: Lewwings - by Cygnus - 05-08-2021, 12:25 AM
RE: Lewwings - by Link - 05-08-2021, 04:31 PM
RE: Lewwings - by Lewwings - 05-08-2021, 08:23 PM