Add CS:GO props
(02-19-2021, 09:36 AM)Molyneux481 Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 09:11 AM)Haarek Wrote: Because not everyone has CSGO mounted in their game.
You are excluding a big part of potential players with enabling there to be errors everywhere; unplayable/unenjoyable server.

This is also a small problem at the moment with CS:S and it shouldn't be made any worse.

I mean just mount CSGO it's not hard. I honestly doubt its a small problem at the moment. Most servers require CSGO, so majority of people will already have it installed.

To mount CSGO you have to have it installed on your computer - it simply isn't a good argument to imply every new player who joins FL has CSGO mounted and installed. We should focus on player retention, enabling errors in the gamemode is not a way to do that.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(02-19-2021, 09:11 AM)Haarek Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 12:16 AM)Kingstone Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 09:40 PM)Haarek Wrote: -support

But why?
Because not everyone has CSGO mounted in their game.
You are excluding a big part of potential players with enabling there to be errors everywhere; unplayable/unenjoyable server.

This is also a small problem at the moment with CS:S and it shouldn't be made any worse.

OK so lets just remove CSS and EP2 content while we're at it because most players won't have that content and we'll be excluding them???

CS:GO is literally F2P and only like a few GB, most people I know that play FL have it installed on their PC anyway. You'll be excluding a lot less people adding CS:GO props than with these other games.

Not trying to start a flame war, just trying to convey how content from other games is just the accepted meta with GMOD.
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
Approved.

Thank you for the suggestion, we'll look into mounting CSGO content onto the server.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Reopened to allow further discussion.
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
(02-19-2021, 11:07 AM)jhayw Wrote: OK so lets just remove CSS and EP2 content while we're at it because most players won't have that content and we'll be excluding them???

CS:GO is literally F2P and only like a few GB, most people I know that play FL have it installed on their PC anyway. You'll be excluding a lot less people adding CS:GO props than with these other games.

Not trying to start a flame war, just trying to convey how content from other games is just the accepted meta with GMOD.

Your assumption that every player that joins has CS:GO content is simply false. They don't.
Ideally you wouldn't want to add any game that needs mounting and rather add it to the downloadable content - as having errors present it the game mode deters player retention.

Quote:OK so lets just remove CSS and EP2 content while we're at it because most players won't have that content and we'll be excluding them???
What's your point here? My position is that adding more content that needs mounting is not beneficial to player retention. Removing CS:S and Hl2 content could certainly help player retention - but this discussion is about adding additional content. Your appeal to extremes here doesn't invalidate my point.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
I seriously don't get the fuss over this, if someone doesn't own CSGO I'd bet they don't own CSS and the half life episodes too. They can just install csgo while they're getting the rest of the content or also just get the csgo content addon alongside the rest of them.

That being said, CSGO is literally one of the most played games on steam and one person has an issue with it?
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Literally doesn’t need “further discussion”

it’s a clear majority

we have games like half life ep 1 & 2 and css which you have to pay for yet a literally FREE game is such a fuss
Ryannnnnn
Fearless Full-Time Roleplayer

[Image: qVdVN2yh.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Ryan's post:
  • Molyneux481
(02-20-2021, 01:51 PM)Ryan Wrote: Literally doesn’t need “further discussion”

it’s a clear majority

we have games like half life ep 1 & 2 and css which you have to pay for yet a literally FREE game is such a fuss

Not to mention that if someone doesn't own CSGO they probably also won't have CSS or HL episodes. They can just get CSGO content while they're getting the rest. We can also look into readding the thing that replaces errors with rough outlines of a prop.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
While I can see the arguments being made against this over how player retention could be harmed, I doubt it considering most players simply ask how and where they can get the content. Furthermore, the benefits outweigh the negatives in terms of the dynamic builds that can be made with these new props.

+Support.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

I literally had a guy who asked me about content because he couldn't see the furnace model, I asked him about CSS content and he said he had it installed. Did some further digging into the guy's situation and he turned out he had CS:GO, not CSS. As I've said before, you're excluding more people with having CSS and EP2 content on the server, but ohhhhh no we cant remove them! Besides, as previously stated me and a number of other individuals, the game is FREE ON STEAM and only about 15gb, pretty small by modern game standards.
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
The following 1 user Likes jhayw's post:
  • Molyneux481