Poll: kev
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bring back old system
53.52%
38 53.52%
Keep current system
9.86%
7 9.86%
Modify current system
36.62%
26 36.62%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[VOTE] KEVLAR
(01-25-2021, 11:13 AM)Kingstone Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 08:47 AM)Mr. Mackey Wrote: 17 voters for modifying the kevlar but not one proper suggestion?

Here's what I think is the most ideal solution:

50% kevlar, one time use when equipped (like before). Is however dropped on death and can be picked up, where scrap metal can be mined to repair.

This embeds the gameplay aspect of Kevlar but also retains the function to fix and mine it for scrap metal. Any better suggestions??????

Can you elaborate on what this means?

On what in particular ?
(01-25-2021, 11:38 AM)Mr. Mackey Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 08:47 AM)Mr. Mackey Wrote: 17 voters for modifying the kevlar but not one proper suggestion?

50% kevlar, one time use when equipped (like before). Is however dropped on death and can be picked up, where scrap metal can be mined to repair.

This embeds the gameplay aspect of Kevlar but also retains the function to fix and mine it for scrap metal. Any better suggestions??????

On what in particular ?

I didn't understand what  you mean with 50% kevlar, one time use when equipped (like before). Is however dropped on death and can be picked up, where scrap metal can be mined to repair. can be picked up, where scrap metal can be mined to repair.
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
(01-25-2021, 11:52 AM)Kingstone Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 11:38 AM)Mr. Mackey Wrote:

On what in particular ?

I didn't understand what  you mean with 50% kevlar, one time use when equipped (like before). Is however dropped on death and can be picked up, where scrap metal can be mined to repair. can be picked up, where scrap metal can be mined to repair.

Ok so it's basically the old kevlar. This means that when Kevlar equipped you take 50% less damage, exactly the same as the previous kevlar. Upon death, your kevlar will drop, which can be repaired with scrap metal(like with the present kevlar on the server). 

Me personally, I'm happy with a straight revert but I know people want to see it modified. I think this is the best direction forward for the Kevlar, as it has the best gameplay and also creates incentives for players to mine. It also means that players won't be mining all day just to get 5 kevlar back. Just read my previous comments I've basically already wrote this
I feel like its one of those dramatic changes that take a while to get use to. Personally I'm not too fussed by the ordeal, however I can understand the need for the change. Kevlar does eventually 'stop' working so to speak, if you fill something with enough bullets its going to break however bullet resistant it may be. However it is a massive change to what people are use to with aggressiveRP, similarly to the guns. Once again goes back to the skill level clearly. The old systems promoted 0 skill and was just shoot people and medkit spam while charging down a corridor, the new systems are much more tactically pleasing. No longer can you just charge down a corridor with your invincible kevlar and medkit spam until you inevitably win.

In my honest opinion I can see why people are upset, but the new systems to me are by definition making aggressive roleplay actually roleplay...
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 2 users Like Joe Joe's post:
  • Pollux, Dez
(01-25-2021, 05:02 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: I feel like its one of those dramatic changes that take a while to get use to. Personally I'm not too fussed by the ordeal, however I can understand the need for the change. Kevlar does eventually 'stop' working so to speak, if you fill something with enough bullets its going to break however bullet resistant it may be. However it is a massive change to what people are use to with aggressiveRP, similarly to the guns. Once again goes back to the skill level clearly. The old systems promoted 0 skill and was just shoot people and medkit spam while charging down a corridor, the new systems are much more tactically pleasing. No longer can you just charge down a corridor with your invincible kevlar and medkit spam until you inevitably win.

In my honest opinion I can see why people are upset, but the new systems to me are by definition making aggressive roleplay actually roleplay...

have you used it yet? i'm guessing not. this new system is for players with 0 skill, the old system you needed skill. also how does this new system make it actually RP????
(01-25-2021, 05:24 PM)Mr. Mackey Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 05:02 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: I feel like its one of those dramatic changes that take a while to get use to. Personally I'm not too fussed by the ordeal, however I can understand the need for the change. Kevlar does eventually 'stop' working so to speak, if you fill something with enough bullets its going to break however bullet resistant it may be. However it is a massive change to what people are use to with aggressiveRP, similarly to the guns. Once again goes back to the skill level clearly. The old systems promoted 0 skill and was just shoot people and medkit spam while charging down a corridor, the new systems are much more tactically pleasing. No longer can you just charge down a corridor with your invincible kevlar and medkit spam until you inevitably win.

have you used it yet? i'm guessing not. this new system is for players with 0 skill, the old system you needed skill. also how does this new system make it actually RP????

I get not liking it, but no one can say the other system needed "more skill" considering it was put on and forget about it while this new system adds a new mechanic.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(01-25-2021, 07:06 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 05:24 PM)Mr. Mackey Wrote:

I get not liking it, but no one can say the other system needed "more skill" considering it was put on and forget about it while this new system adds a new mechanic.

Previous system you were lucky to get a kill. All you could do was hide in your SWAT van/riot shield.
Now with this new system you're able to kill one/two people a week. Quite obvious skill has been thrown out the window.
The following 1 user Likes Jimmy The's post:
  • EAGLE:)
Once again, I haven’t played it or tested it so I may be wrong. But...

To me it sounds like people are upset that they have to be more strategic and realistic when it comes to gun fights. I think it sounds quite cool actually as it allows those we aren’t the best at PVP actually have a chance or maybe you have to think more in depth about how the whole situation is going to go down. All in all sounds more involving and could easily be improved
The following 1 user Likes Rossi's post:
  • Dez
Can't see how people are complaining about the new system in being no skill when kevlar doesn't require skill. It will make players change up the play style instead of running in there spamming their medkit bind and being unrealistic about gunfights. You wouldn't do this if it was a real gunfight so I think it's good that the kevlar changed. I know the kevlar takes 10 seconds to equip and maybe they should change it to 5 seconds. I completely disagree with anyone that says this new system is no skill because kevlar isn't what you need skill with, it's all about how your play style & gun skill is.

Just seems like that you want this gamemode to be Call Of Duty instead of CityRP. (Just saying, if things stayed the same forever the server would probably die out or people would just complain about everything being outdated).
[Image: 9nCMpHc.png]
The following 1 user Likes Dez's post:
  • Rossi
(01-26-2021, 04:39 AM)Rossi Wrote: Once again, I haven’t played it or tested it so I may be wrong. But...

To me it sounds like people are upset that they have to be more strategic and realistic when it comes to gun fights. I think it sounds quite cool actually as it allows those we aren’t the best at PVP actually have a chance or maybe you have to think more in depth about how the whole situation is going to go down. All in all sounds more involving and could easily be improved

I’m very confused, how are you forming an opinion that people are upset when you haven’t actually played the server and gave it a go. Sounds to me like your kind of fishing for attention.