Where is FL lacking
(01-19-2021, 06:56 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 06:53 PM)JoshZ Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 06:48 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 06:41 PM)JoshZ Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 06:39 PM)Pollux Wrote: They're not and have never been, when has FL ever been known for its updates or gamemode? It hasn't because FL has always been behind in that regard. It's what players do on FL which makes it what it is, we can just supplement that with updates but we can't replace it. Events are a good example, the server was full with a queue during the recent prison event as that was something players were doing. If you believe updates are the solution you're just setting yourself up for disappointment and something you'll never be happy with.

you live way to much in the past. you think this community is big, when it really isn't anymore. people aren't pulled in by events. they might come on for a little bit to enjoy themselves whilst it's happening but it's about keeping that playerbase after. the fact that there is nothing new when they come back disappoints them. the same server and it's been that way for 7 years.

You're basing this off your own experience, the server population has been extremely good lately and would suggest things are going mostly fine even without any updates. You say players aren't pulled in by events yet we hit max players and a queue with one that people seemed to have enjoyed. It feels like there is a disconnect between players who actively play and those complaining on the forums, as we've obviously doing something right but this thread would make it seem otherwise. There's not much we can do to try keep a gamemode that players have thousands of hours in fresh, it's up to players to craft unique experiences and for some to take initiative in doing so.

read my message before you reply, i said you have people for the event but then don't keep the population.

Server population has actually been quite good recently, this thread wasn't created over server population so I don't get why that's a point of yours.

[Image: unknown.png]

I would say that's fine considering we (team) haven't done anything, stuff going on has been player driven.

mad how that is your standards, assuming divey put that in place.
No one is saying FL is doing bad. This thread is about making FL better. Can u now change the fucking guns ??
V5p was much better, theres litterly no other people saying this map is good other than devs themselves, change to v5p again
[Image: gn3iiwj]
(01-19-2021, 07:56 PM)Julern Wrote: V5p was much better, theres litterly no other people saying this map is good other than devs themselves, change to v5p again

We have no plans to change the map for reasons I stated earlier, the map really isn't the issue anyway and the map we have now was edited to suit FLs needs.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(01-19-2021, 08:00 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 07:56 PM)Julern Wrote: V5p was much better, theres litterly no other people saying this map is good other than devs themselves, change to v5p again

We have no plans to change the map for reasons I stated earlier, the map really isn't the issue anyway and the map we have now was edited to suit FLs needs.
of course it is the map that is the issue and it doesnt fit FL at all
[Image: gn3iiwj]
(01-19-2021, 08:13 PM)Julern Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 08:00 PM)Pollux Wrote:

of course it is the map that is the issue and it doesnt fit FL at all

No matter what map is picked people complain

-Removed by Steven8ken
The following 4 users Like Dragnort_'s post:
  • Pollux, Molyneux481, max., Marty
I think certain areas could be improved now and then. For example, doing government and criminal updates, adding new cars for the police force or updating them. Majority of the vehicles and systems have been around for years. Its nice to spice things up for the players who have 1000 hours+. That's something I'd like to see.

Also more mini events at night. Just something that players can have fun and have a laugh.

The following 2 users Like Molyneux481's post:
  • Lewwings, max.
i disagree with the map situation but a update would be nice. also what happened to that new incredible map which was being built?
you will never please everyone with the map. me and the boomer buddies will stan v2d, people from 2015 onwards usually simp v33x/v41b and then more recently people seem to like v2p/v5p as well. sanranevo is cool, but personally I don’t think it works all that great with cityrp. i’d give it a 6/10 on most days but since i can’t get on the ferris wheel still, that takes it down to a 2/10.

consistency of updates isn’t really anything new. i don’t blame the devs for not wanting to constantly add shit when it’s for $0. updates only really started to become a focus in 2015 when things began to start drying up.

i do think manner of deployment in regards to updates is an issue though. if you’re adding something new, sure, just go for it. but if it’s changing an already well-established mechanic, it needs vigorous testing, otherwise you end up with this scenario with the weapon and kevlar (and vehicles grr pollux arny cartoon tiddy crew). i know tomo (bless his heart i love him x) did his best to get people testing the new weapons beforehand to try and make everyone happy, but in hindsight it wasn’t a very effective process. having people battle in a 1v1 arena is not a sufficient simulation of how cityrp combat plays out most of the time. imo there should be a period of ‘live’ server testing for a week or so where you can properly gauge how people react and adapt to changes such as these.

it’s a tricky one generally though, there’s no simple answer in ‘fixing’ FL. the server is only as good as the community that decides to play it. there’s days when there could only be like 30 people on, but you’ll have a blast with all those people engaging and it’ll feel like “ye ole days”. other times, it could be up to around 60 but everyone will be cooped up in their own buildings and the server will feel like an abandoned wasteland. idk.
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 4 users Like Zecon's post:
  • Ludo, Pollux, max., Steven8ken
(01-19-2021, 09:47 PM)JoshZ Wrote: i disagree with the map situation but a update would be nice. also what happened to that new incredible map which was being built?

Maps take a while to make, especially with how much has been requested. That's a long term project which is being done externally. Progress is going good though, myself and Divey have been checking out draft versions of the city.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork