A Pickle for the Knowing Ones (serious)
Quote:Pollux

You're forgetting that someone who wasn't there at the situation can't handle it, which generally leaves just the banning admin. You can't get a second admin opinion as they weren't there, they won't understand the entire situation. That's why proof is essential to UBRs, I'm sure if you had proof you didn't break the rules or showing it was a misunderstanding then it would be lifted. It's not a perfect system but I can't think of anything better.

Pullux! Thank you for your reply also!

I understand your point but the whole reason player reports are made is because admins were not there to deal with it when it happened! All admins can read the PR made and make an opinion on it and the excuse that only the original admin is informed enough to form an opinion on a PR is frankly ridiculous!

Yes this post may have been motivated by recent events that concern my dear friend Moomin and his unfair denial (unban moomin) but it reveals a deeper problem within the current system for dealing with unban requests!

It's a shame because it is such a simple problem to solve too! Wait for all evidence and points to be made from all parties, then have a different admin review the points etc. and make a decision, even better would be a trio of admins that all vote on a decision instead, further removing any potential for bias!

edit (i'm not accusing Steven8ken of abusing or trying to hide anything but am angry at the system in general)
[Image: fc5d486605e9927d1db6571ea04f89bf.png]

Messages In This Thread
A Pickle for the Knowing Ones (serious) - by Fry - 12-18-2020, 06:56 PM
RE: A Pickle for the Knowing Ones (serious) - by Fry - 12-18-2020, 08:12 PM