[Guide] How To: Hostage Negotiator
(Off topic note: This will be my last "Advanced" Guide in the Police Series)

[Image: np485t.jpg]Hostage Negotiator Guide.[Image: np485t.jpg]

" Talk to Me "

In this Guide you will learn:
Basic Principals of Hostage Negotiation. (Included)
Crisis Management Issues. (Yet to be Added)
Suicide Prevention. (Yet to be Added)
Kidnapping Assistance. (Yet to be Added)

Taking the leap into Hostage Negotiations

Ok, First things first, Lets get you Keyed in and Clued up... Here are some Steps to setting yourself up IC into a "Hostage Negotiator"

Step 1) Go Unemployed and change your job title to "Hostage Negotiator" (Don a suit if you own one)
Step 2) PM the President and state that you are available if a hostage negotiator is needed.
Step 3) DO NOT Arm yourself - This step is crucial, Chances are if you are called - You will be tied up so you don't want to loose your weapons or pose a threat.

Chapter I - Basic Principals of Hostage Negotiation

Scenario 1) "I have a hostage, i'll kill them if you dont meet my demands"

Stage 1 - Taking Control.

Step 1) Establish a Control Center, Close to the Crime scene, and round all Available forces into this. Police, SS, Paramedics, Firemen.. Hell, Even the President if you have to!

Step 2) Get full details on the Suspect: His name, His address, What car he drives, Does he have family?, What job does he do? - Basic Info that will aid you when you talk to him.

Step 3) Get full details on the Situation: How many people does he have?, What Weapon does he have?, What are his demands? Is it realistic to meet those Demands? Threat or Risk level?

Stage 2 - Securing the Situation.

Step 1) Get some Officers to Cone of the Area and set up some RT Cameras (Place the Monitors in the Control Center) (Get these officers protected by SS with Shields)

Step 2) Get the President to Broadcast that that part of the city is closed and anyone attempting to enter it will be arrested.

Step 3) Inform the Officers that you will be starting Negotiations soon and to secure a Location where you and the suspect and Communicate.

Stage 3 - Creating Communication.

Step 1) Attempt to talk to him from the Secure perimeter (Using /y). If this Fails, Give him a Call on the Number that the Police provide (/PM)

Step 2) Once Communication has been made - State this:

"Sir! I am <Name here> From the Hostage Negotiation Team, I'm here to see if we can resolve this peacefully or come to some kind of arrangement"

Step 2.5) If he does not Trust you - Get a Police Officers to handcuff you and then state:

"Sir! I am now Handcuffed! Is it ok if i come inside and talk to you?"

Stage 4 - Beginning Negotiations (From the Outside)

Step 1) If he is Compliant and Begins to Negotiate - Begin to Establish his Demands and Why he wants them.

Step 2) Speak to the President and see if his Demands can get met.

Step 2.5) If the President Agree's the Hostage Takers demands, Approach him and hand him the money (/givemoney) or Items.

Step 2.5.5) If the President Disagree's, Go back to Step 1). In Event of a Communications Break down, Consult the Last Chapter.

Stage 4 - Beginning Negotiations (From the Inside)

Step 1) Establish the Area you are in and the Escape routes shout you need to use them.

Step 2) Establish his Demands and Ask for Permission to Radio in to see if we can meet them.

Step 2.5) If the President Agree's, Get him to send you back out to Collect the Ransom.

Step 2.5.5) If the President Disagrees, Things turn serious.. You have just given yourself in as a hostage. Consult the Second to last Chapter.

Stage 5 - Resolution

Successful Outcome 1: The President Provides the Ransom and a Getaway Car and you DO NOT PURSUE THE SUSPECT OR ATTEMPT TO ARREST HIM.

Successful Outcome 2: The President Provides the Ransom and a Getaway Car and Orders an Arrest at which point SS Will Raid the suspects home or will attempt to pursue him.

Unsuccessful Outcome 1: The Suspect Shoots a Hostage and Police are Forced to fire upon him.

Unsuccessful Outcome 2: The Suspect Injures the Hostage or an Officer and is Killed.

Final chapter - In the Event of a Communications Breakdown or Shots are Fired.

Step 1) Get an SS Team with Full Shields and Kevlar in first, Followed by Police and then Paramedics.

Step 2) Secure the Suspects by Tazing him or Taking him Down. Also Secure the Hostages by Handcuffing them (The Hostage Taker could have Hidden as one of them).

Step 3) Get Medical attention to the Hostages and take them back to the Nexus for some Therapy.

Thanks for Reading - ForceGhost

(Possibly thinking about starting a group of "Hostage Negotiator's" Who are Trained.)
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
The following 2 users Like ForceGhost's post:
  • Niimo, Fluttershy Goes Wild
This Guide is now OFFICIAL! Cheese Oh yeah!
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
The following 2 users Like ForceGhost's post:
  • User 5190, Fluttershy Goes Wild