Where are the clans?
Hey Fearlessians, Tony here! I was just browsing the forums and I've only noticed three clans in the subforum. I think this is a huge problem within the community due to the fact that so many players rely on their interests in the clan world. I know a handful of great roleplayers who lost interest in the community due to the lack of clans and overall initiative. Estleback is truly the only clan I noticed and with their history, they are a great fit. Clan politics have always been a part of Fearless and in recent years it has been completely absent. Owning or being a part of a clan should be held in high regard and there should be tiers or some type of incentive for participating in one. Overall, clans are integral to community and player interests and need to be emphasized much more than they are now.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
  Tony
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Falcon's post:
  • Grizzly
Ive always been part of a clan i tried to create one up again recently but my vibe for it was gone really, Just top and bottom couldnt be bothered for me, had the people, had the tools, just really couldn't be bothered most clans are the same really they are either a gang or a Security team what FL needs is a cocky clan to come in chat there thing "We are the best to ever be on FL" then a clan war will come then the clans will rise Cheese
The following 1 user Likes L Y N C H Y's post:
  • Falcon
I agree this can become very interesting. I just do not think there is any incentive for people to join or create a clan, other than a bit of prestige on the forums. I do think that there should be a great reward system for being in a clan and that it has to make these clans play AGAINST each other.

Never seen that happening though, afaik clans were dead when I joined in 2014. Big +support, however as I said, let them fix the GM first ^^
I agree Tony. It is a big shame that the only people that do clan RP is Estleback. It is bad for them because they cannot create rivalries and allies but it also creates a monopoly that forces everyone to join Estleback if they wish to do clan rp. This isn't inherently bad for Estleback however there are probably some that if the could choose otherwise wouldn't got to Estleback if they had a choice.
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
The following 1 user Likes Grizzly's post:
  • Molyneux481
During my time as Clan Officer I had some big updates planned for the Organisations which were ready to go however limitations within Gmod meant only a small chunk of the Organisation update was pushed. However lets not forget you can't be forced to create an Org. It's your job as much as the teams to make one, if you care about a long standing RP enough you'll start one.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 2 users Like Joe Joe's post:
  • Molyneux481, Grizzly
Estleback are still strong and active on the server, even in the worst months FL has seen (server player count). Estleback as a whole is still finding new ways to involve the whole community. It makes it harder, if small RP businesses or organisation aren't established on the server.

Updates don't really improve or boost clans. Like Joe said, it's down to the players to create a clan or join one.

More players = More clans.

The following 2 users Like Molyneux481's post:
  • Link, TheSiphon
(07-21-2020, 11:39 PM)Molyneux481 Wrote: Estleback are still strong and active on the server, even in the worst months FL has seen (server player count). Estleback as a whole is still finding new ways to involve the whole community. It makes it harder, if small RP businesses or organisation aren't established on the server.

Updates don't really improve or boost clans. Like Joe said, it's down to the players to create a clan or join one.

More players = More clans.

However most clan interaction is dogshit even when there are multiple clans.

I've been involved in multiple clan wars, the most recent being Godsoldiers (I think) vs Hells Kitchen, those dudes straight pussied out with in a few days of fighting on main. And then there is Ministry of Peace vs Honda Gang, they surrendered to us after 2 raids. Most clans will just backdown to aggression, its just soo stupid.

From what I've seen, doing a bootcamp with bots is not involving the community. At least bootcamp vs real players, watching those videos just makes me think of shit military RP drills.
The following 1 user Likes Ranger's post:
  • Falcon
(07-22-2020, 04:19 AM)Ranger Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 11:39 PM)Molyneux481 Wrote: -Snip-

However most clan interaction is dogshit even when there are multiple clans.

I've been involved in multiple clan wars, the most recent being Godsoldiers (I think) vs Hells Kitchen, those dudes straight pussied out with in a few days of fighting on main. And then there is Ministry of Peace vs Honda Gang, they surrendered to us after 2 raids. Most clans will just backdown to aggression, its just soo stupid.

From what I've seen, doing a bootcamp with bots is not involving the community. At least bootcamp vs real players, watching those videos just makes me think of shit military RP drills.

We have hosted one boot camp to keep our members entertained and keep them happy to be apart of Estleback.

Not that long ago, Estleback hosted an event called Alcatraz, which allowed the community to take part. We also had other events planned but due to the low player count on the server, we decided to put the events on hold. 

You can't really complain about Estleback doing training sessions because it doesn't involve the community. It's all about fun at the end of the day. Our members enjoy these training sessions, so of course we will continue it.

The following 1 user Likes Molyneux481's post:
  • Link