Stricter rules on controversial comments in game
+MAJORSUPPORT

I had this exact suggestion when I came back 2yrs ago and seen it was everywhere people using it without any rp context whatsoever and the idea was shelved by Pollox with no outcome at all. Was very disappointed by it and honestly didn't wanna play, I hope this time around its taken seriously. This stuff was completely prohibited back when I first joined and don't really understand why it was changed to be allowed.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I've never seen an actual well made in-depth and interesting rp come out of the rule being removed. Like sure if there was a KKK group with a story planned out with a kidnapping of a black man for their cross burning gathering or whatever and the police get involved or like some Westboro Baptist picket line where they're shouting all kinds of heartless and uncalled for hate speech to people walking by. Those type of rps would give sense to the no racism rule being removed in theory, but in practice its clear that all we see from it is people running around calling each other every name in the book just because they can. As those who aren't fully for this thread have stated, there is no real and fair way admins could be able to differentiate between that as it can be perceived as grey.
So that's why I think that racism/sexism or hate speech of any kind should be once again completely prohibited as there is no clear way of regulating it, its not welcoming to those new players of different races and religions (RP or not there is no denying it can be alienating and insulting to those where that is their reality) & serves no benefit keeping it, people aren't making the real effort to do real rps out of the flexible rule set we have now. Or at the very least categorize it as extremist rp like stated there in my old thread.

My old post: https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=89660
[Image: QAlZlgi.png]

Messages In This Thread
Stricter rules on controversial comments in game - by JONATHANPOO - 01-06-2020, 03:45 PM
RE: Stricter rules on controversial comments in game - by JONATHANPOO - 01-06-2020, 04:23 PM
RE: Stricter rules on controversial comments in game - by JONATHANPOO - 01-06-2020, 07:43 PM
RE: Stricter rules on controversial comments in game - by JONATHANPOO - 01-21-2020, 02:51 AM
RE: Stricter rules on controversial comments in game - by JONATHANPOO - 01-21-2020, 12:14 PM
RE: Stricter rules on controversial comments in game - by Forgee - 01-15-2020, 09:12 PM
RE: Stricter rules on controversial comments in game - by JONATHANPOO - 01-22-2020, 04:49 PM
RE: Stricter rules on controversial comments in game - by Ludo - 04-26-2020, 06:15 AM
RE: Stricter rules on controversial comments in game - by JONATHANPOO - 04-26-2020, 03:16 PM
RE: Stricter rules on controversial comments in game - by JONATHANPOO - 04-26-2020, 03:58 PM
RE: Stricter rules on controversial comments in game - by User 19014 - 04-26-2020, 04:05 PM
RE: Stricter rules on controversial comments in game - by JONATHANPOO - 04-27-2020, 05:16 AM
RE: Stricter rules on controversial comments in game - by JONATHANPOO - 04-27-2020, 02:53 PM