Why is FL so shit?
(12-30-2019, 01:57 PM)Jan Wrote: Maps aren’t the issue, updates aren’t the issue. Let’s stop finding excuses or reasons why things don’t work out and start doing:

Change the category to DarkRP
Open up admin applications
Make teacher applications public again
Remove groups and force existing ones to become clans

So many things have been tried in these past few months yet none have worked out.

Stop discussing, start doing.

Staff apps dont mean anything.

Just like Teacher apps dont.

I will use Wolven for an example.

When Wolven was in the team he was very liked by most of the people within the team, but they was forced to demote him.

So a demoted staff member, then applies for teacher and gets it, because they like him or he is around that friend group.

Then obviously looked what happened to wolven.

The guy got banned, ToS.

You also, have player returning from bans getting staff within 2-3 weeks, like applications wouldnt fix anything.

DarkRP, would be hit and miss, it can either go really well or really bad. But there isnt anything stopping FL from trying it out.

The groups thing i agree with entirely, the only reasons groups come around was so that Forgee and Joe Joe could secure their lucky 7 roleplays, as they was nearly about to get a valid clan war on their hands.

Then when it was in motion it was all stopped for some bullshit reason and all the rules was changed, after that groups was made and believe or not they was one of the first groups, coincidence.

FL for me is just adding salt to open wounds at this point, Soul doesn't care, the past SA's have been dreadful, this then means the staff team are to lead, but that isnt their job no has set a level for performance or expectations, its just a is what it is attitude from everyone, the players, staff, devs.

I personally think there is so many issues that even if we make small steps to reviving FL, you will have to give it time, one thing wont fix it several things will and its about the process, all you can do is trust within the process. Just give them time and we will see where FL is in like 2 months from now for example.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 2 users Like don's post:
  • Falcon, Byra
(12-30-2019, 04:01 PM)TASSIA Wrote: It looks like he sorted the servers after their ranking. Which is the default search order and used by nearly every player.
The ranking consists of multiple factors, including ping and player count.

Nobody sorts the servers after ranking. 

People sort after population.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(12-30-2019, 02:21 PM)TheSiphon Wrote: So finding Fearless from that garbage heap of DarkRP servers would be a lot harder. To be fair, I have no clue how the server ranking system works, maybe it's a mix of ping and player count? But my guess is that FL wouldn't be placed near the top.

Heap of garbage DarkRP? Have you seen the HEAP of garbage gamemodes recently?

I installed Gmod on my computer just to show you the monstrosity that is the gamemodes. 
You must have some serious problems if you claim finding CityRP in this browser is anything close to possible

(NEW PLAYERS ARE NOT EVEN LOOKING FOR CITY RP. They just want a fun server THAT IS POPULATED.) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad4bPWfB5L0

What makes it even better is that the list keeps MOVING AROUND because auto refresh is enabled by default.

In the DarkRP server browser you can sort by population. (WHO DOESN'T?!)

If FL was populated between 50 - 75 we would be HIGH UP in the DarkRP category enabling people to DISCOVER us. 
Right now it is IMPOSSIBLE to FIND CityRP if you don't know what you are looking for.
Visit my profile here.
The following 3 users Like Haarek's post:
  • ryan!, konsta, Santaliz
FL has nothing to lose with moving FL into DarkRP category, it's only a problem when certain players who are so stuck up with being CityRP because DarkRP is considered a mingey gamemode.
The following 2 users Like konsta's post:
  • ryan!, Santaliz
No harm in trying. Wouldn't surprise me to see the server get a dramatic increase in popularity after moving in to DarkRP listing.

Sure, with the increase of people you'll get a big increase of minges. At least it'll give the staff something to do and keep 'em busy though.
[Image: WWhqdJO.gif]
                                      +Rep me!
The following 7 users Like PhantomSolaris's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Bobby Shmicki, Mr. Flaminator, Lewwings, Haarek, Chumps, Santaliz
This case has been argued before and I will include arguments I have previously written to people against  the DarkRP section. 

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Quote: Wrote:"You expect to get what you 'buy', in this case, you expect to play DarkRP when you join a server in the DarkRP section."

This would be a good analogy if it wasn't for the fact that when you buy something you check the label first. 
Not only does the server name label the server as "semi-serious RP" but the loading screen explains the whole gamemode. 
Nobody would go through all of that information and still say "Hey! I was expecting an unserious darkRP server!". 

Spoiler :

Quote: Wrote:"And the difference in taste is clear as day. As X said, it's scummy to lie to potential newcomers/customers. And with that, you attract more minges that expect a very unserious RP experience, and if they might feel like they've been lied to, they could just go about and fuck around in the server since they didn't get what they expected."

You are basing this argument on an assumption. Does it seem likely that a big percentage of people would act in this manner? Of course there will an influx of players breaking the rules, but that would be mainly due to the increased population and is to be expected by ANY rise in population. We have a staff team that must adapt accordingly. They have done that since 2008. 

Spoiler :

Quote: Wrote:"CityRP does not cater to DarkRP, and I hope that is clear as day to you. You've been here since 2011, so you should know this. I know all of this is subjective, but come on. Let's not lie to ourselves just to gain an increase from DarkRPers. It'd be a shame to see FL turn into a shitfest from DarkRPers."

When I joined in 2011 I came from 1000 hours of DarkRP. I found the server back when we only had the legacy browser. I never knew Fearless existed up until that point and I would never have known about it if I didn't randomly join a roleplay gamemode and sort by population.
This "shitfest of DarkRPers" you are talking about are potential people that bring value to the community, new personalities and a full server. Your bias against DarkRP is nothing more than prejudice as it is entirely a different gamemode and people have never heard of CityRP before. It doesn't mean people will act the same and not take the gamemode seriously.

Visit my profile here.
The following 4 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Lewwings, ryan!, Oliver, SpaghettiFTW
Lets see how it goes, hopefully it works out. If it doesn't we'll revert it, we took backups so the switch won't take an entire day like it just did today.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I wanted to come back to FL but the lack of staff (ONLINE and doing shit) and the constant lag made its unbearable to have fun if not even play.

If I'm going to make some suggestions

-Staff and community need to care more about the server, what I mean by this is respecting the rules and making sure the new players are having a good time as they would be the future of fl.

-Ban wipe, Let everyone start fresh no bad blood. I believe this would up the player could to kick start fearlessly again.

- Constant fun events no matter the pop (this would engage players) Ran by both Admins and players

Nothing that I say will make a difference I know that I just want to enjoy fl like how it was at the start of 2018 when I joined (very enjoyable)

People are saying move to darkrp and fair enough but I joined FL because I wanted a city RP, not a darkrp (Also FL sometimes doesent even show up on the server list so get that shit fixed)

You also have 2 major platforms this and discord, should really be getting used more before they start dying.

just ideas
Fearless Veteran 8^)
also forgot to mention last RP point was giving over some 2 months ago (Nov/02/2017) LOL maybe it's 2 late
Fearless Veteran 8^)
(01-01-2020, 02:13 PM)Scuba Wrote: also forgot to mention last RP point was giving over some 2 months ago (Nov/02/2017) LOL maybe it's 2 late

Haha funny meme xd

21/12/2019 is the correct date, frost just had his stats transferred bruh

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]