Change of Map
v2d is cool
The following 2 users Like Goat's post:
  • Zecon, JackZ
(12-13-2019, 10:37 PM)Goat Wrote: v2d is cool

i like that goat. concise, straight to the point.
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 2 users Like Zecon's post:
  • Goat, Wolven
I think the thing that really "killed" the community lately is the lack of nostalgia. Most of us are veteran members and have such great memories on older maps, like v2d, v33x, or v4b; not to mention, a ton of our dupes are for those maps. When I log on, I want to be familiar with the map, familiar with the people, have simplicity to jobs (like the way mechanic used to be), and overall just have fun like everyone used to. I have said it time and time again, nostalgia is a very, very powerful thing and will keep donations coming in and members having fun and returning at the same time while making new memories. People need things they are familiar with, and most of the RP community runs on those three maps. Of course, this is only my personal opinion; but if this community will go on I feel it will have to be between those three maps, or a v2d + v33/v4b seperate servers like it was before. Let people choose their own nostalgia.
Respectfully,

Hooter
(12-14-2019, 12:38 AM)Hooter Wrote: I think the thing that really "killed" the community lately is the lack of nostalgia. Most of us are veteran members and have such great memories on older maps, like v2d, v33x, or v4b; not to mention, a ton of our dupes are for those maps. When I log on, I want to be familiar with the map, familiar with the people, have simplicity to jobs (like the way mechanic used to be), and overall just have fun like everyone used to. I have said it time and time again, nostalgia is a very, very power thing and will keep donations coming in and members having fun and returning at the same time while making new memories. People need things they are familiar with, and most of the RP community runs on those three maps. Of course, this is only my personal opinion; but if this community will go on I feel it will have to be between those three maps, or a v2d + v33/v4b seperate servers like it was before. Let people choose their own nostalgia.
I actually low key agree with this
ever since the whole car damage thing came it became much more boring. Instead of complicating shit, add new shit. And bring back v2d
(12-14-2019, 12:51 AM)S!RNARC Wrote: I actually low key agree with this
ever since the whole car damage thing came it became much more boring. Instead of complicating shit, add new shit. And bring back v2d
New, complex ideas which have been implemented lately do not always mean success; nostalgia and familiarity are key to sustainability. There is a loyal fan-base here, cater to them and surely we would all see great results.
Respectfully,

Hooter
The following 1 user Likes Hooter's post:
  • RaZZ
Who is actually voting for a map rotation? I just haven't seen more than 3 people actually agree with that horrible idea.
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
The following 1 user Likes ryan!'s post:
  • Dimitris
So since the vote is over, it seems like every 4 months that V5P takes place server will be dead and every 4 months we have V2D FL will do decent. Chill
Loved v5p but it’s too big for us at the moment. I want v2d, and if there is a rotation keep it between v2d and v4b1. Definitely don’t want the rotations to be 4 months though, 2 at most but i’d be most comfortable with a 1 month cycle to keep it fresh.
(12-14-2019, 03:20 AM)Dimitris Wrote: So since the vote is over, it seems like every 4 months that V5P takes place server will be dead and every 4 months we have V2D FL will do decent. Chill

Well if the server is dead the switch can just be done sooner?

Also V2D is in the lead and has likely won (both polls are being considered)

[Image: 6fzgqncq1psy.png]
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(12-14-2019, 04:39 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 03:20 AM)Dimitris Wrote: So since the vote is over, it seems like every 4 months that V5P takes place server will be dead and every 4 months we have V2D FL will do decent. Chill

Well if the server is dead the switch can just be done sooner?

Also V2D is in the lead and has likely won (both polls are being considered)

[Image: 6fzgqncq1psy.png]

Does that mean we are most likely getting V2D today?