Fearless Survey results
(10-18-2019, 02:16 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 08:56 AM)JackZ Wrote: A ‘Coming Soon’ tab for updates would honestly be great.

I'm against that as just a list of things being worked on will just make it more annoying for developers with people constantly asking for progress due to the small amount of information.

There are more complex things in discussion atm which will improve transparency between the Community and the Development team, it's just they also come with their own issues. The FL map thread Mavis made shows how some people in the community really cannot understand how long it may take to release something. If showing what is being worked on will result in the same level of harassment to the current dev team, i'm sure any change we make to be more transparent will be reverted quickly.

But what everyone said about him and the project was correct.

This got abandoned like people predicted.

Dont give false promises to the community giving time and dates and consistently not following up on them.

Thats on him, not the community that he was lying to.

You all just want a curtain to hide behind, so you can be lazy. It isnt hard to tell us whats in the works on the thing we all waste our time on.

If this is the issue, the council should be perfect but you're also against that.

And if thats the case, i hope something just wipes out the server, because transparency is what the community deserves while sticking through bullshit after bullshit.

We all understand with any development team it will take time to bring out things, especially the one at present. But the transparency lets us know what that we arent wasting our time waiting for nothing, if we didnt understand it took time, no one would play. Its just the way you go about it is slowly forcing people away. Also, you talka bout people bashing Marvis that says alot about you and maybe the team. Dont set dates and tell us it will be out here and then, and then every time it was bullshit, thats on him.

If you are worried about this backlash, it says alot about your character and what you're currently doing here at FL. Transparency wasnt the issue in this case, it was the fact is bullshit we was being fed.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 1 user Likes don's post:
  • konsta
(10-18-2019, 02:16 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 08:56 AM)JackZ Wrote: A ‘Coming Soon’ tab for updates would honestly be great.

I'm against that as just a list of things being worked on will just make it more annoying for developers with people constantly asking for progress due to the small amount of information.

There are more complex things in discussion atm which will improve transparency between the Community and the Development team, it's just they also come with their own issues. The FL map thread Mavis made shows how some people in the community really cannot understand how long it may take to release something. If showing what is being worked on will result in the same level of harassment to the current dev team, i'm sure any change we make to be more transparent will be reverted quickly.

What a delusional guy you are. The FL map thread Mavis made shows how he bullshitted the community to get a rank. It’s kind of similar to the way you kiss ass to get promoted again.

Silly boy.
The following 7 users Like Jan's post:
  • JoshZ, don, konsta, , Mist, horror, Jordy
Just ban wipe alredy, what do you have to loose anyways? the map is just depressing, its not like the old FL. and the fact that people say ¨less aggresive rp¨ is just stupid i cant belive it.
[Image: gn3iiwj]
All these replies I dug out (I skimmed through) have a common denominator I'd like to pinpoint.
There is a big outcry about staff activity. Fair enough to acknowledge the problem but why does it happen? 

My hypothesis is that a person who plays on FL usually has a lot of hours to play through before he gets offered a staff rank. 
This hour limit has always become higher and higher. Before it was a lot lower. 

What you end up with is an experienced staff member with far over a 1000 hours that has his playtime behind him rather than in his foreground. In-turn, he loses interest after a while. 

This is my reply to the survey, do you agree? 
Quote:Promoting lower houred players that show potential, maturity and intelligence gives you a staff member that is just as capable of any other. The only difference is he has a lot of hours ahead of him and not behind him.

Spoiler :

Quote:Responses

X: 
More admins dedicated to administrating as opposed to roleplaying           <--- A whole point of an admin is to control the passive roleplay, he can only do that if he is present at the time. If he doesn't he will loose interest of hoovering over a town all day... It isn't supposed to be so much of a job as a fun past-time. 

X: Promote legit and good people.   <--- Obviously... 

X: We need some seriously active staff. People that would generally enjoy administrating the server <--- Obviously....

X: . Lastly, activity needs to be high (can be      achieved with a bigger team)   <--- Bigger team doesn't always mean better admins.

X:  Furthermore there need to be more strict rules about inactivity. <--- It is not supposed to be a job. Activity is due to interested staff. 

X: Clamp down on activity    <---- Why is it so bad for an admin to be inactive? He is a trusted member of the community. There is not a universal rule specifying the 'maximum' number of staff members allowed, he is not holding up a space. 

X: have a specific playtime per week they have to play.    <- -That is insane?!

Quote:
Promoting lower houred players that show potential, maturity and intelligence gives you a staff member that is just as capable of any other. The only difference is he has a lot of hours ahead of him and not behind him.

[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 3 users Like Haarek's post:
  • don, Kippsee, Mist
(10-19-2019, 12:45 AM)Midget Wrote: All these replies I dug out (I skimmed through) have a common denominator I'd like to pinpoint.
There is a big outcry about staff activity. Fair enough to acknowledge the problem but why does it happen? 

My hypothesis is that a person who plays on FL usually has a lot of hours to play through before he gets offered a staff rank. 
This hour limit has always become higher and higher. Before it was a lot lower. 

What you end up with is an experienced staff member with far over a 1000 hours that has his playtime behind him rather than in his foreground. In-turn, he loses interest after a while. 

This is my reply to the survey, do you agree? 
Quote:Promoting lower houred players that show potential, maturity and intelligence gives you a staff member that is just as capable of any other. The only difference is he has a lot of hours ahead of him and not behind him.

Spoiler :

Quote:Responses

X: 
More admins dedicated to administrating as opposed to roleplaying           <--- A whole point of an admin is to control the passive roleplay, he can only do that if he is present at the time. If he doesn't he will loose interest of hoovering over a town all day... It isn't supposed to be so much of a job as a fun past-time. 

X: Promote legit and good people.   <--- Obviously... 

X: We need some seriously active staff. People that would generally enjoy administrating the server <--- Obviously....

X: . Lastly, activity needs to be high (can be      achieved with a bigger team)   <--- Bigger team doesn't always mean better admins.

X:  Furthermore there need to be more strict rules about inactivity. <--- It is not supposed to be a job. Activity is due to interested staff. 

X: Clamp down on activity    <---- Why is it so bad for an admin to be inactive? He is a trusted member of the community. There is not a universal rule specifying the 'maximum' number of staff members allowed, he is not holding up a space. 

X: have a specific playtime per week they have to play.    <- -That is insane?!

Quote:
Promoting lower houred players that show potential, maturity and intelligence gives you a staff member that is just as capable of any other. The only difference is he has a lot of hours ahead of him and not behind him.

You make a good argument and i like how you countered the points. I do agree and can tell you with people getting staff so late on, sometimes took people years. When they have it they have done everything and then its like what do i do now, instead of administrating and enjoying your time on the server.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 2 users Like don's post:
  • Kippsee, Haarek
So what's happening with this? I really hope you haven't just given us false hope that you will fix the problem.
There is no way you are going to attract old/new members into this community for the sole reason of it being on garrys mod. I mean I loved FL for years from when i joined in 2013 but the recent years i’ve stayed away as the game is purely dead. In my opinion the vast majority of players in this community are decent. I don’t see why SoulRipper doesn’t see that everyone has moved onto different communities on different games. If he wants the community to still be relevant in the gaming world then try out a game that’s relatively new or just has a large player base, for example DayzRP, GTARP, Arma 3.

No changes to a Garrys Mod server will attract gamers as nobody plays the game full stop.

Kinds Regards
Jordy
Community Member
If FL decided to switch games, it would just kill Fearless. Everything has to be started from scratch and it wouldn't be the same server/gamemode/community anymore. Current devs wouldn't be able to continue if the game doesn't run on a language they know, almost all players would not transition to a random game they might not even own and when looking at customization options, Gmod offers the most freedom.
It would be like closing Fearless and attempting to start a completely different community that only has the same name and some old members.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 4 users Like TheSiphon's post:
  • L Y N C H Y, Joe Joe, ryan!, Pollux
Classic FL, still awaiting an update from this!!

Complete fucking joke that me a demoted admin cares more about this community than the admin team do. Like what the fuck is going on; do something.
The following 6 users Like User 12049's post:
  • horror, Dimitris, JoshZ, L Y N C H Y, SpaghettiFTW, Jordy
(10-31-2019, 01:57 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: Classic FL, still awaiting an update from this!!

Complete fucking joke that me a demoted admin cares more about this community than the admin team do. Like what the fuck is going on; do something.

Patience, Soulripper is probably working very hard behind the scenes at the moment to get FL up and running!
The following 1 user Likes Kippsee's post:
  • Grape