Future of FL/ FL Dying (18/75)
(09-29-2019, 11:16 PM)Zombie Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 10:43 PM)TASSIA Wrote: Anyways, even if a big update comes out, players are attracted to it for like two days, until they are bored again.
The problem is not solely the development.

I hate to break it to you, but if a "big" update comes out and people get attracted to it, use the feature for a couple of days and they get bored of it, then the idea and development are solely the problem.
Try to create features that make players stick. It's not that easy. Every time something is new people like it.. But it is nearly impossible to create something bigger that will make players stick for very long.. At least there is nothing I know in my time here.
Alphaverse
Ex - Contributor
(09-29-2019, 10:43 PM)TASSIA Wrote: Anyways, even if a big update comes out, players are attracted to it for like two days, until they are bored again.

I hate to break it to you, but if a "big" update comes out and people get attracted to it, use the feature for a couple of days and they get bored of it, then the idea and development are solely the problem.

The ideas we implement are things you guys vote for.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Off the top of my head, the problems Fearless is currently facing are:

- Lack of people on the team able to lead FL (no admins apart from like 2 are actually worthy of SA)
 - Inactive admins allowed to stay?? (Divey - ??, Random - 29/08, Tomo - 10/09)
 - Roleplay over staffing (Last time i was on the server, 2 staff were on, I watched both of them just continue roleplaying, and only after i sent a second @ call saying "c'mon just respond", did one of them finally bother to actually do something)
 - No milestones/achievements
 - Streamers + Streamer recogniton
 - Forums Rewards
 - Bank robberies
 - More ways to make money
 - Clan rewards for great activity/rp/etc
 - Clan & group mixed-interaction
 - Ridiculously long delays in staff report conclusion (makes it look like it's not being looked into)
 - Lack of RPP usage

This is a slippery slope, and FL is starting to slide.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  •
A reward for spending a certain amount on the server would be nice.
(09-29-2019, 11:22 PM)Alphaverse Wrote:

Try to create features that make players stick. It's not that easy. Every time something is new people like it.. But it is nearly impossible to create something bigger that will make players stick for very long.. At least there is nothing I know in my time here.
There's a suggestion section, but it's limited and the suggestion's fate relies on the staff. Plus there's a whole guideline as well.

But since you guys want to surprise everyone, and add new features and updates that nobody asked for, then set up a new team. Specifically for suggestions and to come up with a new idea for updates.

There's a reason why organizations, businesses, departments of a nation, and city directors have a team for that. Think for a moment, there needs to be changes. Either to raise funds, to profit, to attract tourists for foreign currencies, build a new park next to a residence to increase the value of that residence to tax it up, and etc. A director of an organization can't think all by himself or herself, so they set up a team. That team's responsibility is to check the latest trends, listen to what people have to say, listen to feedbacks, be innovative, and they're experienced and are familiar with the location, field or subject. In meeting rooms they bring up problems to people's attention and they bring ideas. They also provide graphs, charts, solutions and other bullshit. But the point is, in the end, there's a mutual agreement on an idea, it's implemented and everybody is happy.

FL should have the same thing, with the development to discuss the issues and implement, the admin team to discuss and have a 2/3 vote, super-admins to have the power of veto, and Soulripper if he is ever needed or he decides to get involved, have the final decision.

I firmly believe FL needs this kind of balance and organization, not just to decide on updates. Or we can continue how it is right now, and waste your time and effort on updates only for people not caring about it in a couple of days. And it's a shame really, you're all talented and have credible contributions, and unfortunately they are not recognized like you deserve.
The structure of the staff team has been the blame for fluctuating numbers for a long time. Shame to say but I've been very much right with the shit I've said about this server since day one, its been one slippery slope - and it'll always be ignored by those who are staff or who are friends with staff. 

Tfw still waiting for Soulripper to delete my account  Joy
(09-29-2019, 11:41 PM)Pollux Wrote:

The ideas we implement are things you guys vote for.

Correct, but there are certain suggestions that could change the entire game and attract players, that are denied. 
And sometimes, you guys like to surprise us and implement new features and updates. And they are sometimes good, and sometimes they aren't needed.
Change game mode so fearless can be in the DarkRP section. Ez 50+ player base 24/7. And new people will actually join and do something other than stand around.
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
As staff development drove me mad, look at the changelog it's like the devs are choosing the easy rubbish to do in order to look busy. I wanted the bigger updates done that would actually make the server more enjoyable to play but nothing was ever released. Makes me wonder if the devs are even capable of completing the bigger, more advanced updates.
The following 4 users Like Kippsee's post:
  • , CorieTheNub, , konsta
The long list of approved suggestions is not moving, and some aren't even bjg updates. yall pattern up