Future of FL/ FL Dying (18/75)
Tbh FL is closer to DarkRP than a “semi-serious” (what the hell is that btw?)server at this point. It just has more long term goals.
[Image: n0LLhCI.jpg]
(10-04-2019, 02:14 PM)ryan! Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 01:55 PM)Conn Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 01:44 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 01:02 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Maybe the category name 'CityRP' is not the right name. Nearly all RP servers are using a city as map.

Maybe we should name it differently, for example: Semi Serious Realistic City Roleplay

I honestly think CityRP is fine for what FL is, there's no real point in making it even more complicated. Could add Semi-Serious to it if you really want but last time you changed the gamemode name to CityRP 3 there was a big drop in new players until it was renamed back (not too sure why, does it reset it on your favourite/history list when the GM gets renamed?).

I think we should really be worrying less about what the gamemode is called and more on what we can add to retain players. I still don't think the issue is that we're not getting enough new players, we're just bad at keeping them on the server for over an hour as the new player experience is kinda terrible. You're dumped into a server without any help and nothing but 10k and 5 chinese.

Plenty more things we can do for player retention - much more an important focus.

This is a cool statement to make, but give examples. If we have "plenty more things" that we could do to keep new players why haven't we done them? 

Going into the DarkRP category will fix the problem of very few people joining, and when we have a steady playerbase people will stay on longer. The easy explanation for why new players don't stick around is because nothing interesting is ever happening on the servers. Why is nothing happening? because there is only 20 players active. This isn't hard guys

Wrote in a lesson so didn't have much time

Examples would include:
Milestones
Contra redo
Farming, mining, etc
Other methods of economic growth

And for new players - guidance in games, maybe when you join a job, a popup is shown with a forum thread on the basics of that RP, for example.
We'd need a more nurturing environment, so more teachers, staff, etc.
Maybe for inventory items, a help button alongside, explaining what certain items can do (fishing rod, for example)
Also, there needs to be more press on toxicity in my opinion, it really puts people off the community
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

(10-04-2019, 01:02 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Maybe the category name 'CityRP' is not the right name. Nearly all RP servers are using a city as map.

Maybe we should name it differently, for example: Semi Serious Realistic City Roleplay

I honestly think CityRP is fine for what FL is, there's no real point in making it even more complicated. Could add Semi-Serious to it if you really want but last time you changed the gamemode name to CityRP 3 there was a big drop in new players until it was renamed back (not too sure why, does it reset it on your favourite/history list when the GM gets renamed?).

I think we should really be worrying less about what the gamemode is called and more on what we can add to retain players. I still don't think the issue is that we're not getting enough new players, we're just bad at keeping them on the server for over an hour as the new player experience is kinda terrible. You're dumped into a server without any help and nothing but 10k and 5 chinese.

Plenty more things we can do for player retention - much more an important focus.

This is a cool statement to make, but give examples. If we have "plenty more things" that we could do to keep new players why haven't we done them? 

Going into the DarkRP category will fix the problem of very few people joining, and when we have a steady playerbase people will stay on longer. The easy explanation for why new players don't stick around is because nothing interesting is ever happening on the servers. Why is nothing happening? because there is only 20 players active. This isn't hard guys

We obviously have stuff planned, we can't go into detail about them which is why we're being so vague when talking about things we can do instead. Even when we have a full server you get plenty of people just standing around doing nothing. I still don't think player count is the main issue here, updates provide a massive boost in players anyway which then slowly declines once people get bored.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(10-04-2019, 02:29 PM)Conn Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 01:02 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: -

-

-

-

Examples would include:
Milestones
Contra redo
Farming, mining, etc

And for new players - guidance in games, maybe when you join a job, a popup is shown with a forum thread on the basics of that RP, for example.
Maybe for inventory items, a help button alongside, explaining what certain items can do (fishing rod, for example)
Also, there needs to be more press on toxicity in my opinion, it really puts people off the community

I agree that these are all good updates. But will adding any of these things make a person who doesn't know about FL get on the server? That is the issue. And if you disagree with that then there just isn't anywhere else to go in this discussion. If you think the best way to revive fearless is by keeping the 20 active players happy and maybe fishing in some veterans, then that is your (horrible) opinion. But you would have to be purposefully ignorant to say that adding fearless to the DarkRP section wouldn't increase the player count and actually give fearless hope of surviving.
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
(10-04-2019, 03:17 PM)ryan! Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 02:29 PM)Conn Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 01:44 PM)Pollux Wrote: -

-

-

Examples would include:
Milestones
Contra redo
Farming, mining, etc

I agree that these are all good updates. But will adding any of these things make a person who doesn't know about FL get on the server? That is the issue. And if you disagree with that then there just isn't anywhere else to go in this discussion. If you think the best way to revive fearless is by keeping the 20 active players happy and maybe fishing in some veterans, then that is your (horrible) opinion. But you would have to be purposefully ignorant to say that adding fearless to the DarkRP section wouldn't increase the player count and actually give fearless hope of surviving.
I've not said it wouldn't increase player count. I think it's worth a shot personally, but there could be repercussions. By doing updates, we could see improvements in player counts because older players who lurk may play for some time, etc.
The real question is how do you advertise for a game that's really dying now. Facepunch forums are a goner, I don't know where else it could be advertised
Regards,
Connnnnnnn

Consider giving me a rep point here.

So why when bank robberies, farming drugs in a field and then having to transfer them in van to a dealer, like arma, you just deny them.

This way people can be robbed, people can farm safely and you can protect you stuff.

Many situations, the bank robbery can be so good, many situation can be created by it.

Also, it isnt rockets science someone in the team should have brought it up ages ago, it just shows they dont care or arent good enough, why isnt a prologue like an introduction put into it, like teaching them how to buy their first car, how to change job, their name etc.

There with the introduction they have stuff to use, then by completing the introductions, then you get rewarded.

Then the next set of instructions about how to use contra make an arrest etc, this way players will learn all the commands by actually doing it and going through it whilst being rewarded.

This way they are introduced into the community with something to do keeping them on the server, until then the staff team and teachers should be mentoring the new players, notice they have low hours and put their time into helping them without being asked, its what any decent person would do.

Then you talk about, trying to keep players add big updates then, no crying about we dont develop or have the time, make the time if you care enough.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
(10-04-2019, 03:34 PM)perqe Wrote:

So why when bank robberies, farming drugs in a field and then having to transfer them in van to a dealer, like arma, you just deny them.

This way people can be robbed, people can farm safely and you can protect you stuff.

Many situations, the bank robbery can be so good, many situation can be created by it.

Also, it isnt rockets science someone in the team should have brought it up ages ago, it just shows they dont care or arent good enough, why isnt a prologue like an introduction put into it, like teaching them how to buy their first car, how to change job, their name etc.

There with the introduction they have stuff to use, then by completing the introductions, then you get rewarded.

Then the next set of instructions about how to use contra make an arrest etc, this way players will learn all the commands by actually doing it and going through it whilst being rewarded.

This way they are introduced into the community with something to do keeping them on the server, until then the staff team and teachers should be mentoring the new players, notice they have low hours and put their time into  helping them without being asked, its what any decent person would do.

Then you talk about, trying to keep players add big updates then, no crying about we dont develop or have the time, make the time if you care enough.

Suggestions are mostly all discussed within the team. If a suggestion is declined a reason is usually left, if not you can always ask the person who declined it. You've brang up a few suggestions which were declined a while ago to due to good counter-points raised by those against it and problems which would have been caused while implementing it. I want to point out that just because you strongly believe a suggestion is needed doesn't always mean it is. We always have to weigh up the time it will take to implement a feature vs how used it will actually be.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(10-04-2019, 11:12 AM)Mist Wrote: I think you'd be surprised if you knew how small an amount of people will read through 19 pages of discussion, only to remember every point a member has given.
Also it's only fair to weigh in with the same opinion that another person have had.
I think it's time for you to step down from your little pedestal, bud.  Cool

Right, interesting viewpoint,  I guess I will steep down and repeat myself. 

Quote:"You expect to get what you 'buy', in this case, you expect to play DarkRP when you join a server in the DarkRP section."

This would be a good analogy if it wasn't for the fact that when you buy something you check the label first. 
Not only does the server name label the server as "semi-serious RP" but the loading screen explains the whole gamemode. 
Nobody would go through all of that information and still say "Hey! I was expecting an unserious darkRP server!". 

=================

Quote:"And the difference in taste is clear as day. As Pollux said, it's scummy to lie to potential newcomers/customers. And with that, you attract more minges that expect a very unserious RP experience, and if they might feel like they've been lied to, they could just go about and fuck around in the server since they didn't get what they expected."

You are basing this argument on an assumption. Does it seem likely that a big percentage of people would act in this manner? Of course there will an influx of players breaking the rules, but that would be mainly due to the increased population. We have a staff team that must adapt accordingly. They have done that since 2008. 

=================

Quote:"CityRP does not cater to DarkRP, and I hope that is clear as day to you. You've been here since 2011, so you should know this. I know all of this is subjective, but come on. Let's not lie to ourselves just to gain an increase from DarkRPers. It'd be a shame to see FL turn into a shitfest from DarkRPers."

When I joined in 2011 I came from 1000 hours of DarkRP. I found the server back when we only had the legacy browser. I never knew Fearless existed up until that point and I would never have known about it if I didn't randomly join a roleplay gamemode.
This "shitfest of DarkRPers" you are talking about are potential people that bring value to the community, new personalities and a full server. Your bias against DarkRP is nothing more than prejudice as it is entirely a different way to roleplay. It doesn't mean people will act the same and not take the gamemode seriously.

As for my pedestal, I'll take that as a compliment. I didn't know I was on one to begin with. 
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • ryan!
(10-04-2019, 03:52 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 03:34 PM)perqe Wrote:

This way they are introduced into the community with something to do keeping them on the server, until then the staff team and teachers should be mentoring the new players, notice they have low hours and put their time into  helping them without being asked, its what any decent person would do.

Suggestions are mostly all discussed within the team. If a suggestion is declined a reason is usually left, if not you can always ask the person who declined it. You've brang up a few suggestions which were declined a while ago to due to good counter-points raised by those against it and problems which would have been caused while implementing it. I want to point out that just because you strongly believe a suggestion is needed doesn't always mean it is. We always have to weigh up the time it will take to implement a feature vs how used it will actually be.

I completely understand what you are saying.

However, https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...light=bank

The counter points i see, are its darkrp like to have bank robbberies, and that its something else for the government to complain about.

The rest are +supports, and people wanting to have these activities and the rewards and fun that come with that, but yet again for some reason wham gonners.

Your point for denying it was it creating a mass shootout, if roleplayed correctly with people following rules regarding hostages there wouldnt be any casualties or guns fired.

So, there was no counter points, the staff team just didnt want the hassle.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
From now and on can you all please make your replies on the discussion that was made?
That way we can have everyone's opinion on a single thread instead of 2 separate ones.