Future of FL/ FL Dying (18/75)
(10-01-2019, 10:48 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 10:10 PM)SoulRipper Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 10:02 PM)ryan! Wrote: New updates won't fix FL. Pretending like that is the problem is so god awfully retarded it's hard to even read it anymore. FL needs to be seen easier on the Gmod gamemodes list. Adding LL and FL to the same game mode or adding FL to the DarkRP game mode are the only fixes that will ever actually change anything. Shitting on the Devs for not enough makes you look brain dead and it makes me want to throw up when I read the shit.

I agree with you on visibility. Back in the days there was a simple server browser where you could sort on players.
The most popular servers would be above. We've been the 2nd most popular server for ages, and the 1st most popular server for a few weeks (source: gametracker).

However when Gmod13 was released, it was clustered in categories. Meaning DarkRP and other public gamemodes would be on top, since there would be loads of servers running them, which increases their player count.

Edit: If we get into the DarkRP category, we will get many new players, but those players are used to a gameplay that we would be calling: 'messing around'.

Do it, we need players. Let the admins do their job and those who minge get banned.

Yeah nah i agree with Gh0st

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
(10-01-2019, 10:02 PM)ryan! Wrote: New updates won't fix FL. Pretending like that is the problem is so god awfully retarded it's hard to even read it anymore. FL needs to be seen easier on the Gmod gamemodes list. Adding LL and FL to the same game mode or adding FL to the DarkRP game mode are the only fixes that will ever actually change anything. Shitting on the Devs for not enough makes you look brain dead and it makes me want to throw up when I read the shit.

I agree with you on visibility. Back in the days there was a simple server browser where you could sort on players.
The most popular servers would be above. We've been the 2nd most popular server for ages, and the 1st most popular server for a few weeks (source: gametracker).

However when Gmod13 was released, it was clustered in categories. Meaning DarkRP and other public gamemodes would be on top, since there would be loads of servers running them, which increases their player count.

Edit: If we get into the DarkRP category, we will get many new players, but those players are used to a gameplay that we would be calling: 'messing around'.

We're also not even DarkRP as we're not using that GM. We also aren't light RP like DarkRP either so even if we get more people joining, they won't stick around as we would pretty much be lying to them. The latest gmod update added a search bar which should help with the gamemode list mess but apart from that there really isn't much you can do with the GM's position on the server list.

I don't think many of you understand the reason all those servers are labelled as DarkRP is because they're all sharing the same gamemode. Lying to get ourselves into that category won't help. The gamemode FL uses is very different to DarkRP and the server is also way more serious than almost all DarkRP servers. More people may join but i'd bet on them not staying as people searching in that category are looking for a light RP server with a gamemode they are familiar with. If anything we'd lose players like we did after the GM was renamed to CityRP 3 from CityRP.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork

Do it, we need players. Let the admins do their job and those who minge get banned.

admins don't want that, just let them rp, its not like they're supposed to answer @ calls. they only roleplay!!!!
(10-01-2019, 10:51 PM)Ratatoskrr Wrote:

Yeah nah i agree with Gh0st

Big surprise there aye
(10-01-2019, 11:01 PM)Pollux Wrote:

We're also not even DarkRP as we're not using that GM. We also aren't light RP like DarkRP either so even if we get more people joining, they won't stick around as we would pretty much be lying to them. The latest gmod update added a search bar which should help with the gamemode list mess but apart from that there really isn't much you can do with the GM's position on the server list.

I don't think many of you understand the reason all those servers are labelled as DarkRP is because they're all sharing the same gamemode. Lying to get ourselves into that category won't help. The gamemode FL uses is very different to DarkRP and the server is also way more serious than almost all DarkRP servers. More people may join but i'd bet on them not staying as people searching in that category are looking for a light RP server with a gamemode they are familiar with. If anything we'd lose players like we did after the GM was renamed to CityRP 3 from CityRP.

tbh, i think FL is on the same level, i see no serious RP, i just see low player count full of people speaking OOC'ly

I would kind of said, all the gun stores on darkRP are probably producing more rp than fl is.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 3 users Like don's post:
  • ryan!, konsta, Haarek
(10-02-2019, 12:18 AM)perqe Wrote:

tbh, i think FL is on the same level, i see no serious RP, i just see low player count full of people speaking OOC'ly

I would kind of said, all the gun stores on darkRP are probably producing more rp than fl is.
Its been a long time since ive seen a gunstore on fl lol, people used to fight over that job now its hardly used.
(10-02-2019, 01:11 AM)Forgee Wrote:

Its been a long time since ive seen a gunstore on fl lol, people used to fight over that job now its hardly used.

Last time I was on (29/09), there was a gunstore in the plaza area, so i think you're a bit incorrect.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

Soulripper is being active when has thus ever happened?
Quit with the surveys Soul and give me Super Admin to handle all of this!
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  •

Yes but a server isn't DarkRP because it doesn't have much RP, it is because of the GM. People searching in the DarkRP section are generally looking for a server with that familiar gamemode. We're not anything like DarkRP so we definitely won't retain many by pretending we are.

We also do still get quite a few new players joining, we just never keep most of them as the new player experience on the FL sucks. The issue isn't our position on the server list, it's the gamemode itself. No one wants to play with 5 FPS as soon as we hit over 50 players. Pretty much none of our jobs are really friendly towards new players as we have no tutorials and they mostly all force heavy player interaction which is tough with low hours.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork