Religion
Religion, isn't real, it has never been proved.

It's just someones belie in which other people believe.

This is peaceful, until someone manipulates that said belief, and it becomes something else.

In my opinion, they're idiotic and I have no clue why they're thing, but what i can say it has created some good, but also some bad culture.

But one positive, is the iconic buildings that come with religion, and further back in time, when religion came around everything historic events have took place, and historic buildings were made.

Without it, would we have these things probably not so you just have to let it be, and let it go where it goes.

But, whoever come up with religion was definitely high as a kite.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 2 users Like don's post:
  • Ghost, Seifenspende
people who have imaginary friends get bullied
but
people who believe in an imaginary man with a beard gets their own buildings and free red wine with bread
(09-25-2019, 07:38 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: I'm episcopalian, but I do not go to church or actively work with any religious group. I do believe in a higher power, but I don't think you need to go to a place of worship to believe in something like religion. Do what you want with your beliefs, just don't push them on me.

A cherry picking of favored values in the bible seems more to me like a understanding of morality through the basis of common sense. You are not using the bible as a mean to decide what is right or wrong and simply chose away the values that stride with your beliefs.

Your morality can be equally as decided without such a religion so my natural question is why you would base your belief on it?
Is it not preposterous to base your views in a higher power without proof? I am simply asking. 

My main opposition to religion of any sort is the indoctrination of children into any belief whatsoever. It is not with your belief or anyone else. Therefore I inherently agree with your last sentence.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Soviethooves
I believe family members should be allowed to indoctrinate children into their religion to a certain age. Why? Simply put having a religious background has benefits for finding friends and learning responsibility early on (at least in my community). Once they’re old enough they can choose to leave or stay with their chosen religion. There is no negative to a religion until it becomes violent or aggressive, which is constantly being put under scrutiny and corrected by the majority.
[Image: n0LLhCI.jpg]
I am certain you don’t know how indoctrination works, the child being brainwashed will almost never leave the religious cult this way, as it’s the only reality it would be being exposed to.

lol we live in the 21st century with religious people still around - make me lol
I don't see why people get so angry about religion, it should be about the individual and their choice. It seems now a days there are very little morals and faiths such as the Jewish and Protestant faiths guide people in the right direction and give many benefits like your local community that has your back and that you can solve your problems with. Cynical people try to make fun of that as they are scared of their own reality and try to cherrypick their own criticisms of these religions because they now in their own mind that they would benefit from religion but of course that is their own choice too.

I understand where the scepticism of religion comes from. I used to be the same, constantly questioning or making fun of it at school when being taught about religion because it was easy to do. People against it isolate it and to simplify religion but actually you come to realise the great benefits of religion and why we need it.
(09-29-2019, 12:05 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: I believe family members should be allowed to indoctrinate children into their religion to a certain age. Why? Simply put having a religious background has benefits for finding friends and learning responsibility early on (at least in my community). Once they’re old enough they can choose to leave or stay with their chosen religion. There is no negative to a religion until it becomes violent or aggressive, which is constantly being put under scrutiny and corrected by the majority.

I was not indoctrinated religious and had no problems finding friends or distinguishing right from wrong. 
Your community might be in turn religious, then it goes without saying it will be beneficial finding friends if you have the same beliefs. 
So really the reason it is beneficial to have a religious background in your community is because the community is religious.
If that was not the case however, it would be irrelevant. 

I disagree with you, because there is negative aspect to religion even though they are not aggressive. 
A perfect example of this is Creationism. A world view in which the world is 6000 years old and modern science is irrelevant compared to the holy writing of the bible. Creationists believe global warming is insignificant and only a natural process not made worse by man-made Co2 pollution. It also undermines many scientific theories and knowledge proven through observation. 
This worldview is taught to children all over mainly the United States. If you want to learn more about this ideology I highly suggest you search about Creationism especially 'Answers in genesis' and Ken Ham. 

Religion can also be a great thing and I am very careful about the way I lay my words because it is not all bad. But when it strides against scientific progress and indoctrinate children into believing without a critical thought process it is not only un-progressive but dangerous.
Visit my profile here.
(09-29-2019, 07:31 AM)Bobby Wrote: I understand where the scepticism of religion comes from. I used to be the same, constantly questioning or making fun of it at school when being taught about religion because it was easy to do.  People against it isolate it and to simplify religion but actually you come to realise the great benefits of religion and why we need it.

I am interested in hearing the great benefits of women oppression, thought crime, stoning of homsexuals and killing of infidels. 

There are benefits of religion however it seems you are tunnel-visioning on them.
Visit my profile here.
(10-24-2019, 01:53 PM)Midget Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 07:31 AM)Bobby Wrote: I understand where the scepticism of religion comes from. I used to be the same, constantly questioning or making fun of it at school when being taught about religion because it was easy to do.  People against it isolate it and to simplify religion but actually you come to realise the great benefits of religion and why we need it.

I am interested in hearing the great benefits of women oppression, thought crime, stoning of homsexuals and killing of infidels. 

There are benefits of religion however it seems you are tunnel-visioning on them.

You know there are other religions than islam right?
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
(10-24-2019, 04:22 PM)Eclipze Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 01:53 PM)Midget Wrote:

You know there are other religions than islam right?

The point is to underline the negative aspects of religion in general. Islam is a perfect example, however the examples given does not necessarily only convict Islam.
Visit my profile here.