Religion
(07-18-2019, 09:10 PM)Eclipze Wrote: Religion protects societies from degeneracy, thats one of the reasons I like religion.

I myself am a practicing orthodox christian.

Does it do that in modern society? I agree that it did but surely in modern societies with proper education this is not the case anymore?

(07-18-2019, 09:34 PM)Jan Wrote: Religion is one of the most idiotic things ever made up by men.

One could argue that without religion we would not be as established as we are now. I think religion is bound to happen in a society where you have no basis on what is correct or not. Was it stupid or inevitable?
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Agorith
I have an atheistic mind, which means I dont believe at all. No afterlife, no heaven and no god. Just nature.

But still I like the 'reformed' christianity, just from it's culture and it's traditional aspects. I'm happy to be a christian, but in the same time I hate the church. A bit complicated.
 Hope I helped in a way,

Regards, Laurin. (+Rep?)

[Image: FHtvBN8.png]
(07-19-2019, 12:49 PM)Midget Wrote:
(07-18-2019, 09:10 PM)Eclipze Wrote: Religion protects societies from degeneracy, thats one of the reasons I like religion.

Does it do that in modern society? I agree that it did but surely in modern societies with proper education this is not the case anymore?

In some parts of the world, yes. In eastern europe for example, religion is viewed in a whole other way than in the west. In serbia, where I originate from religion is very important and when I compare Swedish society to Serbian, Swedish society is much much more degenerate than in Serbia.
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
Per practice I am a Catholic, per belief I am an atheist.
Religious morals are necessary for society to function, but the actual theology is obsolete now, we have proven there is no afterlife or the Ark of Noah.
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
(07-18-2019, 07:37 PM)Midget Wrote: That's right, I just made another religion thread. 

Why?

Because I am interested in others opinions and want to discuss and learn views that oppose mine.

I'll keep the 'rules' simple, try to refrain from bringing up more than one or two points after answering another person.
You do not need to write down all your thoughts in one single post, that way it is easier to join the discussion. 

I do not believe there is enough evidence to rationally argue for the existence of a god. 
What is your views and what religion do you believe in?

I agree honestly. No disrespect to religious people but I just can't wrap my head around a god existing. I'm a strong believer in "Prove it or let me see with my eyes"
To be totally honest I just enjoy leaving all the religions to there things and keep my agnostic atheist lookin ass over here in the corner.
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
(07-19-2019, 12:54 PM)Laurinwookie Wrote: I have an atheistic mind, which means I dont believe at all. No afterlife, no heaven and no god. Just nature.

But still I like the 'reformed' christianity, just from it's culture and it's traditional aspects. I'm happy to be a christian, but in the same time I hate the church. A bit complicated.

Makes sense, moving along.
The following 1 user Likes Agorith's post:
  • RaZZ
(07-19-2019, 03:30 PM)Eclipze Wrote:

In some parts of the world, yes. In eastern europe for example, religion is viewed in a whole other way than in the west. In serbia, where I originate from religion is very important and when I compare Swedish society to Serbian, Swedish society is much much more degenerate than in Serbia.

Is it though, or might mass immigration have something to do with it?
(07-20-2019, 09:42 AM)Agorith Wrote:
(07-19-2019, 03:30 PM)Eclipze Wrote:

Is it though, or might mass immigration have something to do with it?

No not really. It’s more our liberal society and our liberalizing of sex. Some Muslims I know who are religious are much less degenerate than Swedes I know, even tho I don’t agree with them in terms of their religious views they make more sense atheists.
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
(07-20-2019, 09:41 AM)Agorith Wrote:
(07-19-2019, 12:54 PM)Laurinwookie Wrote: I have an atheistic mind, which means I dont believe at all. No afterlife, no heaven and no god. Just nature.

But still I like the 'reformed' christianity, just from it's culture and it's traditional aspects. I'm happy to be a christian, but in the same time I hate the church. A bit complicated.

Makes sense, moving along.

Have you read my post at all? It seems that you didn't understood. Let me explain: I'm happy to be a christian, because of it's culture and traditional aspects. Also I get quite the nostalgic feelings when I look back, visiting the church as a child. But in the same time I have an atheistic mind and I dont believe into something. Just pure nature. Sorry, if you still didn't understand, but I can't get it any clearer. Btw you are still a christian, even if you dont believe. You are getting born/baptized as a christian. It's just on the paper, but it's still a fact.
 Hope I helped in a way,

Regards, Laurin. (+Rep?)

[Image: FHtvBN8.png]