New Map? - Discussion
(04-29-2019, 05:29 PM)Arny Wrote: honestly, i kinda dig https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...chaos+city

if not, then new exton2 sex

Damn actually that looks delicious.
 [Image: ZOfygkU.png]
(05-02-2019, 08:53 PM)Ryan Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 08:36 PM)Forgee Wrote: After further looking into Ranox City I dont believe it would be a good move for FL, the frames were actually worse than V4B1 on Singleplayer and most buildings are already pre-furnished.

Could devs not remove pre furnishings? If that isn’t the case I would rather V5P

If these are just world props, its easy to remove.

[Image: NkvEySV.png]

The following 1 user Likes Mr. Flaminator's post:
  • Alphaverse
(05-02-2019, 08:36 PM)Forgee Wrote: After further looking into Ranox City I dont believe it would be a good move for FL, the frames were actually worse than V4B1 on Singleplayer and most buildings are already pre-furnished.

Most of the props can be removed as they're world props, a lot of the buildings are also empty anyway for dupes. No map will magically give you all amazing FPS, so I don't think it should be a major consideration (not saying completely ignore it, just there isn't much you can do with just a map). The FPS on Ranox seemed to be fine with the FL gamemode too with a few people on, I think it's slightly better than V4B1.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-03-2019, 12:11 AM)Pollux Wrote:

Most of the props can be removed as they're world props, a lot of the buildings are also empty anyway for dupes. No map will magically give you all amazing FPS, so I don't think it should be a major consideration (not saying completely ignore it, just there isn't much you can do with just a map). The FPS on Ranox seemed to be fine with the FL gamemode too with a few people on, I think it's slightly better than V4B1.

Most of them are not world props, the hotel and the apartments both have props in the rooms that cannot be removed without editing the map its self. Making it impossible to decorate the room your self.
(05-03-2019, 11:59 AM)Coffee Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 12:11 AM)Pollux Wrote:

Most of them are not world props, the hotel and the apartments both have props in the rooms that cannot be removed without editing the map its self. Making it impossible to decorate the room your self.

I was referring to the shops, which are the most commonly used buildings for dupes. The apartments do have a lot of empty space though and seem to be quite minimal in furniture. I think it's more personal preference at this point, some people like having pre-made props to make it feel less empty without dupes and some just want completely blank spaces. The props in the middle of shops are all world props though, so at least you can make large dupes inside them with ease (unlike currently with the clothing store on V4B1). I do still think Ranox has less annoying world props than V4B1 and Chaoscity though.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork

Include V4B1 to see how many people actually want change
The following 2 users Like Rossi's post:
  • mintblackbeard, Lewwings

Which buildings specifically?

Here's a small compilation of empty/extremely minimally furnished interiors on Ranox:

[Image: 0Bp0xYP.jpg]as for frames, I had far worse frames on singleplayer Pines V2 than I did when it was on the server, so I think it's hugely down to your addons etc.
The following 1 user Likes [LT] Sparx's post:
  • Pollux
If and when we are to take this to a vote, I think we need to remember specifically WHY we're changing in the first place.

V4B1 is too laggy and we're trying to avoid maps that are too big, V5P being changed for that very reason and then V2D being a bit of a mess on the aggressive side of things.

Personally, I would like to see Ranox win, mainly as it's something new - however I don't care too much as long as it's the right choice for FL. 

I see a lot of buzz surrounding Chaos city, and I really like the map, however it's so much bigger than v4b1 and I really don't see it solving any of the issues we have on v4b1 - If we were to switch how long would it be until we go through this again?
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
Chaos city is pretty much the same size as v4b1, just more spread out and in one single circuit. Also the hospital is in the city meaning it might actually get used, there are two entrances to the city which is a plus and a nicer main Street.
The following 1 user Likes Coffee's post:
  • Lewwings