New Map? - Discussion
v2d!?
v2d but revamped
(04-29-2019, 09:18 PM)Mr.SkarKasm Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 09:01 PM)Lewwings Wrote: Regarding the upcoming poll after a week or so, will the votes cast for whatever option be public or private?

Additionally, will ALL users be allowed to vote, or only those who have played recently for a bit of time (say 30minutes-1hour), to prevent votes from those who aren't involved or troll votes?

That ain't how voting works on the forums, plus all should be allowed to vote, like me because even though the last time I played was in november, I want a better map fps wise so I can come back and actually play.

<<<I disagree, especially if you haven’t played for 6 months, you’re not involved and therefore aren’t properly informed enough to vote in my opinion.>>>

Chaos city sounds good, but, I don't have word on its performance.

I rather we all go vack to the good old times of v2d. It was small and sweet, and it was just the perfect size.

<<<yeah, pass>>>

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

V2D, the people that claim it had its days weren’t even active at the time V2D was so what are you on about...
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • don
(04-29-2019, 09:46 PM)Jan Wrote: V2D, the people that claim it had its days weren’t even active at the time V2D was so what are you on about...

2018 showed us enough, it showed modern FL with V2D, not old FL with V2D

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

Can I suggest that it isn't done as a forum vote but instead as an ingame one?
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork

A map like V5P despite its size allows for both aggressive and passive RP to occur and the map isn’t overly outdated.
Kind Regards,
RedPanda
Fearless Veteran

Did I help you today? +Rep
[Image: f9VS5YA.png]
The following 1 user Likes RedPanda's post:
  • Lewwings
V2D and v33x are the OG maps but it's time to put those in the past I reckon - but look for maps with similarities. Thanks Siphon for those screenshots and information. Chaos city looks mint and will defiantly be checking that out!
The following 2 users Like god's post:
  • Luna, Eclipze
Never even heard of Chaos City until Siphon posted it, actually looks like a winner.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 1 user Likes Envy's post:
  • Luna
My take on this:

v5p - Yes it is big and nice, however, everything is split up quite a bit and areas like the industrial were just thrown on the side of the road like it was nothing, and the lake was surrounded by cliffs that made it small and ugly. The most important part is that this map does not loop!  Very annoying not being able to drive in a circle and loop back to where you started. 

Pines - A nice map all in all, but the Nexus area and police station and such just looks a bit fake and the city planning is not the best, however, does have very nice homes, industrial, and neighboorhood. For some odd reason, however, the FD is away from everything else in a second industrial area?  Idk, a bit weird

V2d - What the hell is this?  2012?   The map is very ugly and does not loop which again, is a major thing. The layout is garbage with many errors. This would not be the best choice of maps. Those who argue and say "It brought back players and made the server full" Is only because this map is labeled as an aggressive RP map due to the slums and everything.

Chaos - For the love of god if I see another knock off or expanded version of an Evocity map I'm going to...... Well nothing but still. It's not going to bring change and is massive for FL's player base. I don't see this change helping that much

TrueNorth - Beautiful map that looks like it actually takes place in 2019. Very nice city and countryside with a lovely little lake and the industrial area is amazing, all the little stores and roads are very good looking as well. However, it is a big map as well and as said above, I'm not sure FL's player base can make this work.

Rockford - I personally like this a lot, it has its flaws like every other map, but it works nicely. With the circling roads, nice suburbs, and high-quality textures, this map could seem like a nice fit. The best thing about this map to me is that there are no tunnels to get to things, it all looks open and real how it is, the city, industrial, store plaza area, and suburbs are all out in the open and you can see them far away because having to go through tunnels doesn't matter on this map.

Ranox - I like the map, it's very nice and fits FL. There are some issues with it in terms of layout for me. The city could have had a much better layout, the ocean is super small and so is the lake in terms of having a yacht in it. There are tons of preset props in buildings which will drive me nuts when I want to make my own design and I don't see a lot of areas to build custom builds, but of course, there are areas that could work. Keep in mind the traffic lights do NOT work and there are many windows that you can't see through and for the apartments, the balconies are unusable even when there is a door clearing leading to it.

Everything summed up, I would not mind having 1. Rockford  2. TrueNorth  3. Ranox    Rockford to me sounds like the best, but then again I really do like TrueNorth and Ranox so I'm not sure.