rp on mac problems
Downloaded rp_evocity_v2d from website and placed it in correct folder, now when i load gmod and connect to the server it closes and shows an error message. Anyone else had this and know how to fix it?
What error message?
I believe Nudel can help you with this being that he has a Mac.
Try joining single player first,then join the server without disconnecting from single player,this will work if you had the same prob as me
I'm running Garry's Mod on Mac myself and to be honest, it's a bitch.

I really have no idea why it keeps crashing sometimes. There are days where it's working without problems and connects to any server easily. On other days it keeps loading slowly and keeps crashing as soon as I'm on the loading screen.
Joining singleplayer before, deleting the cache folder DOES NOT HELP.

The only thing which helps for me sometimes is restarting the whole Mac and trying to connect immediately after it is up again, but that could really be just luck.

I'll find out one day what it is but at the moment I really don't have an idea.
Dare to think!
(01-28-2012, 01:52 AM)Nudelholz Wrote: I'm running Garry's Mod on Mac myself and to be honest, it's a bitch.

I really have no idea why it keeps crashing sometimes. There are days where it's working without problems and connects to any server easily. On other days it keeps loading slowly and keeps crashing as soon as I'm on the loading screen.
Joining singleplayer before, deleting the cache folder DOES NOT HELP.

The only thing which helps for me sometimes is restarting the whole Mac and trying to connect immediately after it is up again, but that could really be just luck.

I'll find out one day what it is but at the moment I really don't have an idea.

The problem is as the server is on the loading screen, as it downloads and the bar in the bottom right is near the end it all closes and then the error message "... has quit unexpectedly" i'm running Lion at the moment but was wondering if i could re download the game without charge through steam on bootcamp? or will i have to fork out another £15?
(01-28-2012, 12:54 PM)nsharpington Wrote: The problem is as the server is on the loading screen, as it downloads and the bar in the bottom right is near the end it all closes and then the error message "... has quit unexpectedly" i'm running Lion at the moment but was wondering if i could re download the game without charge through steam on bootcamp? or will i have to fork out another £15?

Just login to your normal Steam account?!

Btw. Sometimes mine is working when I remove the "cache" folder out of the garrysmod folder.
Dare to think!
(01-28-2012, 12:58 PM)Nudelholz Wrote:
(01-28-2012, 12:54 PM)nsharpington Wrote: The problem is as the server is on the loading screen, as it downloads and the bar in the bottom right is near the end it all closes and then the error message "... has quit unexpectedly" i'm running Lion at the moment but was wondering if i could re download the game without charge through steam on bootcamp? or will i have to fork out another £15?

Btw. Sometimes mine is working when I remove the "cache" folder out of the garrysmod folder.

Gave it a restart and made a bit of progress. Now i can load the map and walk around for a bit before the same "hl2_osx has quit unexpectedly"
(01-28-2012, 12:58 PM)Nudelholz Wrote:

Thanks Cheese it works on mac now, i just delete the cache folder before everytime i log in Cheese
Well there's your problem! Your using a Mac