RPP Recommendations
Well, it could certainly work - always worth giving it a try.
Kind Regards,

Signature is too big. - Haarek
I've got high hopes for this new system. As Awestruck said, it's trial and error and it's worth testing to see if it does manage to improve the RPP situation. I assume more RPP rewards will follow too, in time.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Zona
*Removes Teachers*
*Has a problem with giving out RPP'S because there are no more teachers*
*Adds a template to get RPP'S instead of bringing teachers back*

oof
The following 1 user Likes DreeBott's post:
  • mintblackbeard
Tbf I still think a Teacher team would be alot better than this alternative.
Not to bash on this but uh yeah.
The following 5 users Like Agorith's post:
  • Eclipze, Wolven, mintblackbeard, DreeBott, Lewwings
I don't quite understand what the goal is with this introduction. The teacher team was implemented so you had players that you could trust to ensure the server is running smoothly in regards to RP. Looking at the guidelines for the RPP recommendations, it seems to be the similar guidelines to what we had back when the Teacher team was a thing, effectively, you have turned the whole server into being your teacher team, this, as said above, will be taken advantage of. Some Players giving the wrong information in OOC (causing players to be punished), and now more players getting RPPs for shoddy RPs that lasted 5 minutes on a dead server.

Back in 2016, as a Teacher, I know that we would stick around the RP for quite a while, observing whether an RP was actually occurring, before handing out a roleplay point, we weren't just Teachers, but players you could trust to hand these out and give the correct information. A few screenshots and perhaps a 5 minute video isn't sufficient in regards to handing out these points.

Considering both SAs and Divey have been Teacher Liaisons in the past, and that Joe Joe, Forgee, and especially Panda have all been Teachers in the past. I would've thought that bringing back the Teacher team would be the next step to improve RP, since they have all experienced first hand, the impact the Teacher team had. But hey, what do I know?
The following 5 users Like Create's post:
  • Wolven, Zona, Kaashmeere, Grape, DreeBott
(03-29-2019, 09:48 AM)Random Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 09:39 AM)Yonno Wrote: Would I be able to post a recommendation of myself? Surely I shouldnt need another player to record a video of me roleplaying if I could just record it from my own POV.

If the performance is then worthy of a reward, the outcome is the same, except for the fact that you won't have to be reliant on others. This could be particularly helpful for less popular players or when good performances just go under the radar.

But then you could just act as if you are roleplaying for a bit and then end the recording, or just be really lazy.

Naturally this could be the case when someone else recommends you, too. Ultimately all action would be logged so it'd be easy for an admin to have a look whether or not extensive roleplay actually took place other than the footage provided. Anyone can act at any time.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
(03-29-2019, 12:36 PM)Create Wrote: I don't quite understand what the goal is with this introduction. The teacher team was implemented so you had players that you could trust to ensure the server is running smoothly in regards to RP. Looking at the guidelines for the RPP recommendations, it seems to be the similar guidelines to what we had back when the Teacher team was a thing, effectively, you have turned the whole server into being your teacher team, this, as said above, will be taken advantage of. Some Players giving the wrong information in OOC (causing players to be punished), and now more players getting RPPs for shoddy RPs that lasted 5 minutes on a dead server.

You must be reading something im clearly not reading; where does it say we expect players to give the wrong information in OOC? Where does it say this is the replacement to the teacher role? Where does it say we're going to be giving roleplays to people who are roleplaying for 5 minutes?

(03-29-2019, 12:36 PM)Create Wrote: But hey, what do I know?

Not much, just loads of assumptions which have no factual basis.
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Coffee
(03-29-2019, 02:55 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 12:36 PM)Create Wrote: I don't quite understand what the goal is with this introduction. The teacher team was implemented so you had players that you could trust to ensure the server is running smoothly in regards to RP. Looking at the guidelines for the RPP recommendations, it seems to be the similar guidelines to what we had back when the Teacher team was a thing, effectively, you have turned the whole server into being your teacher team, this, as said above, will be taken advantage of. Some Players giving the wrong information in OOC (causing players to be punished), and now more players getting RPPs for shoddy RPs that lasted 5 minutes on a dead server.

You must be reading something im clearly not reading; where does it say we expect players to give the wrong information in OOC? Where does it say this is the replacement to the teacher role? Where does it say we're going to be giving roleplays to people who are roleplaying for 5 minutes?

(03-29-2019, 12:36 PM)Create Wrote: But hey, what do I know?

Not much, just loads of assumptions which have no factual basis.

I am just stating that it has been known for some players to give the wrong information in OOC as opposed to the information that a Teacher would give back when /help was a thing. As for the replacement for Teacher, I'm simply suggesting that the removal of the Teacher rank was not ideal, I stated that then, and I'm stating that now. As I mentioned in my post, a few screenshots and a video doesn't show the length and depth in which an RP is taking place. I didn't say you were going to be giving them out. Screenshots and Videos do not give enough insight to the RP, whereas a dedicated player (Teacher) would.

As for your little comment there, you could be giving constructive feedback to my points rather than making sly comments because I'm suggesting a different alternative to the one announced. Apologies if you're offended by that.
The following 2 users Like Create's post:
  • Yonno, DreeBott
(03-29-2019, 11:44 AM)DreeBott Wrote: *Removes Teachers*

oof

This was just our first step, we have other plans in the works  Wink You'll find out soon
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 4 users Like Divey's post:
  • Agorith, Kaashmeere, Grizzly, Wolven
(03-29-2019, 04:16 PM)Divey Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 11:44 AM)DreeBott Wrote: *Removes Teachers*

oof

This was just our first step, we have other plans in the works  Wink You'll find out soon

I'm liking the sound of that  Eggplant  Wink
Kind Regards,
Grizzly