Ban wipe.
(03-05-2019, 09:55 PM)Yonno Wrote: People that are banned and are still interested in the community should post an unban request. Period.

Need we say anymore?
Last time a ban wipe happened I was staff and my god it was an absolute shit show.

The amount of players returning solely to break rules and try and crash the server etc, it’s not worth it and just gives staff more problems to deal with, and it sounds they’re understaffed as it is which is enough reason to say no.

Like Yonno said, if anyone wanted to return, they can/would post an unban, if not then stay banned.

A ban wipe will solve no problems Fearless is currently undergoing, simple as that.
The following 2 users Like Falc's post:
  • DVN, Agorith
(03-07-2019, 09:59 AM)Falc Wrote: Last time a ban wipe happened I was staff and my god it was an absolute shit show.

The amount of players returning solely to break rules and try and crash the server etc, it’s not worth it and just gives staff more problems to deal with, and it sounds they’re understaffed as it is which is enough reason to say no.

Like Yonno said, if anyone wanted to return, they can/would post an unban, if not then stay banned.

A ban wipe will solve no problems Fearless is currently undergoing, simple as that.

With this being said.

I agree with this, one minge can run riot on the server for 45 minutes with staff on the server or without.

On one occasion not mentioning names i had to join the server after i heard people moaning in discord about a cdmer. They had been making @ calls for 445 minutes. It took me to go to OOC to publicly call them out for them to even check logs and do somet.

So yeh, if the staff get active then maybe, it could do some good its 50/50 it either goes good or bad, its about gambling. However, FL dont like to gamble so it wont happen.

Realistically, staff need to be on more, some have their reasons and you have to respect that, they have to encourage and reward roleplay as they have the teachers job on their hand now.

But, even us as players need to make an effort to get on and play and create an enjoyable atmosphere involving everyone new or old, aggressive or passive.

The biggest problem with FL is people being stuck up when it comes to the community divide. This is with the aggressive and passive split. Its nothing to argue and cry about just be as one community all get along and lets enjoy the time while it lasts. Who knows by coming together it makes the devs jobs easier with adding stuff because there isnt constant arguing over certain updates.

I know I've seen it in game where this split has effected roleplay because of the arguing on the forums someone wont go in someones dupe and if they do its to potentially tarnish it. This isnt on all occasion but its happened and its something not to ignore.

In my very own opinion both aggressive and passive have been poor. The passive RP is dead and anyone who calls themself a passive rper and hates on aggressive should be ashamed because i dont see them roleplaying, nor making an effort to improve roleplay.

Also, same stands for an aggressive standpoint i see no roleplay anymore. Its just constant raids on the pres, and base after base being raded. I remember the negotiations that used to last 30 minutes, the tension waiting for someone to make a move. It was all more played out, now the mentality is just to shoot on site.

In my opinion, until both sets of players know that the community is in trouble and that both of the sides of roleplay are pretty fucking shit, it wont improve. The staff team cant force this on people, you cant pin this on them the community as a whole need to have a good think, myself included this goes for everyone. Efforts need to be made here and there no matter how big or small. Something is better than nothing.

What the staff could do is try and implement rules to stop this.
  • For example, a base needs to have a purpose whether its defending something or for a roleplay.
  • Bring back the dictator rule that you need to wait 15 minutes to go dictator or even 30 minutes to stop the constant cops vs robbers

Things like this could prevent these things. But both sides of the community are to blame. Its easier to pick out aggressive problems because there is always a rule you can kind of put in place to alter the style and way it runs.

But for a passive standpoint it isnt the same no rule will change it, its just pure laziness and no effort putting in. So atleast the aggressive bunch are putting a little effort in whether it is shooting or raiding its an aspect of a game, just doesnt need to be so constant and could be done in a better manor.

Also, one person is MJ. Ever since his return he has transformed the government, in terms of the police. The roleplay has gradually picked up and got better since he has been involved pushing people on and teaching them. Whenever, i play with him on the force hes a great person, and player. Massive respect for putting in work as others bitch alot, but do fuck all about time for some people who chat shit to back it up, pull your finger out your arse or you wont have a platform to chat shit over, prove you care and do something. Back up what you're saying.

rant over. some will agree some wont but its my opinion so is what it is. I would like to see myself as pretty neutral.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 1 user Likes don's post:
  • Dimitris
(03-07-2019, 01:18 PM)perqe Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 09:59 AM)Falc Wrote: Last time a ban wipe happened I was staff and my god it was an absolute shit show.

With this being said.

I agree with this, one minge can run riot on the server for 45 minutes with staff on the server or without.

On one occasion not mentioning names i had to join the server after i heard people moaning in discord about a cdmer. They had been making @ calls for 445 minutes. It took me to go to OOC to publicly call them out for them to even check logs and do somet.

So yeh, if the staff get active then maybe, it could do some good its 50/50 it either goes good or bad, its about gambling. However, FL dont like to gamble so it wont happen.

Realistically, staff need to be on more, some have their reasons and you have to respect that, they have to encourage and reward roleplay as they have the teachers job on their hand now.

But, even us as players need to make an effort to get on and play and create an enjoyable atmosphere involving everyone new or old, aggressive or passive.

The biggest problem with FL is people being stuck up when it comes to the community divide. This is with the aggressive and passive split. Its nothing to argue and cry about just be as one community all get along and lets enjoy the time while it lasts. Who knows by coming together it makes the devs jobs easier with adding stuff because there isnt constant arguing over certain updates.

I know I've seen it in game where this split has effected roleplay because of the arguing on the forums someone wont go in someones dupe and if they do its to potentially tarnish it. This isnt on all occasion but its happened and its something not to ignore.

In my very own opinion both aggressive and passive have been poor. The passive RP is dead and anyone who calls themself a passive rper and hates on aggressive should be ashamed because i dont see them roleplaying, nor making an effort to improve roleplay.

Also, same stands for an aggressive standpoint i see no roleplay anymore. Its just constant raids on the pres, and base after base being raded. I remember the negotiations that used to last 30 minutes, the tension waiting for someone to make a move. It was all more played out, now the mentality  is just to shoot on site.

In my opinion, until both sets of players know that the community is in trouble and that both of the sides of roleplay are pretty fucking shit, it wont improve. The staff team cant force this on people, you cant pin this on them the community as a whole need to have a good think, myself included this goes for everyone. Efforts need to be made here and there no matter how big or small. Something is better than nothing.

• For example, a base needs to have a purpose whether its defending something or for a roleplay.
  • Bring back the dictator rule that you need to wait 15 minutes to go dictator or even 30 minutes to stop the constant cops vs robbers

Things like this could prevent these things. But both sides of the community are to blame. Its easier to pick out aggressive problems because there is always a rule you can kind of put in place to alter the style and way it runs.

But for a passive standpoint it isnt the same no rule will change it, its just pure laziness and no effort putting in. So atleast the aggressive bunch are putting a little effort in whether it is shooting or raiding its an aspect of a game, just doesnt need to be so constant and could be done in a better manor.

Also, one person is MJ. Ever since his return he has transformed the government, in terms of the police. The roleplay has gradually picked up and got better since he has been involved pushing people on and teaching them. Whenever, i play with him on the force hes a great person, and player. Massive respect for putting in work as others bitch alot, but do fuck all about time for some people who chat shit to back it up, pull your finger out your arse or you wont have a platform to chat shit over, prove you care and do something. Back up what you're saying.

rant over. some will agree some wont but its my opinion so is what it is. I would like to see myself as pretty neutral.

I couldn't agree any more.
A ban wipe is a horrible idea. I still wish all my old bans were visible.

However, I'll be the genius to suggest this since no one else has tried to make a middle ground on this. Why not just unperm everyone who is currently permed ( outside the past say month) but all bans stay. So people coming of perms can come back and given another chance if they truly want to play here, but all are on a last chance once more?
(03-12-2019, 03:35 AM)Fultz Wrote: A ban wipe is a horrible idea. I still wish all my old bans were visible.

However, I'll be the genius to suggest this since no one else has tried to make a middle ground on this. Why not just unperm everyone who is currently permed ( outside the past say month) but all bans stay. So people coming of perms can come back and given another chance if they truly want to play here, but all are on a last chance once more?

Oh, do you mean the new permaban policy thingie:
Quote:A Permanent ban cannot be disputed unless solid evidence is provided proving your innocence.

Permanent bans really mean forever, which means you will never be unbanned.
Permanent bans are reserved for ToS. Any ban greater than BanID: 79180 will be affected by this original policy.
This means any permanent ban before this ID does have a chance of redemption, considering they haven't broke ToS, if we feel they have been banned long enough, are sincere, or deserve it. (Case-by-case basis).

I would somewhat agree actually. On a case-by-case basis, they should have some chance of returning after enough time has passed since the ban. That, of course, depends on their ban and how they behave. If they genuinely wish to return and take the server seriously, they should have a chance to return.

Though hard permabans are mainly for serious offenses, like considerable ToS breach or some other major issue.
Even pitty hacks like ESPs usually only result in a soft perm, which is a 1-2 year ban. If someone says they have a hard perm which is pretty hard to get, then it should be taken with a grain of salt. 

But as mentioned in the new permaban policy, everyone permabanned before banID: 79180, which was in December 2017, has a chance of returning by simply making a UBR, so they are still free to make a UBR.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
(03-12-2019, 05:01 AM)TheSiphon Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 03:35 AM)Fultz Wrote: A ban wipe is a horrible idea. I still wish all my old bans were visible.

Oh, do you mean the new permaban policy thingie:
Quote:A Permanent ban cannot be disputed unless solid evidence is provided proving your innocence.

Permanent bans really mean forever, which means you will never be unbanned.
Permanent bans are reserved for ToS. Any ban greater than BanID: 79180 will be affected by this original policy.
This means any permanent ban before this ID does have a chance of redemption, considering they haven't broke ToS, if we feel they have been banned long enough, are sincere, or deserve it. (Case-by-case basis).

I would somewhat agree actually. On a case-by-case basis, they should have some chance of returning after enough time has passed since the ban. That, of course, depends on their ban and how they behave. If they genuinely wish to return and take the server seriously, they should have a chance to return.

Though hard permabans are mainly for serious offenses, like considerable ToS breach or some other major issue.
Even pitty hacks like ESPs usually only result in a soft perm, which is a 1-2 year ban. If someone says they have a hard perm which is pretty hard to get, then it should be taken with a grain of salt. 

But as mentioned in the new permaban policy, everyone permabanned before banID: 79180, which was in December 2017, has a chance of returning by simply making a UBR, so they are still free to make a UBR.

Trust me. I agree with what is in place. I'm not saying that.

I'm just suggesting a proposal that meets in the middle. Kids want a full ban wipe here. Everyone else is saying make an Ubr if you want unbanned. All I am saying is why not meet in the middle and just skip the Ubr part and just unban all perms or even reduce all year +bans. 

So instead of quoting things at me that I already know about, why don't we try and discuss a potential middle ground that will appease everyone?
(03-07-2019, 01:18 PM)perqe Wrote:

With this being said.

Also, same stands for an aggressive standpoint i see no roleplay anymore. Its just constant raids on the pres, and base after base being raded. I remember the negotiations that used to last 30 minutes, the tension waiting for someone to make a move. It was all more played out, now the mentality  is just to shoot on site.

Thanks perqe. Whenever I come on I always try my best to do Police RP as it’s something I enjoy and enjoy helping others RP it like I do to. I try my best to do these RPs so there’s at least something going on in relation to RP on the server. 

I think a ban wipe would only work well if there was a active staff team on to counter these players who will supposedly come on to minge. Not all of them will, and that amount that won’t are needed to boost our playerbase, because right now it isn’t great. So, if there are people on the staff team who aren’t willing to raise their activity in preparedness for a ban wipe, then there’s no point as no one will be there to stop the minges coming back on.
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
The following 1 user Likes TheMJ's post:
  • don
Well, I do support the idea of a ban wipe, however for a ban wipe to actually happen we need an active staff team(which we do not currently have).
The following 2 users Like Dimitris's post:
  • Zulu, CorieTheNub
Yes, 100% ban wipe