Staff Members
anyone else love 3 pound meal deals
The following 4 users Like Exotic's post:
  • Envy, General Rickets, Zulu, Wolven
I’m not trying to hate or be anti community here but but the staff activity as a whole is fine because of the moderators and trial admins.

Admin activity is absolute shit and everyone knows it. Hardly any of them play on an active basis apart from a very small few.

Has anybody noticed the player count recently? It’s diabolical, worse than ever before, it’s like nobody gives a shit about trying to repopulate from the admin/SA side. You could be doing internal things but people are leaving by the day so let’s sort it.
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • Flame..
FL's problem is that they "hire" staff members that have already played 1500+ hours. These players grow tired of the game sooner or later. It would make more sense to hire players with 300+ hours to administrate the server. And no, I don't mean anyone is liable to become an admin because certain people lack basic human values like empathy, honesty and loyalty. While, yes of course there should be an age limit, and as I can tell you from being here for a while, the problem admins are statistically always the younger ones, not low hours.

Only basic privileges to administrate are needed. Noclip, Teleporting, Banning, kicking,  Etc. If you want your server administrated and stop the influx of high hour admins loosing interest and not being active, hire lower hour players that will have an interest in the game longer. An admin is not a rocket scientist, all he needs to be is loyal and willing to learn.

Admins on FL are(at least was) very well known and glorified, and I agree with this value. But ultimately you become known for your capability in understanding and activity because people start to know who you are. There should still be a picking process where you find the best candidates as there is now, all I am saying is that there should(Needs) to be considered "lower" hour players as well.

Remember, that before, the people hired to be admins had the same amount of hours as the people who had played here the longest. But keep in mind that the admins that had a lot of hours at that time  had 300 - 550. (Which was a lot back then!).
Now I think we can all agree that the best era of administrators was at that time. So my point is, there is a certain point where the hours become close to irrelevant and you should rather be focusing more on judge of character and loyalty.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
I may as well put my opinion on here if anyone cares.

I sort of have to agree with Midgets point, from around 500 hours I wanted to become staff yet I finally got it 1700+ hours later, I did some unbelievably stupid things now and then however it was just a reflection of me losing hope and I thought I would never get a staff position... maybe it wouldn't hurt to trial a possible different system of staff recruitment after 10 years just to see how it goes, if it doesn't go well then it can always be changed back.

However in saying that, staff activity isn't poor. I do believe over the past few months staff activity has increased quite considerably, and what needs to be understood is that you wont find a staff member on every minute of the day.
The following 2 users Like Kippsee's post:
  • Haarek, Zona
(02-22-2019, 11:51 PM)Arny Wrote:
(02-22-2019, 11:50 PM)General Rickets Wrote: i went downstairs for a sandwich and we have 4 pages oh no

how was your sandwich?

It was nice, ham cheese and onion. Fell asleep eating it tho...

OT: People can vouch, whenever i'm asked and able to join I join. Some staff need to adopt a similar mindset. Taking 20 minutes out of your game so even 4 players on FL can enjoy it again is how it should be, admin comes first before other games but not actual life.

The following 4 users Like General Rickets's post:
  • RedPanda, Luna, Random, Wolven
(02-23-2019, 12:17 AM)Zona Wrote: I do feel like there has been a staff member online like almost every hour. They are pretty decent now with the current TA and Moderators. Also btw ... Wolven! Wtf? I wake up around 10 AM and hope on the server, and you are on. I play the whole day, and you are on. I go to bed at 3 AM and you are still on. The next day I wake up at 11 AM, hope on the server and you are on once again! ** Clap clap **

Yes wolven is a very active staff member, same with General Rickets.
but there are still some admins/staff that have there role for nothing, we have admins that help situations and then we have the admins that sit on other games doing what they like not helping FL players
The following 1 user Likes Flame..'s post:
  • Wolven
(02-23-2019, 09:23 AM)JackZ Wrote: I’m not trying to hate or be anti community here but but the staff activity as a whole is fine because of the moderators and trial admins.

Admin activity is absolute shit and everyone knows it. Hardly any of them play on an active basis apart from a very small few.

Has anybody noticed the player count recently? It’s diabolical, worse than ever before, it’s like nobody gives a shit about trying to repopulate from the admin/SA side. You could be doing internal things but people are leaving by the day so let’s sort it.

I like how they have brought back the moderator role because it will now let other players attempt to reach this role and have a little go at being a member of staff on an alright server, 

As you said the Admin Activity is quite bad

Same with the player base, i remember when the FL community had max players, 75/75 late at night it would be something round 40/75 or 50/75

The playerbase has dropped so much
(02-23-2019, 12:34 AM)Awestruck Wrote: Staff Activity will never be perfect, especially in an unpaid role such as this. I give credit to those that are active and doing their best to keep the server clean, such as Rickets and others, but can also understand why some may be in-active. I'm almost certain that it's not ignored as the Super Admins do a good job.

Threads like these can be a good platform to give opinions on such a matter and from experience can tell you that they don't get ignored.

Staff activity does not need to be perfect, nothing is perfect, i respect the point they need time to themselves but they need to help in some sort of way, they have the rank for a reason, its to help a community. If they dont want to help then why do they still have the role
(02-23-2019, 10:16 AM)Flame.. Wrote: Staff activity does not need to be perfect, nothing is perfect, i respect the point they need time to themselves but they need to help in some sort of way, they have the rank for a reason, its to help a community. If they dont want to help then why do they still have the role

You've summed it up quite well.

It is one of the reasons why I resigned/ left FL. I had enough and I found it ridiculous to stay because of a voluntary role, I didn't feel the need to prolong my time here just because of arbitrary "power"
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

The following 2 users Like Huskii's post:
  • Kippsee, General Rickets
(02-23-2019, 10:02 AM)General Rickets Wrote:
(02-22-2019, 11:51 PM)Arny Wrote:
(02-22-2019, 11:50 PM)General Rickets Wrote: i went downstairs for a sandwich and we have 4 pages oh no

how was your sandwich?

It was nice, ham cheese and onion. Fell asleep eating it tho...

OT: People can vouch, whenever i'm asked and able to join I join. Some staff need to adopt a similar mindset. Taking 20 minutes out of your game so even 4 players on FL can enjoy it again is how it should be, admin comes first before other games but not actual life.

Rickets saying it as it is.
The following 1 user Likes Agorith's post:
  • General Rickets