Brexit
(02-21-2019, 12:37 PM)General Rickets Wrote: I have no issue with EU immigrants I work with a large number of Germans, Austrians, Polish and Irish (RoI) people but I’m not going to waffle Jan sums it up pretty much perfectly. No point in repeating the bloke.

It’s the ones out of the EU that come here and expect us to adapt around their ridiculous cultures and beliefs.

please read my post above, I am of the same view point as you but I don’t think Brexit solves the issue of Arab immigrants, to solve that issue we must reform the EU and prevent them from coming to Europe in the first place place.
The following 3 users Like juicyorange's post:
  • Janzo 火, Huskii, General Rickets
Brexit is a temporary mess, which is logical because any big change to any country will result in needing time to adjust.

Give it some time and in a couple of years you will all realise how good of a choice Brexit really has been.

I hope Nexit is next!
The following 2 users Like Jan's post:
  • General Rickets, Laurinwookie
(02-21-2019, 02:07 PM)Jan Wrote: Brexit is a temporary mess, which is logical because any big change to any country will result in needing time to adjust.

Give it some time and in a couple of years you will all realise how good of a choice Brexit really has been.

I hope Nexit is next!

The thing with that argument though is that there is no proof of anything being better in a few years. It's all just purely based out of hope.

The actual facts are is that we're going to be less financially and economically viable. We're going to have to have all new trade agreements with both the EU and other countries, which take years to plan and finalise whereas right now, currently in the EU, we have free trade with the biggest trading block in the world and with external counties like Japan and Switzerland.

Brexit was pushed off of false ideas and narratives.
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

The following 1 user Likes Huskii's post:
  • Emil
(02-21-2019, 02:07 PM)Jan Wrote: Brexit is a temporary mess, which is logical because any big change to any country will result in needing time to adjust.

I hope Nexit is next!

What exactly would make Brexit a good choice? As far as I remember, wasn't the majority of the Brexit campaign basically on lies, such as the extra £350 million a week?
The following 1 user Likes Emil's post:
  • Janzo 火
I don't like the EU in it's current state. It might have been a pretty good idea, but nowadays this is a completely mess. I would wish, Germany leaving the EU as well but this will never happen because of our current left politicans and the same opinion on the majority of the citizens.
 Hope I helped in a way,

Regards, Laurin. (+Rep?)

[Image: FHtvBN8.png]
The following 1 user Likes Laurinwookie's post:
  • Lewwings
I like the European Union as it was back in the 1950s-1990s. I'm meh on the European Union of the 1990s. I detest the European Union from 1999 onwards.

The problem with the European Union today is the fact that it is turning into more of a "United States of Europe" than a "European Union". I don't like how the EU's bodies are ran, or how MEPs who have nothing to do with some countries can decide on the laws and legislation of those countries. The initial idea of the EU is good, but it's being bent into something silly and this isn't what the UK or it's citizens agreed to in 1973 and 1975, respectively. 

It's nice to see many others who agree with Brexit, and not to mention those who disagree with Brexit, mostly for realistic reasons, I understand the economy will be taking a hit, as well as many jobs, but for more independence and freedoms that an ever overreaching and overcontroling EU, I'm up for it! I can understand both sides of the debate, and while I may not agree with the anti-Brexit side, I can understand most of their points: Understanding both sides is critical as the UK moves closer to 29 March 2019.

Sadly, I couldn't of voted on the Brexit issue due to not being of the voting age in the UK (18), but if I could of, I would of voted Leave, as that's how I feel about the EU.

Now let's look at what some people have had to say in this thread:

"united ireland?"

Yes pls

"It's a very bad idea." 

Understandable, not everyone will agree on this.

"Cant wait for this to happen, cant wait to see all the students get angry because they didn't get their way."

I can't wait either. I can't wait to see many students complain about this issue either, adding to the political field in the UK and being passionate about their stance on Brexit, although, it's a vocal minority that taint the image of anti-Brexit students I think is getting to you; most have reasonable points and concerns.

"The brits show the way! Wish Swexit would happen"

I find it unlikely with Sweden's current government, but political shifts do seem to be happening. Maybe the next step could be either the EU returning to how it was pre-1999, or dissolving, thnx.

"anyone who voted leave is a highly uneducated individual, you have contributed to the removal of thousands of jobs, even hundreds of thousands IF brexit actually happens - you have contributed to making the UK a laughing stock in front of the entire world, you have contributed to the worst event since WW2 that has happened to this country."

Great start to your argument, I can already smell a broken argument if your first point is to insult 52% of those who voted for Brexit, classy. New jobs opportunities and companies will spring to fill the void, maybe not immediately, but in the coming months and years, things will settle down. So the UK is a laughing stock for wanting independence and sovereignty back? No, not at all, it's a sign of the determination of the people to choose their own future as a nation. This is far from the worst event since WW2, we all both know that. Three day week (1970s), Cold Winter (1978), 7/7 Attacks (2005), Great Recession (2008-2012ish), to name a few events of worse magnitude so far. 

"brexit is a complete disaster and many of the people who voted to leave think that they don't have any control in the EU, whereas in fact they do, there are no other reasons for voting for brexit, unless of course the person is genuinely uneducated with no qualifications and blaming all the EUROPEAN immigrants because 'no jobs are available' this is a load of bollocks as there are many jobs available for everyone to have, people on benefits are just too fucking lazy to get a job and scapegoat the european immigrants who work hard to get what they want."

We clearly don't have enough control in the EU when other countries are dictating our laws and legislation, I don't want us dictating other countries stuff, and I don't want my country's stuff to be dictated from another. Again, back to personally insulting the other side, instead of defending your own, classy once more. Out of curiosity, do you have any idea what you are talking about, or are you spewing out nonsense at this point? Your last point is just silly.

"and in the end the immigrants are paying for your lazy ass to sit on benefits all day, so if you are on benefits and voted brexit you are a disgrace to the fucking country."

Other way around, actually, thanks. Everyone has a right to vote, regardless of lifestyle, career, etc, it seems to me like you are promoting discrimination off of someone's role in society, which is quite immature, everyone over 18 in the UK (minus prisoners) has the right to exercise their voting powers, end of. 

"the only real reasons why people voted for brexit is:

1) you don't like the immigrants"

Utter nonsense, I like immigrants, fuck it, the UK is a country built off immigrants: Normans, Vikings, Germans, French, Dutch, Irish, etc. I don't like immigrants that come here to use and abuse our very generous services: NHS, benefits, etc.

"2) you don't like that the EU 'takes' your money - it contributes a percentage of your money to improve Europe in general(as well as your own country, take a look at Liverpool) thus you can enjoy yourself while on holiday or you can emigrate to a different EU country, the EU gives you that freedom."

I don't mind, but again, I would like our country to deal with and fund ourselves, and other countries to deal with and fund themselves.

"3) you don't like the EU politicians - this is probably because you were told they were bad by the sun or some other tabloid 'news' source - to solve this issue get up and vote in the next MEP election instead of complaining about EU politicians why don't you vote for the ones you like."

I don't mind EU politicians either, I don't read the Sun or tabloids as they aren't news to me and more controversial gossip. I read BBC News, Guardian, The Times, actual news sources, and still dislike some EU politicians based off of their character, ideas, past, and stance. I don't automatically dislike an EU politician, I only dislike them when they do something stupid. Nah, there won't be another MEP election anyways, ta-taa!

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 2 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • Laurinwookie, General Rickets
(02-21-2019, 12:46 PM)Janzo 火 Wrote: I'm no longer concerned about issues of why we are leaving the EU. The fact is that the government of the UK has dealt with it poorly with little to no clear direction. In addition the time allocated of 2 years should have been plenty but to me it only seems as if real negotiations have only started in the past half year or so.

It's a complete mess and so is the political climate.

I gotta agree with the British government's handling on this was very piss poor and seemed very unwilling to actually perform their duty: to serve in the will of the British people. Not dilly-dally around waiting until the last minute and spewing out some failure of a plan and then go back to the drawing board with a month to go. 

British politics needs a shakeup in how it approaches the people's will, and not with an independent party created by a fusion of ex-Labour and ex-Conservative MPs, but with an attitude fix.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

well Lewings if It was me I’d remove free benefits all together, unless a person is physically or mentally disabled/incapable of working. People should clean streets etc. Then they should be rewarded with pay from the state, people in this day and age love the welfare state. Again, in your argument you imply that a lot of immigrants sit on benefits, this is very very untrue in terms of EU-immigrants, they are hard working individuals. Like I mention time and time again the problem is with Muslims and Arabs, they don’t contribute and assimilate into European society and should be kicked out if they fail to do so swiftly - let’s face it they are the problem and there’s no need to pretend there isn’t a problem with them being here in such large numbers. Leaving the EU will not remove Arabs and Muslims, the EU needs reform not destruction.

The EU should introduce extensive point systems for migrants coming from outside the EU, EU citizens should get jobs before they do.
The following 2 users Like juicyorange's post:
  • General Rickets, Janzo 火
(02-21-2019, 08:44 AM)juicyorange Wrote: anyone who voted leave is a highly uneducated individual

Didn’t acknowledge anything past this point. It’s more than acceptable and if anything, rather admirable to be so passionate about your opinion and have the ability to back it up with the most constructive arguments possible. However, when you initiate the discussion with a direct insult to those you’re trying to counter that essentially boils down to ‘your opinion is different to mine therefore you are wrong and stupid’, how can you possibly expect anyone to take you or your arguments seriously?

As far as post-Brexit scenario is concerned, in a very brief view, I am intrigued to see what comes of it, and remain relatively optimistic for now.
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 2 users Like Zecon's post:
  • Lewwings, General Rickets
I think the leave-Brits are suffering from megalomania.

I think it's especially funny that the poorly educated vote for Brexit. Like the people that work for the Nissan plant in Sunderland, they're job is reliant on free trade. Getting parts to the factory just in time from all over Europe, and then exporting the finished cars through the entire European Union. The thing that is making this possible is the free movement of goods through the entire EU.

UK is not powerful enough to make the same deals as the united European countries can. Besides the actual deal with the EU, which is still nowhere near made. Just look at how progress is going with the UK-Japan trade deal (country with an economy 80% larger than the UK). Although I am doing business with Japanese based companies now, thanks to the new trade deal that basically eliminated all tariffs between Japan, the world 3rd largest economy and the EU.

Also, I'm really grateful multinationals are relocating their HQ from the great city of London to Amsterdam, thanks for the jobs.

At least the 10% shrink of the UK economy after a no-deal Brexit will show the other European countries, sticking together is the way to go in the globalist world that exists today. Maybe the EU isn't so "evil" after all... thanks for that Imperial Britain.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:75548000&b=10]
The following 2 users Like ElonWuzhou's post:
  • Janzo 火, juicyorange