Ask the person that has been ddosing fearless anything
First I'd like to repeat what both Faustie and Nudel said (without posting it of course) about the whole mature thing.
It's great to hear the "oppinion/reason" from you and not just guess to it.

However I see your point in your messages. I'm not going to justify our work with saying "It's hard to be an admin" because that is not an excuse.
I think most admins do what they can and some times that's just not enough. Which is also why (I think) Soulripper promoted Nudelholz - To get another "administrator" above administrators so to say -

The problem with DDoS'ing is that.. Well it's pretty obvious. We can't really do anything to improve our work. All we can do is look at the Gametracker page saying "Server not avaible". Which is quite frustrating as you may realize. Now I'm in the lucky seat just like Faustie meaning that I of course have other things to do. Personally I just feel bad for those who put so much time into Fearless.

Some of our players use Fearless as their "Social life" on the internet. Instead of using Facebook, Myspace etc. they are who they want to be on Fearless. Which is also why I think they write the:
"Omg fearless is my life.. Kill the DDoS'er". Nobody can use those messages to anything, however.
Anyways as Nudelholz said then it's great to hear what you think about. By posting this we realize what we need to prove in a way which can't get more clear to us. We NEED to improve and get more professional. That's quite obvious now.

But.. My question to you is: Have you ever had a community yourself or been a part of one? Like admin/moderator etc.

EDIT: I just saw that you've posted other normal posts in other threads, contributing to the forum. Maybe you've had bad experiences with the server and the players. We all have that sometimes.. Sadly. But on the forum you may recon that many people are very kind and helpful. There's a bond between the Fearless players which many communities doesn't have. All the old players know eachother. Hell... Some folkes have been here since 2008. Even though this is on the internet you begin to "know" people in certain ways. Now that.. That is what it's all about.
You cause quite a stir in the community with your DDOSing. I've figured that you're in the UK since sometimes when I stay up all night, not a DDOS in sight. Which is the only time I feel really safe enough to do anything. I guess for one point, you do kind of cut down on the contrafarming for everyone, but it's not really something to be proud of.

As a donator, I do feel saddened by the amount of times the server has been down, and how frequent. I understand you are not the only one DDOSing, but I do wish for you to stop doing so. I mean, you have done enough damage in my opinion. I'm not sure of what your goals are still. From what I feel, I believe your goal is something to do with so many people being banned, and you are taking your anger out on people. Heres the thing though, some people have left because of the DDOSing, which upsets me.

I like this community, and I'm here to stay, despite the DDOSing. There are others that are paying for your mistakes however, which I feel is unnecessary. Can't you just forgive and forget? It would really be nice if you could. Yes, I am angry, as are most of the people in the community, but I and the rest of the community would be very grateful if you were to refrain from DDOSing us in the future.

Thank you for reading.
I can see what his motives are ie: Admins are misunderstanding situations and just banning 'willy nilly' for unreasonable ammounts of times, I can understand if the person who was breaking the rules has done it constantly to have a long ban to learn from the mistakes. But I have been banned twice by people for a simple mistake that I could've been warned for and instead was banned for a day... (I was banned for a day for forgetting to put keypads on both sides of the prop, yet I could've just been warned for)

I do also think that DDOSing the servers isn't actually going to help people realise to stop it as many players on the server are ignorant and don't care as it's not a problem but to the people who play Fearless as a daily routine I can see how distressing it could be.

My question is: Is there anyone specific you would like to single out so they know who they are and can take what you say into consideration?
I think this is very nice to know, you did it on your way, a bit weird of a way in my opinion, but just that you said what we did wrong and why you're doing it, make's me feel better. I know it's not only you DDoS'ing the community, but I still feel better. Thanks for saying what you did and why you did it. Much appreciated.

P.S Don't get me wrong, it was still wrong in so many ways.

BlueScattle
Sincerely,
Happily Insane
[Image: HNkLAJM.png]
Allow me to preface this by saying I never claimed what I did was right, nor am I trying to justify my actions, I make no excuses, I was asked my reasoning and gave an answer. At first I had no goal other than revenge. I didn’t even think about goals much until I was asked.
Dryblood, some of the admins I targeted specifically. You were not one of them; you were just a cog in a machine that I was hitting with a sledge hammer.
Stillalive, Yes, I use to own my own gaming community many years ago. Never meant to, I just started a server to goof around on and it started to grow and did not stop. I had to close it when I had other issues going on in real life I had to deal with. I still miss those days at times. After that I have admined on a few small time tfc and tf2 servers. I went to the “dark side” after I got bored of most games and started aimboting.
Interknet, of course you are angry, that was part of the idea, and as already stated, I have stopped all attacks on fearless.
Llama, no, I do not want to call any one person out.
BlueScattle, No problem. Yes, it was wrong. I am not without a dark side.
I'm actually stunned that you have gone out of your own way to talk about these DDoS attacks when you could have just kept going, but I admire you for doing this and for listening to what the community had to say and to do the right thing. I personally did get frustrated at the fact that I kept loosing all my contraband from contrawhoring but looking back, was just a waste of time to be honest, it's best to simply RP. Anywho, I appreciate the fact that you came onto the forums to talk about this in a mature manner and I just hope that other DDoS'ers that may also be involved with our beloved server have the courage, the maturity and the kindness to come up, to confess and to simply talk about it rather than keep this up to ruin it for everyone.

Thank You. -- SnowMan
I also have to ask, Whats it like to grip such power? Knowing that you could take a relatively good server down with a few clicks must feel...Powering i suppose. As Spidermans uncle said..With great power comes great responsibility..Thats right...Right?
[Image: IMG]

Beflok is my idol

(01-25-2012, 12:54 AM)Worldwidecoffee Wrote: I also have to ask, Whats it like to grip such power? Knowing that you could take a relatively good server down with a few clicks must feel...Powering i suppose. As Spidermans uncle said..With great power comes great responsibility..Thats right...Right?

Having the power is an amazing feeling. It is not just this server, I can take down the websites of some million dollar companies, and you would think they invest more to protect the most vital form of income. The first time I took a website down was a rush of adrenaline. Not to mention the first time I gained unauthorized access to someone’s personal computer. I could see and control everything. I could see their desktop view being streamed live. I seen what they seen. I could jam their mouse and keyboard and take them over and use their PC like I was seated at their desk. Yes, it does come with great responsibility, these things can be used to do lots of good, or lots of bad.
Well the last things you said you were just using rats
(01-25-2012, 01:49 AM)CHOCOLATEPERVE Wrote: Well the last things you said you were just using rats

Correct. Well, rats, crypters, java exploits and russian VPNs.